What's the most you've ever taken out a machine?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
dmac

What's the most you've ever taken out a machine?

Post by dmac »

xyz
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Used to take the lot in the old days of stand alone machines.

It's never a good idea to take more than £50 out of an itbox.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

No. The clocks have a habit of striking thirteen when you do.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
grecian

Re: What's the most you've ever taken out a machine?

Post by grecian »

dmac wrote:Blatant & shameless boasting but I took 65 quid profit out an itbox last night

JPed both FFQ and WU, took free money from Puzzler, DMACed all the hangman games and got to the end games of Goldenballs and 1 v 100 among others. very central location but noone from here had been there (well, not for a while)

i have no doubt that PP, QM etc. empty hoppers regularly but this was a good one for me :P
Very good work DMAC. Did the machine pay you the lot? If so, I'm surprised: my experience is that they have adjusted the hoppers of ItBoxes so they generally don't hold more than £50 at a time (I think this was brought in at roughly the same time at Jiggy Bank: certainly it reduced pay-outs from that great game on more than one occasion - personally I think it's a scandal but that's a different matter).

My best-ever pay-out I think I've posted about before: c. £90 from an ItBox in central Oxford, playing in tandem with a pal. I think this was from an ItBox 55 where virtually every playable title on there paid out either JP or near-JP. Took about an hour, so not long either. I had a few GamesNet payouts of £70+ in the early days of Jiggy Bank, but a JB-assisted £70+ somehow doesn't seem so much of an achievement. If you manage to find an out-of-the-way ItBox 54 nowadays, there must be a chance of a £50+ payout.

But I've not had any payout on this scale in the last few months (that said, I've been too busy to allow me to move away from my tried - and spent - local cabinets), so real kudos for managing it on an extant ItBox.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I do quite good off quizzers
justice For The 96
quizard

Post by quizard »

anfield road wrote:I do quite good off quizzers
Yeah but you do it without answering any questions :roll:
foxy

Post by foxy »

which city were you in dmac (just so i can rest easy :wink: )?
civ77

Post by civ77 »

I've never managed close to that amount from a single unit on a single visit. I think my best has been managing to JP word soup and PMP on consecutive plays from my 1st pound in, managed to bolster the bank to £28 or so from abusing my run of luck on some of the Q based games whilst I finished off my nearly full first pint.

I'm sorely limited by my decidedly average GK so I seldom have more than 2 'banker' games at any time on a particular unit. Best haul from a days crawl, now that's a different matter :wink:
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

In the happy days of Dr Fox I had to choose when to stop winning as given enough time I could have emptied any machine. Fatigue and boredom were factors but I also took the longer term view and judged that emptying a machine would be bad news as the machine could easily have been removed on my next visit. Nil Confucius say Better to drink many times from the same well!

The only exception I made to this was the Temple Walkabout which was such an unpleasant place to visit and which I would only be around to get to about once every 4 weeks. Three figures was my usual target there.

Which prompts another question for a new thread...