is the entertainment value going out of machines

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

has machine qualtity gone

yes
92%
no
8%

Total votes: 26

philips1985

is the entertainment value going out of machines

Post by philips1985 »

see month by much i have good runner go really bad

i had 4 good runners for me

only two now my 5 pound deal or no deal beat the banker and classic one

my other two good uns yabba dabba and lucky strike they have gone abousute crap i know five pounder but they took 40 pound between them not for one bloddy top on l yabba darts one on lucky strike

even my one red is dead as a dodo 90 persent of time

and i have about 20 deal or no deals and clones near me

the quailty has totaly gone around here sadly

i used to have a lot of runners but nothing in my eyes anymore
Scott

Post by Scott »

Can anyone translate? i understand the general question but your post makes little sense to me?

There has been little entertainment in AWP's for a while now, just hi lowing up the trail for mega streak is hardly entertaining, but i play for profit not entertainment.
Cobwebs 👆
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

mmmhmmm scott...agreed...the only entertainment I used to get was from donder boards...
Unbelievable Jeff
JG

Post by JG »

Am I right in thinking that you're saying the value has gone from your machines Phillips?

Happens to us all, runs that are good, turn bad. All depends on who is playing what and when.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Extreme Eddie wrote:Can anyone translate? i understand the general question but your post makes little sense to me?

There has been little entertainment in AWP's for a while now, just hi lowing up the trail for mega streak is hardly entertaining, but i play for profit not entertainment.
Bored of the grind.
philips1985

Post by philips1985 »

yes or being turned down
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Remember the days when arcades had punters in ?

Remember the days you had to wait to play some machines ?

Now I go home, fire up the emulator and play old school games. Today's machines minimal entertainment and inland arcades will surely close soon.
Roulette free since December 2011.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I lost interest around 6 months ago which coincides with my last proper 'day out' on the machines. These days I play my local Hot Stuff for kicks and free money.

Surely the acronym AWP should be scrapped under the Trade Descriptions Act these days too? I sure wasn't amused when certain Bellfruits decided to cost £20 for a board and I'm sure nobody will be amused with the inevitability of £35 boards on the new £70jp machines.

I don't regret knocking it on the head either, in fact I'm more impressed with my willpower for not even wanting to play them.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Yes, I agree..awp should be changed to bwp - bemusement without prizes
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
philips1985

Post by philips1985 »

i know what you mean i dont spend know more than a tenner a day

not worth it and i go to my local shipleys in a morning for 5pound price match and 10 on a sunday really get me a bit of fun on a sunday for nothing as well

fed up with putting in a tenner for a board on a 5 pounder

i cannot be bothered at all sometimes as well
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Poker face 50p play, £2 prize then death 80% of the time
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Most machines have the same CYBTB/Gamesmedia style 3 level layouts on the board type layouts since they are tried and tested to make money for the manus (but boring to play).

I just don't bother playing fruit machines much lately unless i know odds are high in my favour, meaning i generally spend bulk of my cash on drink only lately.

Have been getting hostile receptions in a few pubs i've profited in which makes me feel like playing even less, can't see it improving once buggy £70 pounders start getting iou'd all over the place since i doubt most pub/arcade owners will float them enough to even pay one jackpot.

Expecting horror stories to emerge of £500+ forces and nothing back, simply from using old tested methods not working any more, but players getting sucked in due to addiction/losing their cool and the "it's gotta be due now, i'm XXX hundred in!!!" routine....