most on top pubs.....

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
pickareel

most on top pubs.....

Post by pickareel »

im bored anyone got any storys about ridiculously on top pubs?
i got more routes than loreal
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Now you come to mention it that place with the dial down south. Some gorilla came over and threatened to disembowel me with a screwdriver. The staff are fine in there, its the people who drink in there, alot of them are doormen, fucking scum.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

the landlord was an utter prick in there,he kept sniffing round when he saw 50 in the bank and that was gameover,as if he accused us of using our mobiles to empty the fruit,is anyone you know still getting away with doing it?
Houston

Post by Houston »

Where this stopper?

I'll go in with my ears stuck out and with two hearing aids, a false 3 - inch heal on my shoe & just say "Ugg! ugg! to everything he asks so he'll be too embarassed to turf me off.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

That Russell got threatened in there as well, so he's not going back. I don't fancy it either to be honest.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

This aint the pub im thinking of is it?
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Non-fruit related, a landlord in a pub I used to frequent had a habit of letting groups of 16/17 year olds buy a round in, then he'd go over to their table and ask for ID, when they couldn't provide the drinks were taken off them, given to his cliqey mates and the kids were asked to leave (without a refund)!

This was 5 or so years ago, he's probably worm food now.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Kings Head, North Chailey nr Uckfield.

Got a ridiculous amount of aggro playing a p1 CA, the landlord said to the whole pub (who were all watching me, yeah all 5 of them), looks like the professionals here and asked me where I was going next.

In my experience this means it's your last hit anyway so you may as well go down in flames, so I arrogantly replied 'probably East Grinstead but I'll have to check my route in the car first!', he then claimed he'd phone all the pubs there.

I then said 'hmmm, Portsmouth v Spurs on TV isn't it - doesn't look like sky or setanta though??' This is something I always take a note of, as it's a good leverage when getting aggro - I threatened to report them :-)

Immediately he was like, no need to be like that, I said well you started it not me. The whole pub turned on me, I offered them all outside one on one but they declined - I then decided to carry on playing the fruit whilst giving as good as I got and then got barred.

I told him, you just did a very stupid thing as I'm gonna report you to sky, and I did exactly that. I think the fine is £20k-£30k, so unlucky mr landlord, I expect you are going to be another statistic in the pub closure numbers very soon indeed...

Now every time I drive past both fruits are switched off, probably have to be a local to be allowed to play them!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Anything on Melton Rd, Leicester and surrounding areas, apart from Horse and Jockey and the Woolpack, been barred and re-barred after leaving it a year before going back, one pub had a complete power cut, then slowly one by one things started coming back on except for you know what, should get my yearly hit about summertime, probably have a load of shit by then anyway.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Railway in Glenfield, Leicester is almost impossible to get in to, usually the gaffer says 'we don't want no bandits boys in here' i got away with a wombat for ages in there because i knew a few faces, then one day he started asking questions, and he was armed with a few facts so someone had put the boot in. I suppose everyone got sick of doing £30 before they got offered a board :P
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Extreme Eddie wrote:Railway in Glenfield, Leicester is almost impossible to get in to, usually the gaffer says 'we don't want no bandits boys in here' i got away with a wombat for ages in there because i knew a few faces, then one day he started asking questions, and he was armed with a few facts so someone had put the boot in. I suppose everyone got sick of doing £30 before they got offered a board :P

Ah.. yeh, lol

Been barred 3 times myself. Arcadia, Fireball and DOND : WIYB.

The WIYB (p1 slow) was well, well, well after virtually all GTK/LL/Crown were chipped.

Had a few hits out of it, then one day he came over and put his hand on my shoulder trying to intimidate me and started moaning about the machine and accused me of being a 'bandit boy', after bursting out laughing I said I was flattered but was married.

Totally stumped him and I got a few more boards out of it before I was asked to leave the machine, finish our drinks and leave.

Me and my m8 stood there for ages afterwards laughing our heads off and he just disppeared into the back room with his tail between his legs.

The machine got passed on to other players anyway :lol:
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Who cares about on top pubs, the half of you claim to be hard nuts so it shouldn't affect you. * no names mentioned *
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Another 'railway' which you wont get more than a fiver in before getting collared in Newtown Unthank, Desford, Leicestershire...
Managed a few swiggs out of my bottle of pils (thought a bottle would help... NO!)
Fat gaffer came up to me said "you're one of these bandit-robbers, i know the faces!"
funny how he knew me, had never been in there before ?
Was only a top gear..
:roll:
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Houston

Post by Houston »

HorseRacingKing wrote:Who cares about on top pubs, the half of you claim to be hard nuts so it shouldn't affect you. * no names mentioned *
Yet another typical post from a naive non-player.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

wouldnt even use player in any centence involving that little chimp tbh