Am I a pro?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
redlinesman

Am I a pro?

Post by redlinesman »

I think the previous post by JG sums up what a lot of players will probably go through at some stage. I've always thought its really important to differentiate between people who go out to gamble on the fruits and those who play them professionally, what I call career players. Most players go out when they feel like it, do want they want and as a result have little order or disipline in their daily lives. I would describe myself as a half pro, considering that I don't have rigid hours, and I often sometimes just pop out when I feel like it coupled with the fact that I do have a little bit of history with gambling issues. A pro for me, is a state of mind or a willingless of intent, which results in a flowing steadiness and ultimately success. The buzz is taken away considerably, and that 100 win off a few quid doesn't quite feel the same, your going along a straight line, rather than hitting those highs and lows. The problem with players is that nearly all of them have a gambling history (how did we all get into this) so this buzz or hitting the highs and lows is naturally instilled in us. I can say for certain that the best players I know, are not the ones who get the best info, its the ones that have somehow eliminated this buzz from their makeup. They also make the most money, I am never that keen on spurting out figures but a guy I know has over 3 in his bank balance and he's not paying a mortgage any more. He told me the turning point for him, was a court case involving him 'lighting up' italian jobs that happened years ago. He came out of that court case a bigger and better man, decided to do everything by the book, no shortcuts allowed and he's just gone on from there. His favourite word is sustainability.

Back to the point I was going to make now. If you do get drastically wound up when you've had 150 through something or things aren't going your way, then you should take stock of things and make decisions about your future health and stress levels. I've always thought one of the major signs of a player going down the rocky road is when he starts slamming the buttons. When things aren't going my way, I always thank the machine for it because I say, if you were nice all the time then everyone would be trying to come and take money out of you. I do get worked up sometimes, but these days its always controlled simply because I know theres no other option.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

fantastic post red couldn't agree more
being a pro truly is a state of pure disiplin
Little discipline = BIG issue

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Just an o/t....how long have you been in Harrogate redlinesman? I was at uni in York and had a mate who was from Knaresborough, and we had a few nights out in Harrogate. Used to do pretty well from the winter gardens when it had Ziggy and Rocket Money about 2-3 years ago. The arcades there were a bit dirty though!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

The definition of professional is basically to make a living off a certain skill.

I'd say its easy to be a fruity pro, but only a few are good fruity pros!
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Been visiting there on and off for the past 7 years. Now have properties to stay in (I don't own them) in Harrogate, Leeds, Newcastle and London so just mix my time up really, keeps me on my toes.

Post by Guest »

gotta be ratsekul...
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Yeah he had a place in London too didnt he? Coincidence? :lol:
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Pro's come with years & years of experience
how long u bin in the game redlinesman?
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Late 90's
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

If you ask whether you are a pro, chances are you aren't, probably better than most of us though.