Word Wise

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

New high score: 1338, Walkabout, Reading.
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

This is probably old news but has anyone noticed this game's cameo appearance on Pints Win Prizes?
civ77

Post by civ77 »

Assuming that it appears in the category 'Rubbish SWP games', I was even more amused to see that 'Pints make prizes' is one of the answers in that category.
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

yes, it is witty and self-effacing that PMP cross-references itself. i like that game too.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

And kudos to you for it. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Dr Who planets, Pharoahs, Explosives and Nobel Prize Winners is minimal so I never perform well... still, I've always wondered if this game could be doable, since there are only a finite number of each.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

pharaohs and doctor who are gamebreakers imo, the only two planets i can remember are EARTH and BARCELONA. i can't be bothered with learning lists but no doubt it would be easy enough to do so if you wanted.

explosives are easy enough if they have 9+ letters and the prize winners are guessable.
nobody ever wins on those things.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Cardinal Sin wrote:And kudos to you for it. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Dr Who planets, Pharoahs, Explosives and Nobel Prize Winners is minimal so I never perform well... still, I've always wondered if this game could be doable, since there are only a finite number of each.
I've taken the tenner out of this once - and it was obviously in a good mood.

Recently I've noticed that as soon as you get to one pint away from a prize you get:

Planetary Satellites & Egyptian Pharohs & Explosives or the Bonus (the one that kills you).

Wouldnt be so bad but invariably they are for an empty pint glass, and if you get it, it fills it up by the tiniest amount.

Bring back I-Spy. One of the few machines this amateur can say he made a tidy sum on over its lifetime.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

This in the end is a muppets' game - I think that's the correct phrase - and an example of the sort of dross that used to be all that Paragons could offer. I have actually softened my attitude to Paragons slightly since the recent revamp but that is ONLY because they now include a few decent games that were already established on other cabinets. The games that exclusively appear on Paragons are almost all rubbish.

There, I feel better now! :)