To work or not to work

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

You'll never get more out of life than you put in.

I posted in a rush and didn't explain what I meant properly. What I'm saying is contributing and being a constructive member of society is rewarding. Apart from a two year stint as a pro poker player I've always been in full time work. During that poker time I was trying to get a business off the ground which, if I'd succeeded, I'd have paid tax on that too.

Contributing to society doesn't just mean financially though. We're all cogs in the machine. As well as working I contribute in other healthy ways. I give up several hours a week teaching martial arts for which I take no money for myself. The reward is knowing that I'm contributing to peoples safety. A bit of charity work is good for the soul too.

What I'm saying is, Join in. Trust me, you'll feel better for it.
quizard

Post by quizard »

ChangingStakeCancelsHold wrote:
If, however (as someone has said already), you claim JSA, DLA, HB, CTC's etc AND you play professionaly then, in my opinion, you are the lowest of the low.
DLA has no relationship as to whether you work or not and is not means tested. Entitlement is based entirely on an assesment of your disabilites. If you work, play fruities or are a millionaire is irrelevent.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

[quote]but you can't beat that Friday 'I've finished for the week' feeling. /quote]

Nail + Head = Hit!

I've worked full time ever since I was a day over 16 (12 years back now!) and still manage to have a great amount of social time and live life to the full. I know there 'are' better ways of earning a living than sitting at a desk and earning £17.55 an hour... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
PMK

Post by PMK »

I actually earned 5p an hour more than that when I was just 19!! Still the commuting to Birmingham every week and the fact that the job was just plain dull was enough for me to wave goodbye.

An interesting thread by all acounts, where is TURBOVAMP when you need him?????? He must have some serious thoughts on said subject.

By the way Matt, I thought I read in another post that you were often in Spoons at just after 9am. Shouldn't you be at work by then!!! Cripes you do have it cushy!
RUDE

Post by RUDE »

Actually, I take it all back, I've just watched the budget and all I can say is bollocks!

If you want my advice, give up work, give up fruits, give up driving, give up beer and fags and enjoying life.

Sit at home and breed like fucking rabbits and then, and only then, will you get anything back from this pathetic excuse for a government.

Makes me sick!!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Ive been working since i was about 7 used to go up the golf course finding and selling golf balls with me mate, 30p each or 4 for a quid used to make a good few quid in an hour or two. Beat that.

FOUR :shock:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

ChangingStakeCancelsHold wrote:Actually, I take it all back, I've just watched the budget and all I can say is bollocks!

If you want my advice, give up work, give up fruits, give up driving, give up beer and fags and enjoying life.

Sit at home and breed like fucking rabbits and then, and only then, will you get anything back from this pathetic excuse for a government.

Makes me sick!!
I wouldnt give a squirt of piss for this country anymore. Did you see/hear about that Mr Speaker fella cant think of his name? £25000 expenses :shock: £4000 on taxis. Tax payers money :shock: . the only people who rip us/the country off is the people who run it.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Picture the scene. An unemployed man walks into the Benefits Office and says to the receptionist "I had a win of £100 last week on the Fruit Machines. Does this affect my claim to benefit this week?"
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i hope the conservatives have the good sense to ensure widespread coverage for their response to the budget.

but let's not get into politics.

in other news gordon brown won't be getting a waxwork at madame tussauds. one person who is there is howard from the halifax. :shock:

nobody ever wins on those things.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

that speech by the conservatives just Has got me converted to them. That is the best bollocking i've ever seen a Politician dish out.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i too am a long term full timer (since 2p rat races etc) and dont sign on, i dont take any benefits off the government, but like many can only boast about this because of the lucrative path we have dedicated our lives to.... is it right to look down our noses from our untouchable hights and condemn those that do claim off the state... remember every one is different with different circumstances ,,,,, we may all be in the same boat one day.
we only seem to condemn others when were sitting pretty..... who knows where we will be 5 years from now.?

just my non taxable two cents

ps i too look forward to turbovamps take on the subject. he will probably just call us all suedes though :lol:
Little discipline = BIG issue

jockey

Post by Guest »

You carrot head
Scott

Post by Scott »

i worked for 10 years after leaving school and had always played machines after work and weekends, fell out with my boss and got sacked but knowing iwas making great money on fruits and having a few quid saved up i was in no rush too get another job, its been 3 years now and i've never claimed a penny, all my bills, mortgage [got this before i finished work] gets paid and until it dries up i won't even be looking for a job.
Cobwebs 👆
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Extreme Eddie wrote:i worked for 10 years after leaving school and had always played machines after work and weekends, fell out with my boss and got sacked but knowing iwas making great money on fruits and having a few quid saved up i was in no rush too get another job, its been 3 years now and i've never claimed a penny, all my bills, mortgage [got this before i finished work] gets paid and until it dries up i won't even be looking for a job.
Wish i had that option.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

By the way Matt, I thought I read in another post that you were often in Spoons at just after 9am. Shouldn't you be at work by then!!! Cripes you do have it cushy!
I do overtime on Monday to Thursday, so manage to get most Fridays off! ;) Unless there's something big going on of course, then I save it and have Thursday and Friday off some other week. All good... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."