£50 poker game`

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
jesz

£50 poker game`

Post by jesz »

hello does anybody know the cheat for the £50 poker game on one of the quiz machines? not sure what the full name is, but it shows you all the cards on the screen first and then you stop it for one of your cards. you take a photo of this on your phone, check all the way until you see the computers cards, they will be two cards next to each other somewhere on the photo you took, then his next two cards will be the ones next to it etc? anyone heard of this one?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Indeed. It has been discussed many times.

Although similarly, the new Blackjack game does the same thing. Shows you the order of 4-6 decks then deals cards sequentially.

Now all you would need is a video camera hooked up to a laptop with some sort of image recognition program - not to mention an extremely unobservant landlord - and you could be in the money.
quizard

Post by quizard »

Well it's sort of a psudo cheat. It uses the same sort of psychology that makers have succesfully used on fruits for years.

I think this game was designed with camera phones very much in mind.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
jesz

Post by jesz »

hmm so how does it work then? when ever the screen comes up with the new cards do you need to take a photo of it on your phone?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Yeah but you only win what it lets you
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

I very occasionally play this to pass some time, for entertainment only. I can't be bothered with the camera thing, which is tantamount to cheating (the equivalent of learning stupid two letter words in Scrabble or going to the trouble of actively learning spoilers), but I expect the game to play reasonably fairly (which the "true skill" implies)......

The last time I played, my opponent raised pre-flop. I go all in with AK and get called. Anyone want to guess:

a) What the opponent's two cards were?
b) What the flop was?
jesz

Post by jesz »

pair of A'S OR K'S
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

David Healy wrote:I can't be bothered with the camera thing, which is tantamount to cheating (the equivalent of learning stupid two letter words in Scrabble or going to the trouble of actively learning spoilers)
i'd tend to agree with you DH but it won't make either of us popular. i was thinking earlier that i am more interested in why? and how? than who? and what?

also i was forced to go ice skating a while ago. my lutzes were more like klutzes and, the less said about my malco salchows the better. but i was entranced by a girl who was doing all this crazy crap really well. any perfect skill is impressive.
nobody ever wins on those things.
JG

Post by JG »

I would say that a night ice skating with only minor bruising to show is tantamount to a certain skill level and deserves moderate praise.

Congratulations if that were (should that be was? I get scared when I reply to you as I feel an eminating pedantry dissecting my postulings, I mean postings) the case. If you broke an angle or drew blood, well no congratulations.
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

jesz wrote:pair of A'S OR K'S

Not even close.

Anyone else want to have a guess?
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Propably because someone has got like a score out of it or summin so its got to get it percentage back
civ77

Post by civ77 »

I'll guess at it having 2 7 off suit, and I'll wager there were 2s and 7s in the flop.

I had similar situations myself, which totally put me off playing. It's not unfair that my pocket aces or whatever were beaten by stupidly low pocket cards of my opponent (that's poker), but the fact that it will consistantly call an all in bet with rubbish and on the flip side will often fold strong hands where the community cards would not have benefitted it.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

8 clubs 4 diamonds!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

civ77 wrote:I'll guess at it having 2 7 off suit, and I'll wager there were 2s and 7s in the flop.
You've obviously played this before - 2 7 off suit is correct, with two 2's in the flop.

I accept that the game has to protect itself, but to do so in this fashion can only put people off playing and makes a mockery of the "true skill" implication.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I'm glad someone understood civ77's post - reading that made me feel like a granddad trying to decipher a text message from a 13 year-old ...

:)

Signed,

Non-Grumpy Old Man