battleships paragon

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
ming

battleships paragon

Post by ming »

ive had this twice now where you get to the cash round and then all the squares are revealed automatically at the start and you win £0 ... even comes up congratulations youve won £0. (not sure if it was because i was tapping the screen to hurry things up)
anyone else had this?
still a good game though also have had back to back cash rounds a couple of times.
grecian

Re: battleships paragon

Post by grecian »

ming wrote:ive had this twice now where you get to the cash round and then all the squares are revealed automatically at the start and you win £0 ... even comes up congratulations youve won £0. (not sure if it was because i was tapping the screen to hurry things up)
anyone else had this?
still a good game though also have had back to back cash rounds a couple of times.
I've not seen that but haven't played it that much. Is it its "protector" mode when a good player beats the spoilers and gets through to the endgame? Seems pretty unreasonable if so.
Nil Satis

Re: battleships paragon

Post by Nil Satis »

grecian wrote:Seems pretty unreasonable if so.
Especially when winning anything more than a couple of quid is a cause for celebration anyway!
ming

Post by ming »

its done it when in normal mode i think as one of the times i got to the cash round again off the next credit and its been ok.
i get regular £4/£5 on this when giving the good bonuses and ships etc
and one win of £10+
Barry Trotter

Barred for winning out of Battleships

Post by Barry Trotter »

Played this in the local Harvester...
Answered two questions then got sonar... found two of the four ships i needed with it. Next square got a torpedo. Next square hit a sonar again. Found another ship with the sonar. Then found the last ship with the torpedo which was charged by now....

Cash round... got up to £2.90, got lifeboat, got x2 then another 90p then a lifeboat . Happy with the £6.90, i thought i'd see how far it would go before i bottled it. Got another 80p before hitting another x2 which took me to £15.20. Carried on - got another £1.90 then hit ANOTHER x2 - which took me to £34.20 (see photo).

At this point, i bottled it completely and collected the cash!

As i collected it, the barman (as its right opposite the bar) said "I've never seen anyone win more than a couple of quid out of that, so you must be doing something dodgy. Finish your drink and leave - you're not welcome here again..."

Why have a skill game in the pub if you're barring anyone who wins out of it!!??[/img]
Attachments
2010_02_08_194751_281.jpg
2010_02_08_194751_281.jpg (378.05 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Jesus H. Sebastian Key-riced! I remember when you would only just about get barred for having a punch-up with the barman. Now you just need to utilise your skill on a skill machine to get hoisted out. It's just getting ridiculous now... :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
grecian

Post by grecian »

Very nice Barry. My best on that is £12.50 in similar circumstances - I bottled on that and collected it, but it looks like I should have played on!
cool

Post by cool »

barry what harvester was it?
I got my revenge on a harvester in a very trivial way before xmas not quiz related.Waited ages to be served when a local jumped in and got served before me.My tea was disgusting so I delivered my revenge.
went to the toilets blocked it up with paper than emptied the contents of a curry the night before (unflushed and uncovered).
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

Harvester in Shirley (West Midlands), just off the M42 on my way through
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

grecian wrote:Very nice Barry. My best on that is £12.50 in similar circumstances - I bottled on that and collected it, but it looks like I should have played on!
Had it not been for the x2 at £17.10, i would have been very close to bottling it...
cool

Post by cool »

believe it must have been nr where I competed in my first and probably last national veterans relay race for Southampton.Due to my comparative poor running (and the guy following me) we dropped from 4th to 17th in the space of 2 legs! We were running in a massive countryside park just north of Birmingham.

You have got a first on me.I dont ever remember being barred from a Harvester(just about from every other chain though)

congratulations :lol:
JG

Post by JG »

Would you like me to pop over tomorrow and do a poo in there Barry? I have had curry for tea tonight.

PS If anyone else wants me to do a poo in a pub they have grievances with, just let me know. We'll talk prices regarding size and odour and take it from there.

Don't worry Barry, this poo's on me!!! NO charge for this poo, that is wrong that you got barred for playing legitimately. The joke is that a tooler would probably go in and get no heat, such is life.

Any good fruits in there atm??
JG
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

Only saw a Perfect Game... which i didn't get chance to bother with...

If possible, can you do a poo in the salad bar for me?
Or would that require payment, as opposed to the free one on offer?

I suppose i could supply my own poo, although its not curry laden tonight.
cool

Post by cool »

better do one on the toilet rim ,then when a customer comes comes rushing out of the toilet saying 'Ive just sat on a stool' reply you couldnt have there are only seats in there.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Istenem's second-tiredest gag coming up:

going to a gay bar and offering to push someone's stool in.
nobody ever wins on those things.