Thin Menus

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Topical2009

Thin Menus

Post by Topical2009 »

I was out and about in Birmingham today and found myself having a quick one in the Old Joint Stock (for those who aren't familiar, it's a cavernous, and well-preserved, Victorian place currently run by Fullers: nice beer). Anyway, it has a Paragon, and when I looked at the menu screens, I found the following (yes, I was so surprised, I wrote it down - if I wasn't a Luddite with no cameraphone, I'd have taken a picture):

Quiz: MotD, 1vs100, Beat the Landlord, Dr Who, By Any Means, DOND
Word: I Spy, PMP
Skill: Spot the Diff, Little Shop, Monkey Spank, Prem League Darts

And that was it. So what's happened - all the other games pulled because people have won too much, or is this just a machine that never gets updated? And has anyone seen a thinner selection on a Paragon anywhere? If it's because of too many wins, do the games keep disappearing till there's only one left?
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

That sounds ominous. Might as well just have a big Monkey Spank on the front and be done with it.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I think Paragons drop to a limited selection of games when the credits on the dongle run out.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

quizard wrote:I think Paragons drop to a limited selection of games when the credits on the dongle run out.

Nail-head!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Recently I encountered a paragon during start-up which said 2 games remaining. I played a pound game, then a 50p game then a few more games but there was no discernible change while I was on it. Out of curiosity I went to the same pub the following morning and it was just the same.
But you do see some oddly bare menus here and there.
nobody ever wins on those things.