Wheres Slammer?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Slammer

Wheres Slammer?

Post by Slammer »

For all you Leicester players, your mission is to find my Hilo where they have stuck my mugshot next to the machine.

AFAIK, I'm not barred (already got another visit out of it). If it turns out I am, then I'll pass it on.
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Is them doing this not illegal?? I'd flip if it was me...
Bored of the grind.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

sir ratholer wrote:Is them doing this not illegal?? I'd flip if it was me...
Well, it has been very, very carefully done.

The poster reads this :-

"HERE IS JUST SOME OF OUR BIG BIG WINNERS THIS WEEK

OVER £400 THIS WEEK

ALL MACHINES COVERED BY CCTV"

So they are making out I'm a lucky winner. The only bit I dont like is the covered by cctv crap. I must admit, I meant to have a good old read of the Data Protection Act during the week but havent had the time.

TBH - I do not understand their idea behind doing it?!!?

I can only presume they think I'm doing something illegal and at seeing this picture, expect me to run out the door. Instead I bought a pint of fosters and got a red big bucks off peanuts that repeated :D

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

slammer, as far as i'm aware they can have your picture for their own use , but should not show it to the public.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Data must not be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the individual whom it is about, unless there is legislation or other overriding legitimate reason to share the information (for example, the prevention or detection of crime). It is an offence for Other Parties to obtain this personal data without authorisation.

This includes photographs.
Roulette free since December 2011.
alcozar

Re: Wheres Slammer?

Post by alcozar »

Slammer wrote:For all you Leicester players, your mission is to find my Hilo where they have stuck my mugshot next to the machine.

AFAIK, I'm not barred (already got another visit out of it). If it turns out I am, then I'll pass it on.
Not sure if the mugshot thing is cool or tragic. Impressive that you are good enough to be singled out like that 8)
Slammer

Re: Wheres Slammer?

Post by Slammer »

alcozar wrote:
Slammer wrote:For all you Leicester players, your mission is to find my Hilo where they have stuck my mugshot next to the machine.

Not sure if the mugshot thing is cool or tragic. Impressive that you are good enough to be singled out like that 8)

I'd be more impressed if I hadnt been spotted ! Trouble with all reds, is its very hard to disguise the payouts. Especially when you have arseholes standing on your shoelaces watching it go REPEAT, REPEAT sort of bolox who just cannot wait to tell the gaffer.

Slammer

Post by Slammer »

harry2 wrote:Data must not be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the individual whom it is about, unless there is legislation or other overriding legitimate reason to share the information (for example, the prevention or detection of crime). It is an offence for Other Parties to obtain this personal data without authorisation.

This includes photographs.

This brings back the "pubwatch" argument again. You have commited no crime, yet other landlords are alerted of you 'winning' (except they say fiddled) from the machine and exchange descriptions (and/or photographs).

This is completely illegal, a breach of the DPA and your Human Rights. But how do we stop it?

If I get barred, I'll be kicking up a right fuss as I am entitled to see any video footage which has me on it which they are holding. I guarantee they will refuse and I will have to call the police. Hopefully, by the time I have finished, they will remove all the fruit machines from the pub and close down next year.

HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Listen there is nothing illegal about them posting up an image of you because the image isn't a personal form of identifaction or for personal usage, the CCTV camera is leased and inconjunction they take agreements with the government to be able to use any imagery if a crime is being commited in which it is, you are taking money from a machine unfairly due to a exploit in the machine. So you say? well do you think these pubs would have a machine in their pub if they knew it could be exploited for large sums of money? well I don't think they would this is why "INFO" is very secretive and you only get what you deserve.
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Didn't quite follow that last reply, sounds like someones trying to sound knowledgable and is clearly thick as ****...

Anyway! I'd be raging if I saw a pic of me like that, but exactly, what do you do?! I'd do the same as you Mark, smile and get on with it.

Its a passive aggressive bullshit tactic and the best retort is to smile and say "cool, cheers". If they bar you like you said, thats a more aggressive move, so, gloves are off.

Hate passive aggression, you wanna fight - lets fight.

Related note, I was doing a jumpin jokers in dumfermline years ago and after pot number 4 I got an old guy at the bar shouting, "get his photo!". "Get it on the wall, best player ever!". Turns out he wasn't being cheeky, was genuinely impressed. As it was a double hopper and his attitude soon changed to suspision. :)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i take back the chill hrk comment from the other thread .

you sir are indeed mr cadbury's parrot , ,,,,,,, a muppet of the highest order .

MARK ISNT DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL TO THE MACHINE .

fucking illegal exploit ???????? do'nut
Little discipline = BIG issue

Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

HorseRacingKing wrote:Listen there is nothing illegal about them posting up an image of you because the image isn't a personal form of identifaction or for personal usage, the CCTV camera is leased and inconjunction they take agreements with the government to be able to use any imagery if a crime is being commited in which it is, you are taking money from a machine unfairly due to a exploit in the machine. So you say? well do you think these pubs would have a machine in their pub if they knew it could be exploited for large sums of money? well I don't think they would this is why "INFO" is very secretive and you only get what you deserve.
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^

You fucking thick cunt.
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

:lol:
flashback

Post by flashback »

Slammer wrote:
I can only presume they think I'm doing something illegal and at seeing this picture, expect me to run out the door. Instead I bought a pint of fosters and got a red big bucks off peanuts that repeated :D
I hope you changed the poster to £470 afterwards :D
harry2

Post by harry2 »

£540 now, since most JDW landlords are averaging about 19 years they need to be taught a lesson in common sense. Unfortunately if they have to stick to Head office rules thay can't even pass wind without approval from their superiors. Then they wonder why their clientele don't respect them. Times have definitely changed for the worst.
Roulette free since December 2011.