"Quick Pint" Wins

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Matt Vinyl

"Quick Pint" Wins

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Don't you love 'em?

I'd had a hard day at the office yesterday and after negotiating my way via public transport, I thought I'd nip into a local for a quick pint. There's three machines in this particular pub, all are pretty poor for any sort of real play (DOND Break The Bank, DOND The Big Deal & Rainbow Riches).

Anyway, grabbed a pint and was going to play the quizzer with a bit of my change, but alas, that was off. To cut a long story short, I was in the pub for no more than ten minutes, but achieved:

- £14.90 'deal' from TBD (20p and MS left, 20p was in my box - had the offer been over £20 I probably would've ND'd)

- £7 COB from BTB

- £11.xx cashpot from RR, followed by a lovely (flat) top from the 'Wild Thing-esque' feature. Sweet.

Walked out with a shade over £50. Not bad for ten minutes and an un-expected punt.

I know a lot of you guys play far more serious than I do now, but anyone else had any nice 'quick pint' wins? ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Waiting for wife and kids at waterloo station last week nipped in the wellington for a pint and had an indy do a couple of 35s quite close together followed by a 105- only in there 15 mins
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

A few moons ago I was in the handy position of being able to walk to and from work, a very slight diversion took me past 3 pubs all of which had Hellraiser. So I took turns and alternated which pub I played in, very nice and profitable while it lasted. :D

Suppose I could have played them more often as they were scally infested pubs, but why take liberties and bring attention to yourself?
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

My ex used to work in a big steak pub (now 241), 5 nights a week i'd pick her up but arrive just before last orders, get myself a couple of pints and have a go on the fruits, 99% of the time my drinks were paid for with more on top.

In the few years she worked there there were some cracking machines, high spirits, temple of treasure, rich geezer, neptunes treasure, six shooter, pie factory, all 4 one, King kebab, etc.. etc... Those were the days!!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

those were the days indeed m8.

as for quick pint wins (or in my tea total case , quick j20 wins LOL) when you had no intention of slotting but circumstances take over.

im sure it happens to us all , when were at wedding receptions etc ,,,,,, events held in out of town clubs etc.

i remember once fetching some gold for tracy off ebay , and meeting the seller in a hotel which had a money laundry ,,,,,,,, sweet ,,,,,,,, totally unexpected as the trick was long since dead , near stourbridge ,,,,,,,,,, trouble is went back gone , one hit
Little discipline = BIG issue

Post by 6502 »

Not so much quick pint, more fast food.

Was with the GF and she wanted some chicken n chips from local chippy,
I go in and while waiting for chicken stick a £ in some very old roll top crest on 10p/£3jp

Got the JP that then repeated 10 (yes 10!!) times.

Of course the GF got impatient (waiting in car) see's me on machine and comes in giving it the "god you just can't help yourself bla bla bla" but soon changed her tune (and the chicken still wasn't ready)

GF's now that could be a whole thread in itself I think.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

funnily enough: the last money laundery i saw was in a random pub in london, was having a quick pint before a wedding i was going to where i didnt know anyone-- even the people getting married...

it was a notey and had about 130 in it, i emptied it and banked it for 60quid

lol i bet that pissed someone off when they did their rounds...

ive just been to the pub for a coke, with a mate who drove to come and see me... they have dond crazy chair, someone was playing it and must have run out of money cause they left the pub, thing is, it was "red boxing" i thought id get on it and make a quid or two...

red boxes for dond within 3 quid... left with 35 35 and 10p, no deal for 10p.. fuck.... the deal was like 29.99 or something...

£20 note in got another dond feature for mega streak within a tenner, it did £45 leaving my bank just over 60, tested a board died, second board, seemed dead, cob for red £5 repeated twice

took about 4 minutes in all, 50-something up in four minutes, and my mate who id not seen for a while didnt mind waiting while i played...

trayhop123 wrote:those were the days indeed m8.

as for quick pint wins (or in my tea total case , quick j20 wins LOL) when you had no intention of slotting but circumstances take over.

im sure it happens to us all , when were at wedding receptions etc ,,,,,, events held in out of town clubs etc.

i remember once fetching some gold for tracy off ebay , and meeting the seller in a hotel which had a money laundry ,,,,,,,, sweet ,,,,,,,, totally unexpected as the trick was long since dead , near stourbridge ,,,,,,,,,, trouble is went back gone , one hit
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh - the 'Big Deal' was red-boxing, so I pressed on for that board, was so tempted to No Deal it, but then remembered where I was / what I was playing / how much I had in my pocket...

PS: Just saw some pretty bird win the £250,000 on 'real' DOND. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]PS: Just saw some pretty bird win the £250,000 on 'real' DOND. ]

Yeah, she was fit! Gorgeous eyes.
Funny how much fitter she got at the end of the show though......
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
refillkey

Post by refillkey »

Northern Monkey wrote:Waiting for wife and kids at waterloo station last week nipped in the wellington for a pint and had an indy do a couple of 35s quite close together followed by a 105- only in there 15 mins
the indy in there is allways good profit imo...
theres a few good machines in the station that are normally good for profit..
theres a good cash attack , piggy bank , hall of fame , snakes (if you like it) and a vortex i think oh yeh and a ccp.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Cheers for those locations mate...

Welcome to the forum :D
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

lol
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

gentlemen , start your engines lol :lol:
Little discipline = BIG issue

refillkey

Post by refillkey »

np and cheers.
ive got a bag of locations that i dont do so if your from london i can hook you up.
eg.
cluedo/clones
c4
stacka
wiyb
hilo/indy
old reds.

pm for details.
darren

Post by darren »

refillkey wrote:np and cheers.
ive got a bag of locations that i dont do so if your from london i can hook you up.
eg.
cluedo/clones
c4
stacka
wiyb
hilo/indy
old reds.

pm for details.
Aye all dead/empty id expect.
5 nights a week i'd pick her up but arrive just before last orders, get myself a couple of pints and have a go on the fruits,
Shame on you, drink driving. Looking at killing yourself, and/or some other lucky individual. Im not one to talk, im currently on a 3 month ban for drunk in charge and a tasty £500 fine too pay up....... since im not working, nor on the dole it is VERY harsh, How do they expect me to come up with that, well i guess im under pressure to spend 3 minutes on machine 'x' lol.

Gotta love will hill, i only recently remembered why it was a bad idea to chase a pot on £111, 5 hours and £80 i have had 2..... YES 2 of them.

I wish to be having that pot, and il bet the erm.... middle eastern guys will have it first £138 now what is one too do, i want it more for image more than profit. My odds, in comparison with doing other stuff are soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. I think i know what to do, i should probably pull the com wire and bet £100 a go bleh bleh fooking bleh. Old news etc.

No will hill is not the answer, machine x may be, but as machine Y really as good as one would expect. Time will tell.

It probably is, the bars wont know what hit them.... They better find one sharpish :wink: