Worst game ever on ITBox?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Worst game ever- WORD UP. It gives people like me the illusion if they were just a bit better at scrabble or tried a bit harder they would reach that might quid without having to know the capital of Turkmenistan etc. But the truth is repetitively, evilly different. HI SCORES SCHMI- SCORES! I Just want the dosh.

And you can't play it properly when you're hammered.

And its full of racist words.

And ZEN isnt recognised.

Im trying to be controversial

Post by Guest »

ZAX wrote:Worst game ever- WORD UP. It gives people like me the illusion if they were just a bit better at scrabble they would reach that might quid
Scrabble skill's no guarantee - we've had the top-rated British Scrabble player along a few times and he's still complete bobbins. 8)
ZAX wrote:And you can't play it properly when you're hammered.
I have the same problem with Spot The Difference.

I don't like Hex Appeal - it's so tedious and it takes ages to get to the quid (with no hope of getting more than £2).
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

I love Hex Appeal, if you learn the answers, it can become such easy profit.
Unbelievable Jeff
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

crosbyrules wrote:I love Hex Appeal, if you learn the answers, it can become such easy profit.
But how many games do you need to play to 'learn all the answers' and how much can you then realistically win per game, given that it will always in the end (I assume) give you an impossible category such as 'Words' or 'Pot Luck'? - I've never got that far on Hex Appeal but have seen this happen on both Football Crazy and Stand and Deliver.

Don't let me discourage you from playing the game if you enjoy it but I'd be surprised if you are winning more than the legal minimum wage (if that) from the game.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

I don't play SWP's for profit. Ushually do it if i'm in a pub and the fruity isn't ready but I have a drink. I reckon about 90% of the time I get my money back, or get 2 quid from 1.
Unbelievable Jeff
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Just to add..a pound profit is good profit for me :D
Unbelievable Jeff
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

All right, I'll let you off, I was just worried that there was some huge untapped pot of gold hidden in Hex Appeal which I hadn't heard about...

:wink: