egggate story continues..........

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
foxy

Post by foxy »

Christ I'm feeling a bit of pressure now! :D
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

I'd be surprised if the best quiz players on here would actually turn up even if accepted under the FruitMachines banner, simply because it might make emptying quizzers more difficult once they have been identified on telly (although disguises are an option :) ).

I can imagine pub landlords/staff watching the show and shrieking "He was in my pub last week, tell the rest of the staff (and possibly nearby pubs) that he's barred from now on" or something similar.

I hope the showdown does take place (it would be equivalent to the regualr pdc and bdo darts champions batles but in the tv quiz world) :!:
harry2

Post by harry2 »

You could all go with prosthetic masks as did Tony Curtis, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum and Frank Sinatra in The 1960's film The List Of Adrian Messenger.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Wasn't there an advert recently on TV whereby a group of top-nob 'pub quizzers' dressed up as a bunch of old women, but were 'found out'? I can't recall what it was advertising - might have been 'quiz season' on Challenge, or something...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Was it not to advertise Channel 4's 'wealth of knowledge' or something? It was Tony Robinson from Time Team, the guy from C4 News, Gryff Rhys Jones and others.

They're going to get some answers wrong so as not to arouse suspicion but can't bring themselves to do it.