new games on games warehouse

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

new games on games warehouse

Post by cool »

Wizard of Oz £10 JP Questions & Skill (with skill dont lose life if dont complete apparently).
Whack a Rabbit £10 JP Questions.Very simple 5 sections to complete.answers come up through burrows- novel.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I saw the the Twat a Rabbit yesterday. Its really just like Pub Quiz with added annoyance/distraction of the of the answers fliting about the screen. It starts to get on your nerves after a while LOL.
cool

Post by cool »

Apparently the makers of the whack a rabbit were going to make it more attractive to female players by calling it the rabbit and introducing a new innovation to the gaming world namely the machine would vibrate with every correct answer.After trials it would soon realised it would fail as women would sit on it all day and not get off(actually many did)
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Don't know if these are new or old but it's the 1st time I've seen them.

3 10p play £5 jackpot games
1 was a standard slot based game
1 was a poker style game, once you won say 20p there'd be 2 jokers hidden amongst 5 cards, pick a joker to win £1

and lastly and most weird 1 was a dice game, pick a dice 1 to 6 then a column of random dice would drop and if you reached a certain height without your chosen number appearing you'd win £1 then you get the chance to collect or continue with a lot less distance to the next prize level.

All complete pants though.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
grecian

Post by grecian »

I've seen the rabbit based one on a local cabinet (it's been there a week or two) and thought it was neither brilliant nor rubbish - a reasonable mid-standard addition to GWHL cabinets, I guess. Not seen Wizard of Oz yet.
cool

Post by cool »

wizard of oz is definitely the more interesting, but as games are brought in at low levels of opportunity it will probably be months before a definite picture emerges of whether it has potential or not.One of the things against it is the lack of a tv programme or game to make it appeal to joe public.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

cool wrote:wizard of oz is definitely the more interesting, but as games are brought in at low levels of opportunity it will probably be months before a definite picture emerges of whether it has potential or not.One of the things against it is the lack of a tv programme or game to make it appeal to joe public.
Has something gone wrong with using TV games?
I mean nowadays we have Pointless, Breakaway and The Chase - all of which could be used in a decentish game. Actually, even Flog It! Come Dine With Me and Four In A Bed could be just about transformed into something that might drag the punters in.
Have licences become too expensive or something?
In my experience this was often the best time of the year. Not now.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

rogerthymes wrote:Has something gone wrong with using TV games?
I mean nowadays we have Pointless, Breakaway and The Chase - all of which could be used in a decentish game. Actually, even Flog It! Come Dine With Me and Four In A Bed could be just about transformed into something that might drag the punters in.
Have licences become too expensive or something?
In my experience this was often the best time of the year. Not now.
Was over at a mates recently and played 'QI' on his local indego which I hadn't seen anywhere else. I really liked it and surprised its not been mentioned on here before. No idea if its a payer - it certainly wasn't for us but great amusement to be had having our general knowledge picked apart at length by the game!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

My verdict:

Whack a Wabbit - this one is not bad. The new gimmick is that the answers pop up and disappear but it's not deliberately set up to make you miss the right answer. It's quite quick and fun and I think will appeal to punters as much as any new Q&A game these days is likely to. It also has a convenient 'tell' as to when it's moved into harder mode - you get 10 questions to complete a round not 5. The prize levels change each time as well and no doubt it retains a '£1 JP' setting for ultimate protection. As I said, not bad at all, and that I fear is as good as we are ever going to get from any new game now.

The Wizard of Oddz - this I'm afraid has all the hallmarks of a 'None of the Above'-style dud. The basic premise is that there are 49 questions to answer, with £10 if you collect all seven 'golden fairies' on the way, and other bonuses for Extra Life and Continue. The first issue is that it's very much if you collect all seven fairies - it's made clear in the rules that they may not all be there. The other issue is that you seemingly on average need to answer 25-30 questions (all of which have four answers not three from the very start) to reach even £1, and that's assuming that the various bonuses are fairly distributed at the start of each game (rather than being chosen by the programme as you progress). The spoilers start to kick in around question 20. It looks nice admittedly but the gameplay is slow and dull. What will kill it though is that is has been installed in hard mode, no punters will ever win anything on it (unless it retains the ability to suddenly become a lot easier) so they will rapidly get discouraged and because of this it looks to me like it won't ever become worth playing.

Paragon Games removed? - there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern amongst the Q&A games at least; I thought at first that Colour of Money was the only obvious casualty in this release but I have found examples with the new games that still have that on. Similarly, By Any Means may not be on some of the new releases but that seems to be down to it already having been removed from that particular cabinet during the previous release's lifespan.

QI - this isn't a GWHL game (on the Paragons); it's only on Ind:e cabinets at present. It's quite fun to play, albeit some of the 'wrong' questions are quite dubious, but the end game is a swizz - you get say 7 cash questions but each of these is only worth 50p and you lose 50p for each wrong answer, and they are set a quite a tricky level, so even if you do well and get say 5 out of 7 right, you only win £1.50 (£2.50 - £1.00). It's not as bad as say that dreadful Buzz game but it's still pretty poor.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I've been told to post to keep my account active so thought I'd better. After six weeks or so of not playing any SWPs I ventured out recently. Played some of the new material - I thought Wizard of Oddz and Whack a Rabbit seem fairly tough although need to play them in an out-of-the-way location to be sure. The bigger earners for me remained some of the older titles I regret to say.

Came across QI and Piggy Bank on a GamesNet too. QI was definitely enjoyable although a classic case of a game ruined by its endgame - as Nil says the prize territory is pretty much £1-£2 and even the best game begins to pall at that sort of level. Piggy Bank again felt tough to me - graphically very similar to Pub Quiz.

Anyway, so far so uninspiring and I'll crawl back under my non-SWP playing stone.
Cf

Post by Cf »

gambogaz1 wrote:Don't know if these are new or old but it's the 1st time I've seen them.

3 10p play £5 jackpot games
1 was a standard slot based game
1 was a poker style game, once you won say 20p there'd be 2 jokers hidden amongst 5 cards, pick a joker to win £1

and lastly and most weird 1 was a dice game, pick a dice 1 to 6 then a column of random dice would drop and if you reached a certain height without your chosen number appearing you'd win £1 then you get the chance to collect or continue with a lot less distance to the next prize level.

All complete pants though.
That dice game is one of the best things ever!
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Gamesnet 27 blue screen I think Qi and piggy bank new games on front screen
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Whack a Wabbit - Just so annoying to play. It's had 50p off me, and I just wanted it to end.
Oh, I'm so scared.