Random machines are now in pubs

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
mr BIG

Random machines are now in pubs

Post by mr BIG »

Found a random machine in a pub with a £500 jackpot at a maximum of 2 quid per spin.

Cant remember what is was called but this could be beginning of the end for fruit machines as we know them.

Has anyone else seen one of these?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Bloody hell...!

That is bad news! I will not, repeat, not touch one of those things. I can't see these being aloud in pubs, surely? I'm not doubting that you saw one, I just can't believe the law will be able to be so lax as to where they are sited...?

I know the AWP scene has gone down hill (if we're all being honest about it!) over the last 5-8 years (since the introduction of the £15 jackpot some may say), but at least they are 'games' and most of them have some 'amusement' value (usually laughing so hard how you could possibly die on a 2!). These s16's could be classed as just plain evil...

I don't know how much I can comment, as I've never played (and never will play) one, but from stories you read on here (although mainly other sites) (and how many bracketed comments can I make in one post?) it sounds like the slope that the gaming industry is sliding down is going to get steeper!

Heh - sorry Mr BIG, didn't mean to use your thread as a rant space, but for most of us on here who enjoy a 'sip' n 'spin' every so often, it ain't good news!

:(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Oli

Post by Oli »

How can you tell if a machine is a section 16 or not? Do they look vastly different or something? (Not having an arcade anywhere near where i live, i only ever play machines in pubs and clubs).
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

2 quid a spin olly, and 500 pound jackpot usually. Not nice things, makes me unhappy just thinking about them. :(
Unbelievable Jeff
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Was it some sort of Reflex product like the Vegas 500/Fortune 500? I would say these look more like ones which would appear in pubs, due to their look being similar to Bell Fruit/Mazooma/QPS cabinets.

Or was it a less famous machine?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

From what I understand - S16's are more video based (correct me if I'm wrong!) and have 5 virtual reels...

Nasty...!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr BIG

Post by mr BIG »

COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 wrote:Was it some sort of Reflex product like the Vegas 500/Fortune 500? I would say these look more like ones which would appear in pubs, due to their look being similar to Bell Fruit/Mazooma/QPS cabinets.

Or was it a less famous machine?
Not sure who made it but the display was made up of lots of little screens each consisting of 5 lines with centre line being the win line
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

The closest i can get to that description is the new Nova products like Punch N Judy. Or the Mazooma/QPS - Multi Golden Game/ Pink Panther Break the Bank.
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Ah, was it video? I've seen these too. They're not S16s, they're actually normal S34s, but you play a lot of them at once, and the prize is lumped together. That £2 is actually 20 10p games. So they won't be random, they'll be normal %ers.
willparker27

Post by willparker27 »

S16 machines are not allowed in the pubs as yet. It will happen over time and that will be the end of AWP's for sure. Bring back the £10 jp's is what i say!
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

I have heard about these sequential jackpot games, think you play 20 lots of reels at 10p making it £2 a go but you can effectivly win £25 on all of the reels making it a possible £500 Jackpot.
discostu

Post by discostu »

Yeah they're shite except when you get the JP like i did from 12 quid, then they are fucking class. This resulted in me doing spinning birds kicks down the middle of the arcade!

Seriously dont play them and if you do.... 20 quid max..... once a month.