Am I a bastard?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JakeyC

Am I a bastard?

Post by JakeyC »

Contextually speaking, of course...

Was playing a Gold Rush in the local venue and put about £20 through before getting a £70 red gold rush and £14 from a bit of afterplay.

Rewarded myself with a drink from the bar, and wandered back over to the fruities to try my luck on a DOND.

Meanwhile a semi-chavvy chap has decided to play the Gold rush I just hit, and upon clocking me, asks "Anyone taken much out of this?". The bastard in me replied "Nah, some bloke was playing but didn't get anything...". Not just "No." - I actually invented a bloke who'd lost on it. Bastard moment #1.

The guy gets about £50 into it with very little action (can't think why) and starts doing the whole swearing/kicking/thumping routine that some seem prone to doing. He eventually gave up, and after making sure the coast was clear I hopped back on and got a £35 cashpot from 1st board. Bastard moment #2.

In hopping back on to the Gold rush, I'd had to leave the DOND on which I'd been losing, just as it started to show. Another guy approaches who'd obviously seen me play and asks if I got anything out. The inner bastard replies "yeah, took the mega streak and it's been pretty dead since...". He decided to leave it.
Bastard moment #3.

Switched back to DOND as soon as he'd gone and got the Megastreak (£35) I'd lied about 5 minutes previously. Bastard moment #4.

If I was playing for charity, I'd have told the truth and let Chap #1 keep his money in his pocket, and Chap #2 claim the megastreak I knew was due. But as I'm playing for me, I decided to protect my interests.

Am I a bastard? What would you do? What would Jesus do, for that matter?
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

evryone has to make a living mate! you do what you have to do in this game lol. he wooda done the same..... love it
ob

Post by ob »

if he was a chav then I would have definately done the same. Anyone else it would depend on my mood at the time I suppose.
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Helped an old bloke to £60 profit on the golden game next to the one I was playing this week. I could of definatetly jumped on it after him, but I felt sorry for him - he didn't even know about LES, he was holding then after nudges.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I don't think what you did was too bad - I mean, if the person who lost heavily on the Gold Rush had been a friend or a gorgeous woman, then I'd have intervened and warned them not to bother - but *someone* has to fill these machines back up. If he'd walked up to the machine 5 minutes after you left the pub, he would still have lost the money - but would you have left a note on the machine forewarning him? I doubt it.

On the basis that if everybody stopped the next person from playing after a win, we'd never find a ready machine, anywhere. And that wouldn't be much fun. Also, how many times have you had a big top and thought that must be it - only for the next punter to be offered an excellent win on the very next board while you're playing the machine next door.

This little debate adds value to the 'need for carrying a key' issue - several times I've started playing a machine and some little runt has walked past and said, 'you'll win on that - I've just done my nuts on it and lost heavily..'. Only to find it £104 away upon keying it.

People up and down the country are telling the same little porkies to try and gain an advantage. As long as it doesn't break any laws, it's not the worst thing that could happen.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Aint it great when an unknown loses
BASTARD#1
:twisted:
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

best to keep stum, if you tell someone that a mc is ready ,and they lost on it they might blame you, and vice versa, you cant win with giving any advice to non pro's

i know on occasion we might feel sorry for someone getting cained, but the flipside is it makes our living ,,,,, circle of life an all that
Little discipline = BIG issue

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I would honestley tell nobody nothing......unless i thought they were a player then i might say ive just had it. Otherwise why share the knowledge eh jeff?
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

wheres Jeff?
:lol:
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Reverse Psychology sometimes with some folk. Tell them you've just won the Mega Streak, the player says "I'll try a few quid anyway, thinking you could be bluffing.

Was out slotting the other week, addict Barmaid whose shift finished in 5 minutes shouts out"Don't play that! Someones just dropped £50.". HAD A GO NEVERTHELESS. 1st Pound CLUNK CLINK.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

jeffvickers wrote:Reverse Psychology sometimes with some folk. Tell them you've just won the Mega Streak, the player says "I'll try a few quid anyway, thinking you could be bluffing.

Was out slotting the other week, addict Barmaid whose shift finished in 5 minutes shouts out"Don't play that! Someones just dropped £50.". HAD A GO NEVERTHELESS. 1st Pound CLUNK CLINK.
many a times me also
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

evennnnnnin mart
Little discipline = BIG issue

Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

spoons last night
was quite happily watching two lads on wiyb.
was quite happy when they watched me rip 39 out 3 in 4 mins tops and didnt have a clue what i did or how i did it. got to next mc there back on wiyb ten mins lates ripped again for ss + phones. they watched me win but still tried it again.
TRAPPED!
darren

Post by darren »

LOL gota laugh at some folk, me ripping a pot obv followed by a £14 turbo win on a hells bells i had seen no one playing (10 ready, of course)

Then i battle a KKC which they had apparently also played, jester streak happy and full from £10, £25+rpt offered from the top zone, nah says i, £15 in. £14 more for the 'king streak' which goes for, suprisingly :roll: £30, which goes back in, KS, £25, of which 15 goes back in, took the £25 repeat on which i am almost sure was a hidden IM with repeat. Tip, the £25+rpt has never NOT repeated for me on 3 attempts.

Someone please refresh my memory, the hidden IM is 4 clear loops or 2?

Anyway as i left, sniping bastard echoed in the distance, being on my own (and 4 guys stood behind me), £40 odd up i left contently with a snigger :wink: