How much for a board

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Stevie S

How much for a board

Post by Stevie S »

I know you can walk upto a machine and put a quid in and get on the board straight away and other times it could cost £20+ before it puts you on to f**k you off straight away.

But in general how much is it costing you for a board? Im finding it around the £6-£7 mark! its a disgrace. Anyone agree.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
jonnyg323

Post by jonnyg323 »

For me, reds and extremes tend to cost more than barcrests or BFs - on 50p play id say £6-8ish for the formers and £4-5ish for the latters. Cool games + GM really hard to say; can be anything really. Obviously if a machine is buzzing these estimates would be wrong. And this doesnt include turbo gambles where u get up to 50p and then go back to the trail having lost on the first, e.g. HoF and BTQ.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

the average across all machines used to be 2-4 quid, but now its gotta be 5-7
Little discipline = BIG issue

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Unfortunately these days it can often be a tenner plus. DONDs are especially bad for this, and all are capable of throwing in dear boards for the sake of it sometimes. Reds that are ready usually chuck bonuses in every few quid though which is good.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

It is getting to the £6-10 for a board scenario. Machines such as Hot Property can throw in £20 gaps just for the pleasure of it and the other day a Here and Now took £24 to get on :shock: .

It was £3-4 for a board when I first started but it was also 25p/play, so you're looking 12-16 credits/board. £6-10 p/b @ 50p/play = 12-20 credits for each board (on average).

No wonder the value has disappeared for the throw-yer-change-in-from-yer-pint kinda player.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Maybe, but i still see as many casual players as ever these days....and also a large number of olds playing? Strange...
JG

Post by JG »

Nah, nothing changes. I paid £24 for a board on The Crystal Maze (Barcrest) once. Ditto Olympic Gold, an old BFM. They could take. Machines like The Great Escape, Simpsons were good because if after £5-£8 when the machine was dead and you hadn't got a board, it'd just roll it in, all be it a £1 value board most times.

Some of the old stuff could really take the piss as well.

Granted it seems to be making a comeback, the unacceptably expensive board. Some new Barcrests can easily take £20+ for a board. As stated Cops 'n Robbers/Here and now can also be outrageously costly. I doubt on 50p play we'll see the return of a 'board for a fiver' unless you're happy with 'The Bigger cheese returns £35' and every board offfers £1-£3, unless it has been really sweeeded or is on a juicy percentage.
It's the price you play for big cobs, sly rips and in the case of Monopoly, ask Crosby. He might have the answer by the sounds of things.

Personally if I was coding games, I'd offer all 'fresh' players a board every fiver and then when they built up the bank, played for a while, introduce costlier boards on a gradient as an optional randomly selected extra.

Nothing, nothing sucks more than a £20 note in and no board.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I tried a board on a cops and robbers a few weeks back and i very rarely play shite, but anyway it only cost £2 and i landed on a ? when i was on low cash and features so i bashed the cash or bust button which gave me £15 red and repeated, was quite chuffed with my £28 profit and i made more on this than the machine i actually went in the pub too play, one week later thought i'd try my luck again and it cost me £19 for a board and gave me a ? within 3 moves on the board tried the cash or bust again and it gave a poxy £2 this time, god help any casual punter these days who wants a few boards with his beer change, and when you do get on the board you'll be lucky too get a decent win if your on something thats been hit by someone in the know.
Cobwebs 👆
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

£22 for a board on CCP streaky :wink:

Like you say though, a big DOND and a big COB on beat the banker/jiggy bank/robbers and you are looking anywhere from £10-£20 for a £2.40 blocked board. Pure evil. Add to that a £50+ recovery cost too.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

[quote="jonnyg323"]For me, reds and extremes tend to cost more than barcrests or BFs - on 50p play id say £6-8ish for the formers and £4-5ish for the latters. Cool games + GM really hard to say]

Behave! My main run consists of reds & a couple of Extremes & in the main it's £3 - £6 for a board where as the Newest Crests & the majority of Bellfruit will take £10 for fun.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

....Monopoly road to riches, 14 for a board, offered £2..... bonus=? LOSE
£6 later, £2 offered....... bonus=? LOSE
£6 later, £2 offered....... bonus=? LOSE
did take a £7 parking meter fingy next couple of quid but
WOT A WASTE OF 20 ODD QUID!!!!
:x
i would say an AVERAGE board would cost 5-8
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

When i first started palying the fruits my beer change (approx £3) did 8 times out of 10 get me a board and if anything id collect it on a ? mark put it back in for another board until id lost it or it got upto a fiver +.

How these companies expect to attract new players to machines with £7+ for boards that offer the odd £2 back or nothing is beyond me.

As a new player i came from playing in pubs and not the arcade, i doubt it that this is possible anymore i dont personally see many young players 17 - 18 playing the fruits in pubs its normally 22+ which does coincide with the change from the beer for a board days, I dont get around as much as some of yourselfs but that is my observation of late. Slowly new players will be in decline.

Aswell as the price of beer going up all the time and the fact that you cant calm your nerves with a ciggie(if you have the habit) when £50 into a red doesnt help either.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

im only 18,i only play a few pubs and i find that machines in arcades take alot more for boards, i dont think iv ever had a machine in a pub take more than £7 (well maybe reds) then again iv only got darts,space,vamps and gbc's.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

I still have an unchipped Power 5. Can you imagine Mug Punters reaction when he gets a board every £15 to win a Pound, then another £15 in to win a pound. Then another £15 in to win a pound.

I played a Red X-Rated last month. Got a JP. Thought I'd see if machine still on its run....£35 for a Board!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i agree with you guys when you say "how will a machine attract new players when it takes 15 quid for a buck board" i work in an arcade and the other day we took delivery of a new dond 35jp the one that has a telephone dial symbol on r3 and bottom glass ,5 win liner fucked if i can remember its name coz we got 6 of these now all different variety and all that.anyway,un packed did the locks and floated it. powered it up and ran a "few quid" through it .twenty fuck fuck fuck three quid for its first ever board aiming up from 0 per fucking cent ,a true testament to bellfruits " fuck the customer" mentality. these days the manufacturer is only interested in turning around a quick buck and is and is investing less time and money in producing a machine that actually has an enjoyable bit of programming . back to the maachine now.... died on a 2 first ever board first ever gamble ,my only salvation was it was not my dosh ha ha! 11 more quid for another board ,got to third hi lo before i died this time ,cool. 7 quid more dead on an 11 3rd hit ,50 quid plus or minus a couple and it starts letting me past the third gamble ,astounding generosity from a brand new machine aiming up from 0 percent to 84+1
. 75 in to force fist ever jp ,flat 35 "buzzing at butlins" recycled this to no avail ,eventually im 110 in [not mine still} another flat 35 , its xmas all over again, get 2 more 35jps no repeats and its ripping your heart out through your ear again. this is my glowing endorcement to a very lively enjoyable, quality ,value for money {still not my own ,lol} experience in the hand of good old mr bellfruit........three cheers for mr bellfuit everyone! ps. any one in mr bellfruits progamming team got any gcses? answers in a 1p box please!