Not sure what its called

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
greenbelter

Not sure what its called

Post by greenbelter »

Think it is stax or someting. £1 a go and you have to stack the LED boxes all to the top. Its pure skill or something but wondered if anyone had played it or won anything? The Prizes are PS3s and stuff. They have minor prizes which is probably like a rubber ball or a keyring.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I'd rather stick my dick in a vice than pay £1 for a rubber ball.

Seriously, how much does a PS3 cost? Multiply your answer by 10 and you can see where we're heading.....Neverwinsville.
quizard

Post by quizard »

The was one in fruit case called Blox which is basically a rip-off of Tetris.
rook1984

Post by rook1984 »

these do payout, but the owners can set it to what they want. Usually between £400 to £800. But if you no somebody who works in the arcade with keys, they are very profitable :D :D
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

theres a youtube video of this, let me find a link
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i assume these are like the toy cranes

i heard years ago that machines like these usually have a setting that makes them let say forinstance 1 in 10 win
so you have 9 prefixed lose games
and you have to actually hit the 10th,
if you miss the 10th, you get another 9 loses...

also its random, so in a batch of 10 numbers it could give the first one as a win,
you miss, it finishes its cycle of 10 wins, meaning 9 loses
it then starts a new cycle, which could be 9 loses and one win last,
so you miss one, have 18 pre-lose games, and then have to hit the 20th..

and it almost certainly doesnt work over a 10 game cycle if the prize is a ps3... you're talking probably hundreds of games

im not sure if this is completely accurate or 100% true, but it sounds quite realistic as i did an experement with a grabbing machine once

they have "win every time" cranes, a few years ago i played one for SIX HOURS in skeggy, you'd assume that you would just have one go and it would grip properly every time, but no.. it was £1 a go and it didnt grip at all, once it returns to the "home" position it gives a few seconds to start again or it times out..

i put £1 in it, and played it till i got a toy... it was the last day of my hoilday and i was so bored! but i wanted the fucking toy, i got a whole days "entertainment" for £1

they must expect you to have a couple of goes and give up

the grabber was really limp, when i eventually got the toy it gripped it like a vice, left a dirty mark on it where it grabbed it! FUCKiNG RIGGED
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

kind of right,a modern processor operated crane can be set to payout (on average)every x ammount of credits but as they have sensors down the payout holes ,if you miss the toy it may well try and grab to win until you get it or it may save the win abit longer.the correct way to set up a crane is to make sure it will lift the toy everytime as long as the grab is positioned correctly by the player.this does not construe a win mind you,as the power to the claw solenoid is slowly reduced during the string wind up to give the player the illusion that the toy has slipped out of the grab.setting the processor wrongly will either make the claws look like they have blatently openned to drop the toy,or on the other hand cause too many wins ,thus reducing the profit margin.if you set it stupidly so it blatantly opens then you will experience a phenomenon known in the business as "screamers"
on the latest machines it is very easy to set them so the punter is none the wiser.

as for the stacker; the operator can set the large payout to a max of 800pounds on 1pound player ,half it for 50p play.
STACKER IS CLASSED AS SKILL, YOU MAY LAUGH BUT I KNOW IT TO BE SO.
there is still a miniscule window of opportunity in which you can win the biggy even when the machine is not ready.FACT.
there has to be by law so that prizes of great value can be used.
i ve seen it done less than a fiver after i have moodied one up for my boss before we've openned :wink: lol he was'nt too chuffed.

the easiest explanation for the blatent jump at the top is that it cannot stop a pixel to one side of the block, by design, and as you've got say , a fraction of millisecond window to win then of course it has to jump.
anyway steer clear of stacker unless you know a rogue attendant,btw that's not me.
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

seen a lad in new brighton get major prize on that e tried to pick a sat nav it never spun off the hook an fukd im off.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

that would make the machine error,he should have called someone ,it has a game history and the operator would be able to tell immediatley that it should have paid a prize.
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

it did nothin an e didn get the fella because he just thought they wouldn beleive im.
bigv038

Re: -

Post by bigv038 »

dannyedge25 wrote:it did nothin an e didn get the fella because he just thought they wouldn beleive im.
Yeah right, like you still wouldn't try your luck and call someone over!
JG

Post by JG »

I've played stacker once and once only. I skilled skillfully up to a minor prize. It was a flashing lollipop. I gave it to my girlfriend. I paid for it, she sucked it, it flashed and that was that.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

JG wrote:I've played stacker once and once only. I skilled skillfully up to a minor prize. It was a flashing lollipop. I gave it to my girlfriend. I paid for it, she sucked it, it flashed and that was that.
Euphemisms all over the place JG, like it! :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

wish my mrs would suck it for a mere flashing lollypop ,,,,,,,,,, got to be nothing short of designer clothes ,,,,,,,,, bitch :o ops: :lol:
Little discipline = BIG issue