Spoiler question...

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Cf

Post by Cf »

I like spoiler questions, especially when you get them early. It's a nice clear sign that the game is in a bad mood and you probably shouldn't feed it anymore money.
Properpro

Re: Spoiler question...

Post by Properpro »

Tea-stain wrote:Could not beleive the spoiler question i got the other day...
Q:what is Kevin Keegan's star sign?
I have a good general knowledge but questions like this cannot even be educatedly guessed.
Like my Murphy's....i'm slightly bitter...... :-(
Of course spoilers have always been a bone of contention, but this is a strange example. Kevin Keegan was born on Valentine's Day, this has been constantly asserted on virtually every question bank since quiz machines were first introduced. There are many other examples of 'impossible' questions that appear time and time again, keep playing and a lot of spoilers just become prize fodder. :wink:
QuizMaster

Re: Spoiler question...

Post by QuizMaster »

Properpro wrote: Of course spoilers have always been a bone of contention, but this is a strange example. Kevin Keegan was born on Valentine's Day, this has been constantly asserted on virtually every question bank since quiz machines were first introduced. There are many other examples of 'impossible' questions that appear time and time again, keep playing and a lot of spoilers just become prize fodder. :wink:
Too true. Amazing how unspoilerific and easy they become a few repetitions.
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

The easiest way to get past most of the 'what star sign are ...?', is firstly find out which celebs/sports stars etc are the same as you. And the one I always do, is look in the back of any Sunday supplement where the horoscope resides and just see whose picture is there, its surprising how easy it sinks in. Thank the lord for 'spoiler' questions!!!
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Having looked through some of the question sets 'files' that these games use, they seem to use the following groupings:

-Easy
-Medium
-Hard
-Lockout

Sadly, I can't work out how they've encrypted the questions, so cannot actually view anything meaningful within the contents.

It does appear then, that the technical term for a 'Spoiler' question is actually a 'Lockout'... ;)

Interesting how they determine what question is easy / hard, though - they're all easy if you know the answer! I guess it comes down to the 'commoness' of the question, etc.?
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Matt Vinyl wrote:Having looked through some of the question sets 'files' that these games use, they seem to use the f

Interesting how they determine what question is easy / hard, though - they're all easy if you know the answer! I guess it comes down to the 'commoness' of the question, etc.?
never mind all that...who's the lassie in your avatar? She pretty! But I can't quite place her... :o ops:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh! She is indeed! A little-known (apparently, how?!) singer: Kirsty Hawkshaw

I love her collaborations with Delerium (NOT the trance remixes!!!) ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

She's also done tracks with drum and bass producers.