Eliminated?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Topical2009

Eliminated?

Post by Topical2009 »

Looks like Eliminator is really gone now. Obviously been like rocking horse doo doo on Paragons for a while, then removed from the new Open menu, but now seems to be rapidly disappearing from the Gamesnet as well.

What do we think are the chances of Eliminator 2.0 appearing at some point? It seems to have been popular with punters as well as pros, and there are clearly rounds on the database which haven't been used yet (or at least only used as wrong answers - Welsh Footballers anyone?), and lots more which could be written. Let's face it, Find Five isn't anywhere near as good, and I can't see it cutting the mustard as a direct replacement.

The strongest games have always survived by keeping the format, and regularly updating the question sets, but apart from Pub Quiz that doesn't seem to happen so much these days...
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Going more from being battered than being unpopular I suspect. I know a couple of lads who are demon on this, even when the superfast timers kick in.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Mat Ingram

Post by Mat Ingram »

Find 5 is a pale imitation, and will never substitute for Eliminator.
Fatspanner won't pay for a superior game; so you are all left with a poor mans copy.

You only need to replace the hard categories, as these are the stoppers.
Trouble is that you need a lot of new stoppers, and its a lot of work for little money, as it is only on Gamesnet now.
Show me more.....
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

May as well be called 'Find Fuck All' since that's what you get when you get there. How does this company stay in business?

And more importantly why haven't they put the real Pub Quiz back on instead of some shite clone?
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

QuizMaster wrote:Going more from being battered than being unpopular I suspect. I know a couple of lads who are demon on this, even when the superfast timers kick in.
Aye.
ImpartialBernard

Post by ImpartialBernard »

Find 5 is a pale imitation, and will never substitute for Eliminator.
Fatspanner won't pay for a superior game; so you are all left with a poor mans copy.
Attachments
vic_and_bob_handbags_878.jpg
vic_and_bob_handbags_878.jpg (6.51 KiB) Viewed 782 times
ImpartialBernard

Post by ImpartialBernard »

Although on a more serious note, according to my shady connections I understood the reason for Eliminators removal was a combination of it being dicked and that the company responsible for its creation has pulled out of the SWP market altogether.

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong because my connections have been known to make stuff up just to get a rise out of someone.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Good on people able to "dick" Eliminator. I never reached a particularly high standard on it, I must say.
Mat Ingram

Post by Mat Ingram »

ImpartialBernard wrote:the reason for Eliminators removal was a combination of it being dicked and that the company responsible for its creation has pulled out of the SWP market altogether.
Sounds like a direct quote from Richard Terry.
Show me more.....
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

It was kind of dickable if you put the work in.

I'm wondering now if it's sudden disappearance is due to the current test series? Two of their harder categories were Pakistani cricketers and Indian cricketers. I was finally there with the Indian side...just a smidgeon too late.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I saw someone empty an open with this game in a spoons last week. He seemed to just know the answers to every set, and would find the answers within seconds.
He didn't seem to be 'all there' when I spoke to him - Autistic or something, with a hunchback and gammy left arm. He said he had been playing it for 6 months and just knew all the answers.
It was impressive to see £70/80 won in about 5 minutes.
messiah

Post by messiah »

Thumper wrote:Autistic or something, with a hunchback and gammy left arm.
Are you sure it wasn't Istenem?
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

sounds like spacker Tim. He is autistic, he has a first from oxford in history. he finds it hard to cope with normal life, so hes found his living from machines.very nice man actually. he has a disabled wife that he lives with from blackpool
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

we actually got him to give us locations of connect 4.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Thumper wrote:I saw someone empty an open with this game in a spoons last week. He seemed to just know the answers to every set, and would find the answers within seconds.
He didn't seem to be 'all there' when I spoke to him - Autistic or something, with a hunchback and gammy left arm. He said he had been playing it for 6 months and just knew all the answers.
It was impressive to see £70/80 won in about 5 minutes.
Fantastic story. Oddly I knew a chap called Tom at Oxford who matches the "autistic and got a first" exactly. I wish I occasionally came across players of this level of interestingness. All you see in London are muppets, plus Suri every two years or so.