and the opposition is..........

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
mr lugsy

and the opposition is..........

Post by mr lugsy »

http://www.fruitless.org.uk/

have'nt really had a chance to look at this properly yet ,but as i understand it they're a group of religious dudes thoroughly opposed to the new increases in stake/prize levels.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

sick
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

250,000 problem gamblers?

that looks like an underestimation to me.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Surely theres more than that just on here :P
Cobwebs 👆
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

who else had read the stories on there?

it's my opinion that they are concocted ,generic ,worst case scenarios that were fabricated as the best means to an end by an ill informed opposition to gambling .

i've no doubt that real life gambling downfalls of this type do actually exist,but the two examples used just seem too scripted for credibility.

a totally onesided scaremongering aimed to sway uninformed public opinion and keep the collection plate stacked with ungambled funds.
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

mr lugsy wrote:it's my opinion that they are concocted ,generic ,worst case scenarios that were fabricated as the best means to an end by an ill informed opposition to gambling .
Probably, but shouldn't we be supporting them? The new stakes / prizes will get us banned from every pub in the land and alienate the punters.

OT:

Back to 10/20/30p £15 JP days. Dont make them as obvious as JPM's but a similar simple game. Even then when dead joe public will have a chance of a pot if he puts in £20, and has a real chance of £5 for a quid in.

When its happy you never know, he might get £45. Definately more chance than a pot out a non DOND bellfruit.

Remember 7 or so years ago, being upset by these rubbish machines(bellfruits) that basically ran a £5 profile with a completely masked streak which would pay £75 within £2 of credits. It was a dark realisation when they started to takeover the bulk of the market. They made more money because of a long cyclic flat profile which would theoretically let the punter play for a while but they would have practically no chance of any profit or anything more than £5 off a board. Think the lost sight of the appeal of the game in a chase for profits. The games aren't really that fun to play, especially with the same crap happening again and again. The fun was in the winning/chance of - that way the appeal. So. Well done bellfruit, your money hungry profiles killed the industry.

Hi lo is a great new machine, and not just because of the streaks, because of the profile. In fact, cap the streak at 70 and it will still be an amazing machine which demonstrates nicely what they CAN do with 50p/35 if they want to.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

mr lugsy wrote:who else had read the stories on there?

it's my opinion that they are concocted ,generic ,worst case scenarios that were fabricated as the best means to an end by an ill informed opposition to gambling .javascript:emoticon(' :D ')

i've no doubt that real life gambling downfalls of this type do actually exist,but the two examples used just seem too scripted for credibility.

a totally onesided scaremongering aimed to sway uninformed public opinion and keep the collection plate stacked with ungambled funds.
At last!!!!

I've found my calling in life.... :D
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

Well, seeing as the information on the home page is a complete lie - MINIMUM £1 STAKE - and the vast majority of the rest of the garbage on there is propaganda, i'm not surprised there is no way of contacting the people behind the website... no contact us page!

It will be very surprising if manufacturers try and force people to play at £1 a go - while this has been accepted by most people at B3 level, and there will be some who play at £1 on AWP's, there may well be a move to games whereby a 10p stake makes a comeback, along with 25p - with lower jackpots to boot.
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

Domain name:
fruitless.org.uk

Registrant:
The Methodist Church of Great Britain

Registrant's address:
Methodist Church House
25 Marylebone Road
London
NW1 5JR
GB

Registrar:
Chapel Studios Ltd [Tag = CHAPELSTUDIOS]
URL: http://www.chapel-studios.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 24-Feb-2009
Renewal date: 24-Feb-2011

if you want to contact them, an email sent to BLANK@fruitless.org.uk should reach them fine. (blank could be any word)