Glasgow pub quizzes

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I know. I have been shamed into entering the quiz properly and have just sent foxy my answers. I suggest we now stop putting the answers on here and all have a go if we haven't already - it doesn't take very long.

Bloody hell - just realised this is actually my 1000th post and I've managed to avoid moaning! What is the world coming to eh? :wink:
foxy

Post by foxy »

I'm quite happy to proceed either way. I think that's round 1 nailed anyway.Interesting to hear that most of you think it's pretty difficult, I'm actually quite glad bcs most quizzes I've been to are utter cack and I'm trying to aim at something which is hopefully challenging and thought-provoking without being utterly ridiculous.
Thanks for your continued interest.
Foxy
foxy

Post by foxy »

ok - that's 3 entries in so far - thanks grecian , nil satis and fotherz. I think I'll post answers on monday night as i know some folk only peruse this site whilst idling away the hours at work!!
foxy

Post by foxy »

ok i'm a lazy git! apologies to those who sent their answers - i will try and post the answers tonight but i have another quiz to write for tomorrow so it depends on how i'm getting on - any ideas always greatfully received :D .
anyway it would be nice if anyone can make it along and i would be delighted to go over a few things we discussed cardinal if your eminence can attend.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

give us some interesting Qs Foxy. glasgow might as well be HORNYTOWN for me in London but we all enjoy a proper quiz...
nobody ever wins on those things.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

foxy wrote:ok i'm a lazy git! apologies to those who sent their answers - i will try and post the answers tonight
Come on young man, the tension's killing us...

:wink:
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Drums fingers on desk, politely but firmly...

:roll:
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

apparently it is impossible to drum your fingers the wrong way. (i.e. from peter pointer to baby small). also your spazzy hand is better at it than your good hand.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I just had to check of course, and on a 100% sample based on me I'd say you were 50% correct - the part about doing it the 'wrong' way seems right but I am definitely more skilled in the drumming fingers department with my good (right) hand than with my left hand. I attribute this to many years playing quiz machines unidextrously (and if that's not a real word it bloomin' well should be!). In fact I can only play machines properly with one finger (the middle one) on one hand. There really ought to be a word for that too!

:)

Now, back to waiting for foxy's answers...
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

in which case you are an odd bird NS, on my right hand i can't get the order right without screwing up my forehead: it tends to be baby, ruby, peter, toby. but my left hand has got the strumming to a honed artform. they say everybody's good at something :D .
Nil Satis wrote:with one finger (the middle one) on one hand. There really ought to be a word for that too!
digitally comes quite close to the single finger functionality but it would need an exclusive±specifying prefix to make it uglier/more exact. but while we shoot the breeze, i agree: Foxy, come along champ.
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Istenem wrote:apparently it is impossible to drum your fingers the wrong way.
Weird - I find it very easy!!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

does it involve movement of the wrist or the brain?.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Speaking of Glasgow quizzes, I came across this the other day: http://www.dpquiz.co.uk/book/ . Is that the same "Dr Paul" who's been mentioned on here in the past? Looks a bit of a character!

Very quiet on here lately. I wonder if that's because we're all out making shedloads off the SWPs, or because there's been few very recent developments worth talking about? I suspect the latter (in my case, certainly)!
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Purple patch over for now. Back to the regular earners
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
grecian

Post by grecian »

QuizMaster wrote:Purple patch over for now. Back to the regular earners
Yes, QM, I think that's right. I've been returning to things like DOND recently - yes, they're boring, but I think that decent players have been playing them less and I've found a lot with targets well south of 50k and prizes north of £5. The old ones are the best ones (or something).

Some of the "regular earners" are less good though - Celebrity WWTBAM is pretty solidly mined out in central London, for instance, and FFQ has been INCA-ed pretty much everywhere - £3 is a rarity on that around here now.