Pinball, Commodore 64s and All That Jazz!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

OT:
the last bastion of the vertically-scrolling shmup
Love playing those... ;) Anyone dabble with SEUCK on the C64.

Back On Topic: I don't really have much to say, as I don't go in arcades. Apart from the odd seaside dabble for a quick go on 'Afterburner'! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

......and back to the wonderful world of videogames................

Mattv, if shmups float your boat you wanna get a 360 (elite preferably) and d/l IKARUGA from the Xbox Live Arcade, you will not be disappointed mate.

Don't forget about 2D Beat 'em ups Weyland, these games keep the Japanese arcades well and truly alive. Even now, they still have Street Fighter : Third Strike competitions which brings challengers from all four corners of the globe............roll on SF IV, yeah baby!!

By the way, if somebody has a spare copy of RADIANT SILVERGUN can I have it for a fiver? :wink:
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

ma71lda wrote:By the way, if somebody has a spare copy of RADIANT SILVERGUN can I have it for a fiver? :wink:
Ikaruka rocks, I had it on the Dreamcast. :) And good luck finding Radient Silvergun - there's none on eBay that I can find!

A mate of mine finally found a copy when he went to Japan a month or so ago, and he ended up having to buy a Saturn to play it on as well!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

back in the days of videos my local had 6 street fighters and 7 were some times requred ,not often,but sometimes.12+xenon cabinets in a row included classics like bubble bobble, tetris,pang,rainbow island,nemesis, black tiger,salamander,r type ,1942,haileys comet,wardner.etc etc eettcc.

outrun ,afterburner,spaceharrier ,and loads of pinballs :shock:

enter sony and it all goes tits.

the coin op video industry today is virtually reduced to dance stages,drivers ,shooters and a few scrappers,gone are the platformers and shootem ups.

pinball is proper fucked ,used to be such fun back in the day.

fruits used to pop out of the depots to my local every other week.
games had better programs than now (fact)

nowadays fruits are definitely progammed to look after owners at the players expense to a degree,that if not remedied soon will surely stick another nail in the industries coffin. the blame is not with the arcades here ,but with the manufacturer.

many more arcades will go out of business before the corner is turned (if it ever is)

the savvy will survive.
whilst fruits may be most of many venues takings nowadays , at the seaside during season a very high percentage of take is down to 2p pushers and cranes.
the former takes a ridiculous ammount considering its only 2p's.

seaside arcades are part of british heritage and i love them even now, at their lowest ebb.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I used to love pinball when i was a kid, saw one today in a pub in Brum the first time in years i've seen one in a boozer, we had a few in the local pub over the years, terminator, addams family were good too play on, bring back the pinball in pubs i say, i'm sure there would be some interest :)
Cobwebs 👆
Scott

Post by Scott »

Talking of pinball, does anyone remember the name of the one where you had to shoot the balls up the ramp and they would land in the robot womens eyes, when you got the 2nd one in she would say ''now i can see you''. its really bugging me.
Cobwebs 👆

Post by Guest »

i used to have a pinball emulator...pinmame or summit....sum gr8 ones on there...beavis and butthead was a personal fave
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Medieval Madness was always my favourite. Came so very close to completing it...

TROLLS! GET 'EM!!!

Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Extreme Eddie wrote:Talking of pinball, does anyone remember the name of the one where you had to shoot the balls up the ramp and they would land in the robot womens eyes, when you got the 2nd one in she would say ''now i can see you''. its really bugging me.
That would be Pin*Bot, 1986 by Williams.

(/ME hides from accusations of geekdom :) )

It's been years since I saw a pinball machine in the wild. The last one I saw was a privately owned Addams Family in the bar in the Contact Theatre in Manchester. Anyone know of any more?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

there was even a mario pinball, ,,,,,, scott if you walk into lisas amusements behind the counter stuck on the wall they have a lot of old pinball glass faciers of pinballs yesteryear, like evil kenevil and the six million dollar man etc
Little discipline = BIG issue

Scott

Post by Scott »

That does'nt ring any bells Weyland but is probably right, i was quite young back then, don't suppose anyone can put a photo of it on here too see if its the same one, f*ck knows where you people get all these old photos from?

ps i have noticed them in Lisas :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Had a wee look about on the Interweb and found this...

http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-indiv ... _Emulator/

Has anyone tried it?
flashback

Post by flashback »

Weyland wrote:
Extreme Eddie wrote:Talking of pinball, does anyone remember the name of the one where you had to shoot the balls up the ramp and they would land in the robot womens eyes, when you got the 2nd one in she would say ''now i can see you''. its really bugging me.

It's been years since I saw a pinball machine in the wild. The last one I saw was a privately owned Addams Family in the bar in the Contact Theatre in Manchester. Anyone know of any more?
It might have been The Machine: Bride of Pinbot...
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

why is this in barcrest lol
Scott

Post by Scott »

flashback wrote:
Weyland wrote:

It might have been The Machine: Bride of Pinbot...
just googled it and theres lots of vids on youtube, it is bride of pinbot, would never of remembered the name but reckognized it instantly, great sound fx, brings back memories :D
Cobwebs 👆