What would you do?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
RUDE

Post by RUDE »

Job all the way mate. Although i agree with the likes of PMK who say it wont be easy.

I got made redundant from a good job last year and intended to take 3 months off as I would still get paid. I would then start looking for a new job.

But I got back into the fruit-playing lifestyle which is addictive. I wasn't addicted to the fruits or the beer but rather to the freedom and the craic. So my 3 months became 7 as I couldn't imagine getting back into the work routine (up at 7, home at 6 then early night).

Unfortunately (I believe, others may differ) playing will get you eventually. You'll become unhealthy, the gap on your CV will get bigger and bigger and it will become harder and harder to contemplate sitting in an office for 40 hours a week.

Now I've been back in full-time work 4 weeks and I love it . Not the work itself or the early starts but:

- knowing that, if you lose on a fruit, your rent will still get paid.

- You can enjoy your weekends more as they're not "the same as every other day"

-You have a good answer when someone says "what is it you do"

-You can go out and get smashed with a clear concience

-You alliviate A LOT of boredom

-You often share an office with cute girlies :0)

I love the fruit lifestyle but, knowing I couldn't do it forever, I had to get a job and I'm glad I did.

Sorry to share my life story but hope it helps.
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

Thanks guys for your honest thoughts on this, i'm giving my decision on Monday, think I know whats right by the comments and my own thoughts but will let you all know the outcome.
stop the swag.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

my cv reads 16-18 youth training scheme .....then ??????????????????????
now 36
so when it finally catches up with me its no work skills mcdonalds toilet cleaner all the way :D
Little discipline = BIG issue

RUDE

Post by RUDE »

trayhop123 wrote:my cv reads 16-18 youth training scheme .....then ??????????????????????
now 36
so when it finally catches up with me its no work skills mcdonalds toilet cleaner all the way :D
If you're being serious, I see no reason for the " :D " !!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Seriously mate take the job, getting up at 8am 5 days a week will be more than worth it when the other option is telling your GF what you do for a living.

Also if you still fancy a gamble, you can go out weekends and evenings, you could easily make another 10k a year just playing part time.

Getting involved with someone is always an eye opener with regards to gambling, i doubt many serious players are happily married, seems to be a single thing.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

My new missus asked me what I done for 4 months when I didn't have a job, yet bank statements show lots of cash going in. I didn't tell her.

Simply and bluntly, TAKE THE JOB!
Unbelievable Jeff
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Mystery_Plum wrote:LOL Stevie S! Love the sig :)

'I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for your ass right now!'
:lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Go for a part time job instead, at least till the gambling game is done and dusted.
cashino

Post by cashino »

ChangingStakeCancelsHold wrote:Job all the way mate. Although i agree with the likes of PMK who say it wont be easy.

I got made redundant from a good job last year and intended to take 3 months off as I would still get paid. I would then start looking for a new job.

But I got back into the fruit-playing lifestyle which is addictive. I wasn't addicted to the fruits or the beer but rather to the freedom and the craic. So my 3 months became 7 as I couldn't imagine getting back into the work routine (up at 7, home at 6 then early night).

Unfortunately (I believe, others may differ) playing will get you eventually. You'll become unhealthy, the gap on your CV will get bigger and bigger and it will become harder and harder to contemplate sitting in an office for 40 hours a week.

Now I've been back in full-time work 4 weeks and I love it . Not the work itself or the early starts but:

- knowing that, if you lose on a fruit, your rent will still get paid.

- You can enjoy your weekends more as they're not "the same as every other day"

-You have a good answer when someone says "what is it you do"

-You can go out and get smashed with a clear concience

-You alliviate A LOT of boredom

-You often share an office with cute girlies :0)

I love the fruit lifestyle but, knowing I couldn't do it forever, I had to get a job and I'm glad I did.

Sorry to share my life story but hope it helps.
THIS IS THE best reply in my opinion.
Let me add what others haven't- inertia of employment means you build up money for example if redundancy occurs and you have worked for several years you usually get a decent payout if company is decent and solvent. You also build up N.I. Stamp for your FULL state piddle-pension PLUS you have the benefit of the employer paying a contribution into your private company pension. You also get sick-pay if you need an operation,i.e. on your brain for damage caused by excess cigarettes and caffeine.
As people have said your job will never get WORSE over time unless you are a real loser/twat/cunt/ or totally unambitious, and you will almost certainly see promotion and pay increase. As far as machines go we are getting to the point where there will almost certainly be 100% random machines, and your ever-shrinking pub force or board machine method will soon expire.
And this false satisfaction that you are some sort of special person because you earn "more than others (allegedly) for doing something I enjoy on my own terms tax-free money-for-nothing-chicks-for-free-hey aren't-I-good-not-to-be-tied-to-a-job-like-you crap" will leave eventually and make you a better person.
At present you are becoming detached from productive normal people, in a diminishing pool of opportunity, when the pool dries up and you have to rise from the mud and crawl back into normal life, you will find it lonely and difficult, and then sadly realize how much life has passed you by, staring all day at inane flashing glass and wood cabinets, enslaved by their allure......
..........by all means continue being a twerp, but a part-time hobby-twerp outside your respectable full-time job.

P.S. looks like no POSH-Scumbridge derby NEXT YEAR either, as we're going up so will still be at least one league above the Shabbey-Sheissen
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

take the job mate,i can burn your pier in the summer then lol
i got more routes than loreal
now_then

Post by now_then »

I would get the job unless you got really good contacts that tell you all the new emptys. :D
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

Job taken, start monday. Nothing to lose in trying it out, wish me luck!
stop the swag.

mug

Post by Guest »

lol

least youll have more to blow on fruits -addict
pierkid

Re: mug

Post by pierkid »

TURBOVAMP wrote:lol

least youll have more to blow on fruits -addict
What a dick you really are. Admin sort this knobhead out please.

A genuine thread been hi-jacked by him AGAIN!
stop the swag.

nobhead

Post by Guest »

addict munter bitch cunty wunty