TV Appearance

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Istenem wrote:well done Fotherz, does the pledge for pints extend to fruitchat?
Yes.

Particularly to quizard for the prompt Youtubage (how did you do that?).
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Nice work fothers (just finished the 10 minute youtube clip). Enjoy spending the winnings Thailand or elsewhere, you earned it.

Looked a bit dicey against the glases guy in last round before safecracker endgame. Thought he was going to do you but in last 20-30 seconds he started getting a few answers wrong.

Would have gone the same way you did for the combination, even if it hadn't worked.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

good that.. well done youth

shoulda told her live on tv what you were gonna spend the money on in thiland tho

ely??? what the fuck tho? not exactly a city is it???
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Well it is a city as it has a cathedral......though the place itself isn't very big (was there myself on money making business only monday as it's only 15 miles up the road :wink :) , still a pretty hard one to get though. I didn't get it either.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
grecian

Post by grecian »

Very good work Fotherz. I've only watched the YouTube clip but it looks like you played very well - I thought you reached your tally of 30 in very workmanlike fashion, and in the endgame you were pretty tremendous - HORSERADISH was a great spot and I doubt many would have beaten you to that. ELY was definitely the toughest of the six; whilst it is a City by virtue of its (amazing) cathedral, it's hardly a well-known city. Good guesswork at the end - fortune favours the brave, on telly as on SWP. Second the remarks about your youthful looks as well!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Well it is a city as it has a cathedral
I may be wrong, but have I not heard a QI buzzer when this has been given as an answer as to what constitutes a city? ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

You are right Matt. It's actually a status conferred by charter or royal decree.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Re: looks, it is part reality, part make-up. I am 25.

Grecian - you're right - the head-to-head was probably my worst period on the show, and definitely the worst I've ever done on that game. Still I think 34 is the best ever score at that stage, so 30 was unlikely to lose.

I will never forgive Ely (population 15,000) for that.
extremeunction

Post by extremeunction »

Hate to say it but I did get the Ely question....

....But on the other hand alot of the other stuff you got within seconds I probably wouldn't have got... let alone in the time you did!

Well done mate :D .... Was an interesting twist watching and knowing you were from the boards.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Well done Fotherz
fotherz wrote:but then couldn't get ELY even if I'd been there all day. Did anyone get it??
In the very, very, very dark recesses of my mind is the name of a place called "Eeelaie", but not a place called "Elay" or what ever she called it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ely

I had to watch that over again to understand what you were looking for, and even knowing the answer I thought the question was somewhat harsh.

Top man, and well done. Also the jumper was not that bad.
Oh, I'm so scared.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

aside from a solid performance, i'll applaud the openness.

wizened old pros are behind a mask, Fotherz demystifies a genuine skill.
nobody ever wins on those things.
cool

Post by cool »

£2,750

that should be enough to get quizmasters attention.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I suspect he'll tell us that he wouldn't get out of bed for any less...

:wink:
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Belated congrats Fothers. Also a big thank you to Quizard for putting the video on - I'm hoping to get on this show, but hadn't actually seen any of it until now.
grecian

Post by grecian »

ggdr wrote:I'm hoping to get on this show, but hadn't actually seen any of it until now.
Yes, Fotherz inspired me to download an application form and fill it in too, although still looking for a recent photo to send with it!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

have to admit that i'm tempted to enhance my own modest TV quizzing CV too. wouldn't mind a holiday in thailand on jenni falconer (fnarr)

let's have a fruitchat carve-up.
nobody ever wins on those things.