Can't find the old WU thread, so I'll just make a new one

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
JG

Post by JG »

After floating into a bowling alley and not finding any unchipped Superpots or £5 dials I approached an Itbox. I was amazed at the games on offer. Gone are the days of yestermonth where one had to answer 'questions' in order to progress to rounds of more 'questions'.

Now that's the second time I've had kings and they've all just folded to me. Anyway.

What to choose? Wobbly words? Candy blox? Crazy cakes? Blancmange Attax? Foto Fix? Pony Trails?

I thought I was in Mr. Wonka's Office and had gained special access to all his latest ideas. All I wanted were some bloody questions.

Or did I?

I ummed and ahhhed for a bit. Why? Well because in 27 pages of drivel, there is room to uuuhm and haha almost endlessly.

Bloomin' short stack raising to 10 times the big blind. Always does it when I've got 3 6.

In the end I chose a game called Wobbly jelly or words to that effect. Now the idea of this game is that a big block, a jelly block of hexaganal, or some sort of teselating shaped tile things made of jelly offer a grid, a battlefield if you like of word assembly. It is here that the action begins and the doubters can cast aspersions on the pureness of the drivel contained herein thereof forthwith.

There are also jelly men with multipliers that happen when different coloured blocks of jelly appear underneath the jelly that is already there. Also worthy of note is that practically any combination of anything is acceptable. Words such as mua, oog, fid and goomah are probably acceptable so as not to offend anyone from those tribes.

You just stab away and enjoy the cutesy graphics and sound package. The £1 is located twenty six yards to the right in the gentleman's toilet. You need to spell out a few words to get there, it's fair to say. Maybe the jelly Bassett baby men have something to do with it.

It's obviously a pale imitatation of WORD UP as it has not been mentioned ever on these here forums.

I played it twice, a mistake so fooolish that many would view it as two times too many. Annoyed at the lack of any questions apart from Continue YES NO? I exited and found something called Quiz Martians. Surely there must be questions on this game? It has 'quiz' in the title.

Indeed there were questions. It's the old Quizvaders revamp. Blast those space ships but be quick or else they'll fire questions at you!
Well I got to the first target and was awarded 50/50. I got to the next target and was awarded bonus points toward getting the next target. It was then that I felt a sense of doom and gnawing disatisfaction in that I would not be getting any money. Who knows what was at 2450 points? A quid, a luxury car? an extra try again?

Anyway after I was exploded because I didn't know how many letters in the 'Eltruscan' alphabet I had to construct a series of letters bearing resemblance to a name. I couldn't see the quid anywhere in sight, but typed in George and won nothing.

And that, was enough of the Itbox for this issue (gaps everywhere) anyhow.

My longest word on jelly blobs was 'JUSTICE' and my highest score was '39'.

As a substitute for Word Up, it is too complex, too jelly like and just not as good.
JG
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

The £1 is located twenty six yards to the right in the gentleman's toilet.
:lol:

I await to see some of these ideas actually employed by one of the developers...! :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

it must have been quite happy to be that close.

i've wasted a few quid playing this on units where soup has been annoyingly missing and have never got anywhere near completing the 26 mile warm-up stretch to the pound barrier.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:You all are a lot better at this game than me. Only time I've won a pound is if it's at 500, and then getting QUIRKS as the longest. How do you get nice long words and lots of points at this game? is it just practise at it?
Its easy.

6 years, 50 thousand man hours of practice, and 45,000 quid later and you too, might post a 1923 score at the local boozer, and completely ace the anonymous and annoying WORDSOUP ninja with his piddling 1800+ and mystifications (434), who swanned through trying to take YOUR turf, but not even having the good grace to leave a clue as to his id.

And win £3 in the process

You get me Captain?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

DISCOUNTER
INTRODUCES
REDUCTIONS
nobody ever wins on those things.
jonesey

Post by jonesey »

INCONSEQUENTIALITY (828 points) - think this claims title of highest scoring word that has actually been used meaningfully in English rather than just as a token for word games - not that it matters.

Planning a day out on Monday where I will make (yet another) attempt at the plural...
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

TOXICOLOGICAL.
only 13/468
but a pleasing CVCVCVCVCVCVC formation cf goran ivanisevic.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Istenem wrote:TOXICOLOGICAL.
only 13/468
but a pleasing CVCVCVCVCVCVC formation cf goran ivanisevic.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
floccinauCINIHILIPILIFICATIon
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

CONGREGATIONALISM not allowed :(
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

jonesey wrote:INCONSEQUENTIALITY (828 points) - think this claims title of highest scoring word that has actually been used meaningfully in English rather than just as a token for word games - not that it matters.

Planning a day out on Monday where I will make (yet another) attempt at the plural...
CONSEQUENTIALITIES has been done too... just looking to put them together now for the magic 20.
messiah

Post by messiah »

fotherz wrote:
jonesey wrote:INCONSEQUENTIALITY (828 points) - think this claims title of highest scoring word that has actually been used meaningfully in English rather than just as a token for word games - not that it matters.

CONSEQUENTIALITIES has been done too... just looking to put them together now for the magic 20.
Shame you bottled it when you had the chance....

Nice to see some familiar names on the forum :-)
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

welcome to the board Messiah, i've noticed you around, i find you very attractive, would you um...

i know you have played with VB on occasion but have also noticed some top-quality solo efforts as well.
messiah

Post by messiah »

Istenem wrote:
i know you have played with VB on occasion but have also noticed some top-quality solo efforts as well.
And many bottom-quality ones....
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Fuck me another one has come out of the woodwork....
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Istenem wrote:i know you have played with VB on occasion but have also noticed some top-quality solo efforts as well.
Yes, he got 1850 once. :lol: