Post by Matt Vinyl »

Well?

My local Paragon is good for a few goes on:

-Darts
-Hexagrams (I think)
-Hex
-Pub Quiz
-Colour of Money

But as I'm in there often, it gets a bit dull. Anything due out of the woodwork soon does anyone know?

Also, did anyone ever erm, 'prep up' I-Spy for a sizable win? That's disappeared too...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
paragoon

Re: Any New Games Forthcoming?

Post by paragoon »

Matt Vinyl wrote:Well?

My local Paragon is good for a few goes on:

-Darts
-Hexagrams (I think)
-Hex
-Pub Quiz
-Colour of Money

But as I'm in there often, it gets a bit dull. Anything due out of the woodwork soon does anyone know?

Also, did anyone ever erm, 'prep up' I-Spy for a sizable win? That's disappeared too...
Last two new games I've seen are Eggheads a month or so ago, which has been discussed here and seems to be unmitigated shite, and I saw a new Skill Ball bingo variation yesterday which I played once then realised I'd been trying to win 20p for a line. :o ops:
Neither game bodes well. The one previous was None Of The Above - as bad as the others.
Only good newish game is Wacky Races which has been around for four months or so now.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

yes, i noticed that bingo thing too.
hunk of crap afaiac but it strikes me that the working title must have been 'two fat ladies'. but then somebody realised that it would probably offend exactly the demographic which would be attracted to this game: fat single women who hunt in pairs (each thinking that the other is slightly uglier).

but on a serious note: i thought the HMRC guidelines precluded anything which resembled a game of chance? even the most deluded biddy realises that lotto/bingo etc has nothing to do with the players aptitude.
nobody ever wins on those things.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

There's also Battleships 2 out on the test Paragons. As far as I can tell, the difference seems to be that if and when you bomb out in the end game, you continue to play a new round.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Whoop de f*king doo!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Agree in that wacky races is probably the best new release in recent times in terms of fairness and prize winning ability. Stuff like none of the above is just beyond a joke.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Our local has a new release - Caesar's Palace II.
Very much like the old one although collecting a 'key' which is now a 'gem' gives you the option to save it to the end game, or use it to level up the pyramid straight away.
The end game has been changed to a family Guy-esque knockout cash values format, although interestingly, once you obtain a prize, you have the option to collect, or answer a standard 3 option question to advance to bigger prizes.
In the future, I can see this being its downfall to the better informed, impossible spoiler set or not.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Again. Nice to see something new then.
grecian

Post by grecian »

kidgloves wrote:Our local has a new release - Caesar's Palace II.
Very much like the old one although collecting a 'key' which is now a 'gem' gives you the option to save it to the end game, or use it to level up the pyramid straight away.
The end game has been changed to a family Guy-esque knockout cash values format, although interestingly, once you obtain a prize, you have the option to collect, or answer a standard 3 option question to advance to bigger prizes.
In the future, I can see this being its downfall to the better informed, impossible spoiler set or not.
Interesting. Knowing Libra, I bet the endgame gamble up Qs are from their "brutal" bank!
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

The same unit is also sporting Million Pound Drop. It plays like the tv show, however bends the rules by giving you anything up to 4 questions each round after you have chosen your subject matter.
Haven't seen the end game on this yet, so can't comment.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I imagine the rule is bent considerably further by you not being able to win a million... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

kidgloves wrote:The same unit is also sporting Million Pound Drop. It plays like the tv show, however bends the rules by giving you anything up to 4 questions each round after you have chosen your subject matter.
I got to the end game. Won a million but when I pressed 'collect' it went to Megatouch(?) Free Games menu. I quit that and tried 'collect' again but it waited a second and then just disappeared - back to zero.
I went to the barmaid and explained I'd just won a million quid on the machine but she said she'd have to take my number and call me back Monday as it's a different company and not the pub's responsibility.
I refused as I don't like giving my number out and they never call anyway.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

paragoon wrote:
kidgloves wrote:The same unit is also sporting Million Pound Drop. It plays like the tv show, however bends the rules by giving you anything up to 4 questions each round after you have chosen your subject matter.
I got to the end game. Won a million but when I pressed 'collect' it went to Megatouch(?) Free Games menu. I quit that and tried 'collect' again but it waited a second and then just disappeared - back to zero.
I went to the barmaid and explained I'd just won a million quid on the machine but she said she'd have to take my number and call me back Monday as it's a different company and not the pub's responsibility.
I refused as I don't like giving my number out and they never call anyway.
Obviously I'm not as funny as I think I am! :o ops: :lol:

Since I wrote that post I did actually find an over gamesnet machine with these on. The Caesar's Palace 2 is a terrible pale copy of CP1. It's so shitly designed it's untrue. And those idiot endgames where you could 'win' 50p or 20p..F OFF.

As for Million Pound Drop - weirdly before I got round to playing it the machine switched itself off and on again (seriously) rebooted WITHOUT Million Pound Drop and with Golden Boot in its place. No idea why.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

I've seen this now- release 23. Aside from Caesars 2 (offered 50p, refused, spoiler, got right, offered 50p again etc :roll :) there's also take it or leave it, which, confusingly, is not take it or leave it at all- in fact it appears to play exactly like old DOND did. Don't know if it's as lucrative for the pros tho. There's also footy quiz which is exactly as it sounds, Monopoly and Cluedo are back. Lot of the old faves are still there and appear unchanged.

Managed to actually IOU my first quizzer the other day. Actually, it paid out, and then said it owed me money as well.... :shock: