the quickest you got barred!

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

the quickest you got barred!

Post by cool »

less than 30minutes 1st visit pub in Portsmouth.landlord wanted to make me buy a drink for everybody in the pub and when I refused said he take me on for £20 at pool.I offered to buy him a drink to see if he was a hypocrite.He was . £3.10 and a pint of guinness later I was sent on my way.The fact I was fortunate in knowing somebody in the pub saved me from a repeat of the Bournemouth experience.

NEVER DOUBT THE WIZE WORDS OF QUIZMASTER-as I bumped into somebody who unprompted mentioned one of the dynamic duo from Birmingham ( Aston Martins) running into him in Minehead doing the machine over.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I got barred from a pub in a place called Market Harboro a few months back, i've not been in this pub for years and i'm certain he has'nt recognised me from anywhere else, i walked in and there was few people in there drinking, we ordered proper drinks and i was very careful not make any noise with my pound coins jangling in my pocket, we even sat down and chatted for 10 minutes so we're not making a bee line straight to the machine, then i made my move, got about 3 paces away from it and it was ''don't bother playing that lads, its broke and the engineer is on his way'' how on top can you get? I can only assume he's had several unknown faces in before and now employs a 'locals only' policy, this was an AWP for the record, all in all around 13 minutes (including a 10 minute chat :shock: )
Cobwebs 👆
extremeunction

Post by extremeunction »

What pub was that?
Scott

Post by Scott »

The Greene King one (can't think of the name) facing the Sugar Loaf, i've been barred from a few pubs in that town, not bothering there again!!!
Cobwebs 👆
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

kleeky hole
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Nil Satis

Re: the quickest you got barred!

Post by Nil Satis »

cool wrote:1st visit pub in Portsmouth
Which one? Portsmouth has its 'rough edges' to be sure but I've never had any bother when playing there.
Extreme Eddie wrote:I got barred from a pub in a place called Market Harboro a few months back
As for the Market Harborough story, isn't it possible that the machine was in fact broken and the engineer was in fact on his way? Otherwise how did the landlord know that you were pros before you had even started playing? He may have twigged you as strangers but that in itself doesn't mean anything - if every stranger in a pub was guaranteed to win on the fruit machine then we would all be doing it. Also did he then go on to bar you for arguing with what he said or did you just finish your drinks and leave? - disappointing certainly but not the same as being barred.

I don't deny that there are occasional problems with pubs at the rougher end of the scale but I do think a little realism wouldn't go amiss here.
chapman

Post by chapman »

:o ops:
cool

Post by cool »

from my evidence on your highscores you tend to head for the big or city centre pubs - try dropping a significant amount of money from the Shearer Arms Shearer Rd and you are likely to be sporting a couple of shiners on leaving and I dont mean shiny pound coins! The roughest pub in Portsmouth The Mother Shipton has lost its machine so I am sad but also relieved.
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

cool wrote:from my evidence on your highscores you tend to head for the big or city centre pubs - try dropping a significant amount of money from the Shearer Arms Shearer Rd and you are likely to be sporting a couple of shiners on leaving and I dont mean shiny pound coins!
That's not one I know and what you say is a fair comment - I do tend to stick to the larger/city centre pubs, mainly because of time constraints - they are easier to find and get between, and are also more likely to have a machine or two, although conversely the more out of the way places are likelier to have more interesting and/or older machines if they do have one.

However can anyone beat a pub I know in Preston which has four quiz machines at present - all different and all 'interesting' (i.e. not just the standard up-to-date ItBox or Paragon)?
cool wrote:The roughest pub in Portsmouth
Blimey - that is up against some pretty stiff competition! :wink:
foxy

Post by foxy »

Hmm, quickest banning?
well many moons ago i took the train to largs and wandered into the big amusement arcade on the seafront.proceeded to the old skool crystal maze and did my thing(didn't empty it).
moved on to a pool hall kind of place which had the same machine.the place was empty and went up to the bar.ordered a drink and the phone behind the bar rang.the barman said 'yes, yes there is....really...ok then'.
he proceeded to walk over to the machine and unplugged it and then served me my drink(nice touch).so it wasn't technically a banning but as good as.
anyway i thought that was tough until i took the ferry to millport, a wee island 20 mins away, home of about 8 machines back then. every single one of them had been unplugged.
turns out the guy in the amusement arcade supplied everyone locally and had phoned everywhere whilst i was on the ferry.
still, not everyone's been banned from an entire island i would imagine!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Yes Nil the machine could have indeed been broke but i very much doubt it, he had a bit of a face on when i walked in and a sort of 6th sense told me i was a million to play it, i'd take being told i can't play it before a single coin went in every time (although its still a right ball ache) its when you're £30+ in and they come it that f*cks me right off!!!! :x :x :x :x

My story is'nt technically a barring but its as good as in my view, we were never sent on our way but i just know if i went back it would be a similar outcome.
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Extreme Eddie wrote:I got barred from a pub in a place called Market Harboro a few months back, i've not been in this pub for years and i'm certain he has'nt recognised me from anywhere else, i walked in and there was few people in there drinking, we ordered proper drinks and i was very careful not make any noise with my pound coins jangling in my pocket, we even sat down and chatted for 10 minutes so we're not making a bee line straight to the machine, then i made my move, got about 3 paces away from it and it was ''don't bother playing that lads, its broke and the engineer is on his way'' how on top can you get? I can only assume he's had several unknown faces in before and now employs a 'locals only' policy, this was an AWP for the record, all in all around 13 minutes (including a 10 minute chat :shock: )
That's pretty good, I thought I was the only person who got barred being close to without putting a coin in a machine...

This is for a fruit in Kent, first time I found it, casual player was on it so I finished my drink and gave up waiting. Next time I sent my gf in, she made £80 on it. Next time I went in with her, she did it again and I didn't even stand near the machine. Then finally I go on my own, put a pound in and the guy barred me. It's getting ridiculous how on top it is...
Bored of the grind.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Extreme Eddie wrote:The Greene King one (can't think of the name) facing the Sugar Loaf, i've been barred from a few pubs in that town, not bothering there again!!!

Cant think of the Sugar Loaf...

Nags Head, Red Cow, Blue Bell?

That town is permanent fire though. I've always been getting barred around there myself over the years.

Inbred twats ... lol
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
Scott

Post by Scott »

The Sugar Loaf is the Spoons ain't it Mark? unless i'm wrong? Did you bother with the Cludoe in the Everards boozer in Fleckney? got 2 hits before she took the hump.

And 2 further hits with a mate while i waited on the car park :P
Cobwebs 👆