What would you do?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
pierkid

What would you do?

Post by pierkid »

Heres my predicament.

Have been offered a full-time job using CAM working 40hrs a week 8am-4.45pm Mon-Fri. So weekends off.
Pay is exactly £12 per hour (£480 a week before tax).

At the moment I am a player who earnt 19.5k cash in hand last year at £14 an hour, hours of work vary but most weekends so 7 days a week for 9 months of the year.

Just met a new bird who dosent know my 'job' at mo but has made me take a look at my life, I'm 29 also.

Opinions please?
stop the swag.
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

I'd take the job and play fruits on a weekend (if your new misses lets you :roll: )

Fruits are are a great income if you know how but the way the industry's going at the moment they won't be for much longer.
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

try the job if you dont like it leave as it might not be offerd it again you still have your weekends to play
PMK

Post by PMK »

The sensible option is to take the job, but I guarantee that after a while having been use to such an ususual life style, the job will start to really piss you off and the clock watching will soon take over your life!!!

Its really hard to work a normal job, when you've been use to 'working' on fruit machines all day.

Yes its guaranteed money at the end of the month, yes people may respect you more, yes the bird will probably think more of you. But working via a 'proper job' really gets you down, besides, most of what you earn ends up back in the governments pockets anyway at least that doesn't happen at the moment or at least not to such an extent.

I am fortunate to be in the position where I can do a bit of both, my father has his own business and we have an agreement where by if it suits us both I can help him out when he's busy and I'm not away/travelling etc. I usually get about 4 - 7 days a month which gives me a few extra quid at the end of the month.

Sometimes, when he's on holiday and I have to run the business for maybe a week or two weeks solid, it really gets on my nerves having to do the 9-5 thing consistently, watching the clock as it gets closer to 5! I've got to do 2 weeks solid starting on Monday and although I enjoy for the short term I couldn't bare it every day of the week for years on end.

Having said all that, take the job mate. If it doesn't work out, at least you've tried. If you're anything like me tho, it will grind you down within a few months and you'll be back on the circuit.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

a year ago i would have said fuck the job, and right now any pro worth his salt is making more than £480 a week ................... however with the rumoured changes in the not to distant future i think i would take the job while you can ..... this may all be game over for all of us soon
Little discipline = BIG issue

JG

Post by JG »

echoed.
TheMission

Post by TheMission »

You already know the correct answer to this question.

Wait till she wants some money for the baby stuff!
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

It may b a decision a lot of us will have 2 make soon
but a personal one...
If u still making as much as u say at the mo
and decide 2 take the job, surely its gonna b in the
back of your mind about the m/c's and the money your
missing out on and the easy lifestyle
Everyone has there own predicaments commitments and
personal lifestyle, just give it a thought, if your thinking of making a
go of your relationship then the guaranteed income (job)
would probably b a wise move......
PS
'wise move' wot bandit was that off?
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Scott

Post by Scott »

connect 4.
Cobwebs 👆
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

Take the job mate, and do a bit of slotting on the weekends. That is definitely the way to go, moneywise and for your future. There's no value during the week where you are anyway - might as well be working and improving yourself instead of chasing winks on GG's with a Force 9 gale blowing into your left ear.

Besides, it's going to be curtains for everyone very soon. All you've got left is 34452650867246076 clones of JTRAR, 95767528374 clones of Red Gamng clones of reglasses of clones, and 89673448932945 Deal or no Deals, cloned into Cops and Robbers and Monopoly.

And the new Gambling Act is making it even worse. No 'flavas' allowed any longer I'm afraid. No creaming a few % off here and there into a pot and dumping over multiple 100% credit breaks. It's all going to be random or very straight-forward boring shite from here on in. 16 weeks maximum for test - so no learning curves or games with a bit of depth.

So good luck in your new job then. You won't regret it :)
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Simple.... Take the job. It firstly offers you a sense of pride and a challenge. MOst ladies will find, playing fruits to be not normal so she might ditch you if she finds out. Fruits are not guranteed for the future whereas a job is mate. Take the job buddy.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Do the job if you dont like it get back to the slots. If she starts hassling you f**k her off.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

LOL Stevie S! Love the sig :)

'I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for your ass right now!'
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

THankfully, fruits aren't a job, so you can come/go as you please!

When I got a job, I was on 18k and which probably matched fruit earnings, and I was playing fruits inbetween and still probably matching my fruit earnings with time management and absolutely no pissing about on fruits because of the time I had. Not hanging around for ANYTHING.

Nowadays I maybe go out once a week if that, Ive lost all motivation for them, I'd say gettinga job is a good way to ween yourself off fruits, and its certainly a good point in the game to do that!
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I would get the job, but after playing bandits all me life whenever I get a job after a week or two I know in my head that I am going to quit soon as I dont like working with poles or pricks!

Also I enjoy playing bandits but im 19 mate so.....
justice For The 96