New paragon error

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Istenem wrote:get a grip guys. otherwise suffer the misery.
yes, it is an annoying error but it is not malicious. would NS be so kind..? i love that quote.
Happy to oblige:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (My favourite colour is Blue despite what one of the mods will have you believe :wink: )

I would also suggest some of you might cut GWHL just a little slack. Yes, machine and software errors are annoying and, Yes, you can sometimes jump through too many hoops to get back money that you are owed, and sometimes do not get it back at all, but I have been out and about a lot recently and all I can say is that without GWHL and their attempts to offer interesting new games, anyone who plays quiz machines for anything other than entertainment and the occasional free pint might as well pack up and go home, so to speak:

Ind:es - after seeing a few more I would now say that the current release is indeed the worst line-up I have ever seen in the multigame era

ItBoxes/Gamesnets - just a dismal selection all round

Opens (i.e. all the new Fat Spanner games) - two just about passable straight Q&A games but otherwise a mixture of rip-offs of other games and some utterly laughable efforts - Hex Mex ("You are playing for a top prize of ... A FREE GAME"), The Road to 1966 (or whatever it's called), Great Escape 3, ...

Bell-Fruit Games - every recent game has to my eyes been a stinker, the odd friendly game on John Parrott failing to disguise what a missed opportunity that was.

By all means chase up errors, both with pubs and with GWHL themselves, as that is the only way things will ever get fixed. But give me an occasionally unreliable game/machine that is actually worth playing over a functionally reliable but worthless piece of dross every time.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

all I can say is that without GWHL and their attempts to offer interesting new games, anyone who plays quiz machines for anything other than entertainment and the occasional free pint might as well pack up and go home
Without wanting to appear to be cow-towing (is that the phrase, it sounds right anyway!) I have to agree...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Close. Kow-towing.

Post by Guest »

All probably true. But it doesn't make it any less sickening when you have money stolen from you, particularly if you don't win very often.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ah, I will relent from bovine-hoisting... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Can't say I'm in this 'We all love Paragon Club' that some of you seem to have founded on here. The games are average at best with a couple of interesting ideas badly executed.

Games Warehouse only appear to succeed because their competition is so unbelievably poor. I really must pay more attention to this site - it would be beneficial for my financial health as a I watched open mouthed last night as I played a game of Hex Mex and got to the end with it's 'Top Prize' of a Free Game. What's worse is that it wasn't even a free game of something else - it forced me straight back into another game of Hex Mex so I got stuck in some sort of Hex Mex vortex from which it was impossible to escape. I had to leave the pub mid game in the end to escape from its gravitational pull.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

QuizMaster wrote:'Top Prize' of a Free Game. What's worse is that it wasn't even a free game of something else - it forced me straight back into another game of Hex Mex
Indeed. I can imagine the scene when they designed that game. A brain-storming session -

Session Leader: "Can anyone suggest the worst element of gameplay that they have ever seen in a quiz game?"

Voice pipes up from the back: "Well, there was that original Blockbusters game where the Jackpot was ... a free game of Blockbusters! That was pretty bad."

SL: "Brilliant - that's the winning suggestion right there!"

Voice: "What do I win?"

SL: "The chance to design our new Mexican-themed game. Step this way..."

:roll:
Dr Paragon

Post by Dr Paragon »

If you repeat all three meals again, you can win another free game....

Don't all rush to play it at once...
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

Istenem wrote:Match of the day road to glory often doubles your prize when you don't deserve it.
In my experience the game justs adds a pound. ie win 1 get 2, win 2 get 3, win 5 get 6.

Should this info not be kept quiet though Mods?
I mean, Bloody Hell, i bet this bug gets sorted out quickly whilst others stay 'technically difficult'

excuse the grammar!
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Nil Satis wrote:Ind:es - after seeing a few more I would now say that the current release is indeed the worst line-up I have ever seen in the multigame era
Bloody hell - I didn't expect this title to go quite so quickly, but it has done - spotted in Preston on Saturday, a new KUDOS 'Famous Five' edition, which contains the following:

- Monopoly Hot Property (and it's the particularly crap 50p version, not the slightly less crap £1 version)
- The Colour of Money
- Pub Quiz
- Bullseye - the Darts Only version
- Ultimate Spot the Difference

and ... er ... that's it. It may be just a test site - I did see a KUDOS in Derby that had only five games (repeated several times) on the back screen - but things must have reached a particularly desperate state for them to resort to this even as a trial.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Nil Satis wrote:
Nil Satis wrote:Ind:es - after seeing a few more I would now say that the current release is indeed the worst line-up I have ever seen in the multigame era
Bloody hell - I didn't expect this title to go quite so quickly, but it has done - spotted in Preston on Saturday, a new KUDOS 'Famous Five' edition, which contains the following:

- Monopoly Hot Property (and it's the particularly crap 50p version, not the slightly less crap £1 version)
- The Colour of Money
- Pub Quiz
- Bullseye - the Darts Only version
- Ultimate Spot the Difference

and ... er ... that's it. It may be just a test site - I did see a KUDOS in Derby that had only five games (repeated several times) on the back screen - but things must have reached a particularly desperate state for them to resort to this even as a trial.
If it's the Famous Five I would imagine that Bullseye is the dog then
cool

Post by cool »

new paragon error. twice today differing units put money in , money did not register and was not rejected.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

maybe they're trying to raise whiteswan's compy.
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

cool wrote:new paragon error. twice today differing units put money in , money did not register and was not rejected.

Haven't seen any sign of this, though I have seen more than a few bob coming out.
Cf

Post by Cf »

Did have a fun machine a few months back. Think it was a dice. You put your pound in and it spat it straight back out but still registered the credit.

That one didn't last long :(