Wetherspoons/Police Issues

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
sir ratholer

Wetherspoons/Police Issues

Post by sir ratholer »

Ok, so I go into a spoons last night (south east location) and I recognise the manager, he used to work at Tonbridge - my local spoons. Now ob and I'm sure several others will verify that Tonbridge spoons had a connect 4 unchipped for like 6 months and I used to do it daily, usually for doors as it was getting floated for £30 each day most days.

Anyway, he tells me he won't serve me as I've scammed/strimmed/frauded whatever his machines in Tonbridge and I'm barred from every spoons - which is funny seeing as they are fine with me in Tonbridge and every other spoons. I'm not too bothered about being barred, it happens.

But then he proceeded to tell me he has circulated my description round all spoons and that Tonbridge police are looking for me, and apparently they have my description too. Obviously I'm not too happy about that as I've never done anything illegal regarding machines.

Not only was he slandering me in a public place, but if he's telling the truth about the police being involved, then I need to stop this happening...question is, do I approach the police myself a la Lee and attempt to clear my name? Or do I just carry on doing my rounds as usual and if I get stopped, I deal with it if it happens??
Bored of the grind.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Well mate you have a few options there. If you have genuinely not done anything illegal then I would contact both the area manager for wetherspoons and also the police. You need to speak to the area manager as what that bloke has done is both unprofessional and also has legal implications.

They have every right to ask you to leave and barr you for any reason what-so-ever. But they don't have the right to intimidate you or threaten you in any way.

They need to realise that it's not acceptable and if they don't want you there then to just barr you from the premisis.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Somebody who i know has been charged with theft from a fruit machine by manipulation of the computer programme under a 1974 act or summat!So if this sticks emptiers are classed as theft so just wondered where everyone stood now?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

u pay peanuts u get monkeys
i got more routes than loreal
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

betchrider wrote:Somebody who i know has been charged with theft from a fruit machine by manipulation of the computer programme under a 1974 act or summat!So if this sticks emptiers are classed as theft so just wondered where everyone stood now?
How could they prove it wasn't just a legitimate win?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

bigv038 wrote:
betchrider wrote:Somebody who i know has been charged with theft from a fruit machine by manipulation of the computer programme under a 1974 act or summat!So if this sticks emptiers are classed as theft so just wondered where everyone stood now?
and how can they admit there are programs that can be manipulated out there on the market.... hmmm...
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Yeah surely that must be near on impossible to prove
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

3 spoons have disabled the noteys on the fruits in the last 2 days near me.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

get on with it, though shit it happens in this game mate!
justice For The 96
silent g

Post by silent g »

try not to get caught with a refill key

try not to get caught with much over £140 coins (you can blag 140 as jp repeat)

try not to let police get to your car as if theres more coins ur fucked and they can put a marker on it anyway to get u pulled everytime ur seen.
so if they say "wheres you car" you say its at home!

that should keep you out of bother

if you do see police come in the pub cheex you refill and car key quick time!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Spyder wrote:
bigv038 wrote:
and how can they admit there are programs that can be manipulated out there on the market.... hmmm...
being charged with something does not mean that you are guilty of it - usually police use the tactic of charging you with something as a delay tactic whilst they try to find something that will stick.

As much as companies would like to have their incompetence being taken advantage of classified as illegal, it is not currently, and neither will it ever be.

This one would be so easy to defend you could represent yourself and get off.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

they will get nowhere wiv it u got nothin to worry about.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Contact the area manager to make a complaint. You have been slandered, presumably on no basis whatsoever, by someone who hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

He probably hasn't notified the police, but you never know.

I had something very similar happen to me a few years ago, manager accused me of widespread machine fraud/manipulation on GamesNets within his chain and said my behaviour had been discussed by the area licensing board or some similar body.

Not sure if this is the best approach in such a situation, but I told him that if he wanted to keep making accusations, he should either put them in writing so that I could pass them onto my solicitor for further action, or he should shut up. Oddly, he shut up.
Nixxy

Re: Wetherspoons/Police Issues

Post by Nixxy »

sir ratholer wrote:Ok, so I go into a spoons last night (south east location) and I recognise the manager, he used to work at Tonbridge - my local spoons
This wouldn't happen to be our old friend from Oxted spoons, per chance?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

I wouldnt worry about it me and a m8 were in a spoons in belfast and we got 70 out of a mummy and it alarmed and the guy at the bar tried to blame me of strimming i just laffed it of then 5 mins later the cops arrive and search us in the middle of the bar and nothing came of it and they didnt bar me or nothing when i said i was ringing head office!