BigEd

Post by BigEd »

ming wrote:i havent seen anything under 21500 and ive seen about 500 games
Taking Quiz Masters 20 minutes per game

500 * 20 = 10000 minutes
= ( 10000 / 60 ) hours
= (167 hours / 24 ) days
= 7 days

So you have played this thing for seven days solid. Assuming that you need to eat, sleep, and visit the toilet, 12 hours per day playing this would be a massive ask of anyone.

That would now equate two weeks playing this game, and not having any real life. As it has only been around for about a month, that means that you have spent 1/2 of your waking time playing this.

Are you unemployed, employed to test this game, lying, or a sucker for punishment?

Or is Quiz Master and others exagerating about how long this game takes to play?

Even I found this game very, very, very, very, long to play, and I have never qualified.
Oh, I'm so scared.
foxy

Post by foxy »

QM and others are certainly NOT exagerating about the time needed to play this. I would need to take a week off work to give this a reasonable workout i would reckon!
ming

Post by ming »

not every game takes 20mins sometimes i crap out after 5 mins maybe sooner if i get a harsh target on an event as there are no buttons on any around me.
now i leave it alone as i have others to concentrate on.
i am not lying and it makes me laugh how people jump on your back as soon as soon as you try and write something.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

ming wrote:not every game takes 20mins sometimes i crap out after 5 mins maybe sooner if i get a harsh target on an event as there are no buttons on any around me.
now i leave it alone as i have others to concentrate on.
i am not lying and it makes me laugh how people jump on your back as soon as soon as you try and write something.
I'm not saying your lying or trying to jump on your back, but how could you play 500 games of this?
More important is why you would play 500 games of this?

a) There can't be any money in it to win.
b) It takes ages to play - I've crapped out after 5 minutes also. I've also done 30 minutes+ and not qualified, and I play for fun.
c) You now leave it alone, but some how you have found time to play 500 games of this.
d) I gave up after only a few games as I found I was going grey and losing my eye sight.
Oh, I'm so scared.
ming

Post by ming »

i own a paragon v5
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

:lol: nice!
quizard

Post by quizard »

ming wrote:i own a paragon v5
Nice. How much did that cost?
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
K_Oranj

Post by K_Oranj »

ming, is the Paragon a 10,000-game dongle or a £400 per year subscription?
ming

Post by ming »

it cost just over 2000 and the i thought the dongle was a 13500 plays one but it must be more than that as i have nearly 13000 left so maybe they increased it to 15000 or more unless i was mistaken and the dongle meant £13500 plays not 13500 plays which is different.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Has anyone else now come to same conclusion as me re this one? - namely that we are now looking at quite possibly the worst Q&A game* of all time, right down there with Treasure Island and any of the other 'favourites' you can mention. It seems to have been built on the simple premise that 'a long game = good value' and ignores the fact that after ploughing through 10-15 minutes of unexciting questions to then be presented with an extremely tricky end game where even decent players may not make it to the first sub-£2 prize offer makes it a 24 carat shocker.

* some of you may be enjoying the skill games but I don't play them on account of being that word that grecian mentioned at the time we first saw this game but which now escapes me.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

No, the worst Q & A game of all time has many more candidates:

Topple Towers
The Cash Machine
Spend it Like....?
When the Chips Are Down
The Great Escape

I have extensive files.........
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Good shot, sir! :D Spend It Like ... has to be there I agree and we do now have Great Escape 2 to consider on the nominations list. My own personal 'favourite' is the Snakes and Ladders game that involves collecting bananas - one of those games that makes you want to slap yourself for ever being foolish enough to waste another 50p just to see if it can really have been as bad as you remember!
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

QuizMaster wrote:No, the worst Q & A game of all time has many more candidates:

Topple Towers
The Cash Machine
Spend it Like....?
When the Chips Are Down
The Great Escape

I have extensive files.........

WHS :D
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Nothing can be as bad as 'I'ts a Knockout' and 'Nine lives'

Now they take some beating...
Oh, I'm so scared.
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

I was going to declare "Spend it Like....?" as the game that has taken most money from me without giving up a bean, but I think I might have won a pound once, or at least got close (i.e. one question away).

Then Nil mentions the snakes and ladders bananas game and I think it wins hands down. Of the others mentioned, I think I am actually in profit from Treasure Island and Nine Lives, the former thanks to a few tenners when it first came out.

Can we get back on topic and discuss the bug in the endgame of Track and Field? Surely someone has made it to the gold medal level (e.g. someone who owns their own Paragon and has played over 500 games) - anyone?