Game improvements.

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Game improvements.

Post by paragoon »

Why are there so many great improvements happening at the moment? You can really live high on the hog. Oh happy day.

1. Bullseye - new version much easier and less time consuming than it used to be.
2. Deal Or No Deal - much better to mess around with user-unfriendly bottom-answer layout than old fashioned eye-level ridiculousness.
3. By Any Means - great idea to scrap the 'bonuses' at the end to entice you into another game. In the past I found it an affront to my manliness and much prefer to 'play bareback' as it were rather than have any help.

Any other games you can think of similarly improved?

Paragon's inclusion of games where you don't win any money at all are great for a bit of respite too.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

:roll:
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

WaterGate wrote: :roll:
Thanks. Was just trying to get some/any kind of craic going here about how quickly paragon has gone from being pretty good to downright crap.
Ok, maybe my sarcasm's not that funny but there seems to be no debate about anything here - like the fact that while the new itbox isn't bad, its just about impossible to find them anywhere.
I suppose people just want to check into this board regularly to check whether there's some scam going or some clues they can pick up. Or many people are too busy filling their pockets with coins.
I tried...
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

paragoon wrote:
Thanks. Was just trying to get some/any kind of craic going here about how quickly paragon has gone from being pretty good to downright crap.
Ok, maybe my sarcasm's not that funny but there seems to be no debate about anything here - like the fact that while the new itbox isn't bad, its just about impossible to find them anywhere.
I suppose people just want to check into this board regularly to check whether there's some scam going or some clues they can pick up. Or many people are too busy filling their pockets with coins.
I tried...
Wasn't lost on me. Can't really criticise because I haven't started a thread for ages but I came on here on Friday and not a single post had been made since Wednesday.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

:|
quizard

Post by quizard »

paragoon wrote:
I tried...
Well you only gave it 4.5 hours for someone to bite. :lol:
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

I'm a dog alright? I have a very tough time trying to stand up in the car.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

You forgot the following two I discovered recently:

1. DOND - End game is actually no longer deal or no deal.

2. Colour of Money - End game used to be you got as many picks as you wanted as long as you kept answering correctly. Now its a 3 pick maximum even if you have all your lives left.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I've definitely been less interested in playing them of late, which is why I've been posting here less.

That's due to multiple factors actually - quality of games just being one. I'm certainly aware of some very strong players still making lots and lots from the machines but - with regret - I don't think I'm quite at that level. In my experience, I've found decent-sized wins relatively difficult to obtain from any of the cabinets in recent months.

I haven't played deeply enough to comment authoritatively on the SWP-related changes to be honest, but some of the more obvious changes (e.g. the next game bonuses on By Any Means) clearly make life more tricky for the player. Away from the Paragons, to my eye it is pretty meagre fare at the moment - Gamesnets and itBoxes both seem to have the same, rather sparse-looking, HMRC-compliant line-up of titles, and I find it a challenge to walk away more than about £10 to the good, which isn't really enough to make me want to spend hours playing them. And as others have said the Open line-up isn't great - too many £3JPs and speedy introduction of their ludicrous spoiler sets for my liking.

I expect things will get better, because they always seem to: we've had pretty dull spells before, followed by great spells, and no doubt that will occur here as manufacturers eventually find some playable HMRC-compliant formats.

As I said, though, for me the main reasons for playing less are lifestyle-related: I've moved out of London, so that limits my time and mobility in London quite a bit; I've changed to a job where there is more of an incentive to putting your head down and getting the work done (which means I'm less inclined to take hour-long SWP-playing lunchbreaks); and I'm increasingly interested in trying to improve my quiz abilities in the broader sense rather than in the more narrow SWP-learning sense. I suspect that SWPs will become much more of a casual and occasional habit in the years ahead; so be it.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

grecian wrote:I've definitely been less interested in playing them of late, which is why I've been posting here less.

That's due to multiple factors actually - quality of games just being one. I'm certainly aware of some very strong players still making lots and lots from the machines but - with regret - I don't think I'm quite at that level. In my experience, I've found decent-sized wins relatively difficult to obtain from any of the cabinets in recent months.

I haven't played deeply enough to comment authoritatively on the SWP-related changes to be honest, but some of the more obvious changes (e.g. the next game bonuses on By Any Means) clearly make life more tricky for the player. Away from the Paragons, to my eye it is pretty meagre fare at the moment - Gamesnets and itBoxes both seem to have the same, rather sparse-looking, HMRC-compliant line-up of titles, and I find it a challenge to walk away more than about £10 to the good, which isn't really enough to make me want to spend hours playing them. And as others have said the Open line-up isn't great - too many £3JPs and speedy introduction of their ludicrous spoiler sets for my liking.

I expect things will get better, because they always seem to: we've had pretty dull spells before, followed by great spells, and no doubt that will occur here as manufacturers eventually find some playable HMRC-compliant formats.

As I said, though, for me the main reasons for playing less are lifestyle-related: I've moved out of London, so that limits my time and mobility in London quite a bit]I've changed to a job where there is more of an incentive to putting your head down and getting the work done [/b](which means I'm less inclined to take hour-long SWP-playing lunchbreaks); and I'm increasingly interested in trying to improve my quiz abilities in the broader sense rather than in the more narrow SWP-learning sense. I suspect that SWPs will become much more of a casual and occasional habit in the years ahead; so be it.

I'll be the first to congratulate on a long and successful career in the word of gynaecology.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I was playing Colour of Money earlier on a Paragon TT 2009. I won £6 first go. It credited the six quid but then immediately returned me to the main menu and Colour of Money had vanished!

Later on when I finished on the machine it went into update mode. All very spooky lol
Attachments
tt2009_137.jpg
tt2009_137.jpg (33.23 KiB) Viewed 566 times
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

quizard wrote:I was playing Colour of Money earlier on a Paragon TT 2009. I won £6 first go. It credited the six quid but then immediately returned me to the main menu and Colour of Money had vanished!

Later on when I finished on the machine it went into update mode. All very spooky lol
Apparently when you win over a fiver it starts to film you and sends the results to the anti-fruitchat labratory.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Big Brother is clearly watching you
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Well that's certainly better than watching Big Brother!

Still JPing Darts fairly successfully. Played 3 on Monday, which equalled a £28 gross win.

Other than that, there's little that holds my attention any more.

QM: Have you noticed any particular changes to PQ?

The major game-killer for me is that 'Land in the black and it's Game Over' on Bully - that is really shabby.
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Pub Quiz largerly unchanged apart from another swathe of new questions about the Top 100 comedy characters and all those other naff list shows.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday