To work or not to work

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

There aint no point in working unless its a career! and I have one thanks to Noel...... Good one
justice For The 96
JG

Post by JG »

Fruit machines are very bad for the soul. They alter your perceptions of reality and twist your emotions. They pander to everything that is wrong with society.

Hold on, hold on, it's just harmless entertainment right?

Well I believe it depends entirely on your psyche. I work part-full-part-full time, pay tax and play fruit machines Saturdays and some evenings.
Despite making a significant extra wage from this hobby, I feel I have paid, am paying, a price for this 'work'. Work not 'work' can get you down, make you feel stressed, make you feel bored, but only, in my opinion, can fruit machines really get underneath your skin and fuck you about.

I think you can definitely get too bogged down in 'chasing money' games. The highs are higher, but the lows are lower. An honest day's work IS good for the soul, but there's nothing quite like the feeling of a big £100+ win off a few quid. Is there? Hmmm. Similarly if things aren't going quite your way at work it's never as bad as when you drive hundreds of miles to lose £1.60 and have run ins with landlords, locals, staff, suffer squalid conditions etc

I'd much rather have £x/day and security, rather than an average of £x+y/day and a whole load of bloody extra hassle. y=pretty much diddly squat I should imagine.

Also there's a definite ethical issue with benefit fraud, it's not all about 'getting one over' on The Government, you're also getting one over on all the other tax payers. That's an issue for your conscience. 100% dog eat dog, or should we look out for each other to a degree? You decide.

I think also there's a question of age. As a generalisation, when you're 18/19, you feel free as a bird running around like a maverick 007. Ten years on though, the commitments are greater. Mortgages, dependents, bills, taxes are are probably there adding on pressure. Whilst winning a crafty 1'er when you're 18/19 seems like a huge, huge sum of money amongst your peers, ten years on, you'll have peers who won't be impressed with that. Tell you uni mates you've won £100 and wow! How many beers/takeaways could you buy with that? At 29, tell your workmates, girlfriend, wife, whoever and it's, well that's a small, small amount of money towards the mortgage.

It's bread and butter stuff for some, but it's fucking irritating and bad for the psyche/soul.

I used to love the swings, but now I definitely prefer the climbing frame.

Look I'll be honest with you. I'm generally an easy going person, a really easy going person. At work I rub along with people just fine, we go out (I never, ever play machines when out with work's people) and it's all normal. Trouble is fruits spill over into personal affairs sometimes. You say you'll be back at 7 and something takes the piss so you get back at 8. You make the phone call just gone 7, but it's never enough. So many times I've felt resentment for the bastards that code anti-force technology and all the rest of it. Cashino or whoever was dead right. In my opinion you can't play machines as a couple, it just doesn't work. Not unless you're totally happy to resign yourself to losing. £80k+ up in three years, but hell, when you're low, you're low.

I was going to finish off with that philosophical one liner about the swings. That didn't happen.

It would be a lot easier if there was a crystal ball that lit up as soon as you put in 20p.

"I can forsee the future.......This machine will look blatently ready for the first ten pound or so, you'll go in for the top and it'll be near full as well to entice you. You'll do £50 in for flat £35 three times on the bounce. Then It'll inexplicably take £150 for a top, leaving you blown out the water with where you are in terms of percentage payback. You'll walk away £192 down after recycling into a black hole, when you could have walked away £2 up two hours ago. You'll expereince feelings of resentment, anger and self loathing - hey, that's just from the friends you used to have matey! Thanks for filling my cashbox. SWEDE HEAD!!"

"I once thought what would happen if I smashed up every slot machine, roulette wheel. Burned every deck of cards, every bookmaker's shop. Swallowed every dice and consumed every man's urge to better himself the lazy way. I then realised I would destroy human nature itself, consequently killing myself. I was tempted, but in the end I let it be."

R F Devizes from the 'Parables of the sinning dromedary'. Well worth a read.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Its a way of life 4 me 2!
its nice to start when u want and
finish when u want
as long as its paying the bills i'll continue.....
been full-time 4 almost 10 years now
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
harry2

Post by harry2 »

9 out of 10 on here wish they had never discovered gambling.

Aside from the money how many of the following have you done

1. Told the girlfriend/wife/partner (what a horrid word) that you'll meet them at seven only to still be forcing a red/barcrest/mazooma at half eight.
2. Nip out from work and don't come back for three hours.
3. Do the rent/mortgage/gas bill in the machines/bookies/roulette
4. Spend money intended for christmas/birthday on machines.
5. Starved yourself by spending your last few quid gambling rather than buy food first.
6. Walk home after doing the bus fare in the arcade.
7. Tell your mates you'll meet then in the pub at eight, take your last £50 out of the cash point at seven to have a quick tenner in the arcade only to lose the lot and have to lie to everyone the next day for not making it.
8. First thing after work on pay day take a few quid out and blow the lot with reckless abandon.
9. Flog some belongings such as jewellery/video games to raise a few quid at month end because you were skint.
10. Physically run down the road to have a gamble because the arcade shuts in ten minutes.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

sorry harry, i must be the 1 in ten ,,,,, ok when i was 18 i did do the busfare thing, and knew nowt but since the 10quid days ive never looked back,,, having met the right contacts early on,,,,, this path is all about disaplin, if you have it, i for 1 have never put a bet on a horse or any other form of gambling in the last 20 years,,,(ok i have the odd semi friendly game of 3card brag on occasion lol) i have always looked at this as a full time occupation, and no other job would have allowed me to have saved whats in the bank. nor allowed me the freedom of chosen working hours, you cant put a price on that..
my biggest fear is when it finally all comes crashing down what to do next.

there is a perception that to have a conventional job is the be all end all of life, moraly and socialy acceptable, but thats just bollocks that gets drilled into us by parents etc.

i agree with the false highs and lows as pointed out by jg but bottom line dissaplin and will power are key to success .

i know for a fact that if i won a million pounds tomorrow i wouldnt feel the need to ever play a fruity again, and thats what separates the pro player from the addicts. its a job at the end of the day to me, nothing more
Little discipline = BIG issue

harry2

Post by harry2 »

trayhop

It's not too diificult to ascertain who on here knows what they are doing and those that are just addicted or exaggerate. A good player doesn't need emptiers, programmings flaws, illegal devices to win, they work things out for themselves. It took me years to master fruit machines but I blew it all on other things, lacking discipline as the main culprit. I found that the time factor was the drawback, trawling services in the middle of the night was plain soul destroying in the end. There's a ten year hole in my curriculum vitae which was a great time when you were young, but ceases to inetrest me now. I'm sure things are more difficult in the year 2008, but in the eighties and nineties, being a pro was a very easy option and good luck to anyone who goes down this route, but surely the non-random days of the fruit machine are coming to an end, just lo-techs and twenty line borathon sessions now.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Do the morgatge in the bookies or in a machine???

Some people on here seem to misunderstand full time playing for just a fruit machine addict?!

I make money and have a guarneteed income of at least £400 a week! (since i stopped the FOBT)

All me mates work and are skint etc alot of the time!

I have a new sat nav, 32 inch LCD in me room, PS3, Getting a new car, Good clothes (buy new ones all the time :) ) out every weekend etc etc!!

If you make good money then why stop! Why do alot of people come on here critiscising us on what we do because quite frankly I dont give a shit if its taking off the goverment!

The ammount I spend on petrol, beer and other things they get their tax! and every £1 in a fruit machine gets taxed by 6% so thats 6p off every £1, I dont see how we are not giving to the goverment if anything the ammount of £1s that go through machines a day through me is giving the goverment like £50+ a day!
justice For The 96
RUDE

Post by RUDE »

Whoa!

I was never criticising anyone for doing anything. I, for example, have working mates and I have playing mates (I do seem to be the only overlap!).

I would never criticise players but I suppose I do worry about the future for them. Some of the best players I know have (or still do) work and have a good basis for future employment but some players I know (and others on here no doubt) have no work experience at all.

Someone made a comment about having nothing on their CV and having to work as a cleaner in McD's if fruits become unprofitable. Joking aside, that would, quite frankly, scare the shit out of me!

I've been trying to get my head around the 'tax' issue as, although you are buying things and paying tax, the money had already had tax paid on it by the person who lost it. Not that I care anyway, the government would only waste and tax you paid anyway.

I will agree though, that earning £400pw on fruits is a much more entertaining and flexible way of generating income that working for the same amount. I did, however, find it quite soul-destroying at times (even when winning) and the guy who wrote the essay above hit the nail on the head in my opinion. (loved the annalargy about the swings and climbing frames!).

Anyway, enough from me on the subject, I just wanted to clarify that I wouldn't criticise people for playing but the risk is just too high for me!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

I for one wish i'd never discovered gambling.

Just the look on peoples faces when they ask you where you get your money from is enough to make me want to quit, but doing 5 A levels i don't have time to get a job, got to make what i can, when i can.

I'm too old to get any benefits for being at college, can't claim benefits due to being there, it just highlights the stigma attached to gambling when you can explain that you're doing maths, further maths etc etc and you're going to York/Durham Uni in September and they still think you're a lowlife piece of shit.

But i suppose you do get a siege mentality when you're a gambler almost, you end up being able to live with the fact that people will be looking down on you.

low aspirations

Post by Guest »

If earning £400 a week is your idea of the highlife then you really not aiming high are you?

I take home £3k-£3.5k a month at work - no way I`d have the patience to do that with fruits - although DOND months were sweet

SUEDE IT UP
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

£400 a week is the bare minimum I used as an example to show that no matter what happens in the week I will have at least £400 to my name!

Its possible to make upto £2000 a week and more but its getting very hard atm as all me Power5s and Win stoppers are either being hit everyday by people or are getting the chipolata treatment!

I am not worried atm but I guess in the next few years we will see if the game is coming to an end - I doubt it though!
justice For The 96
PMK

Post by PMK »

Cripes Anfield, just how many p5's and stoppers did you have left????

P5's must be about 100-1 if not more down south and most win stoppers are mccain micro'd.

i think your lying

Post by Guest »

How can you be doing p5`s etc when your on here all the time babbling lies and being a turnip function

jog on, collect a refill key and throw a double to get a fackin life
Stevie S

Re: i think your lying

Post by Stevie S »

TURBOVAMP wrote:How can you be doing p5`s etc when your on here all the time babbling lies and being a turnip function

jog on, collect a refill key and throw a double to get a fackin life
Very good point. You are on here most days Anfield.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Because when I am not away I have a mini area to do around here then come home!

I know of 10 power5s but I cant go to them on my own as they are me mates who I usually meet and see if theres money in them!
justice For The 96