Best selling AWP ?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

:shock: that earlier post on here has got to be ....... the looooonnnnngggggeeeeessssstttttt post eva :shock:
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

On the longest post ever. LOL What a pity it is a fairytale. No accounts for 2006, check with Companies House. Facts are what makes the world go around. The fact is that Danoptra is insolvent. It is asking its lenders to forgo loads of money in order they survive. Its a close call at the moment but the odds are shortening on an administration.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

borgcontact4 wrote:On the longest post ever. LOL What a pity it is a fairytale. No accounts for 2006, check with Companies House. Facts are what makes the world go around. The fact is that Danoptra is insolvent. It is asking its lenders to forgo loads of money in order they survive. Its a close call at the moment but the odds are shortening on an administration.
The accounts are taken from their website, and they would not be filed at companies house as the audit is still to be completed.
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

As I said fairytale. Danoptra have published numerous figures in the past and most have changed. Putting stuff on the web site is not normal. They know the results and the audit is complete. it is not being signed off due to the adverse position which was shown in the last accounts, although not qualified they were at great pains to say that if new finance did not appear then trading as a going concern would be impossible to reconcile.
In other words they are broke and need new money. Sobering thought as Danoptra have lost over 300 million and have never made a profit , ever ,ever, ever. My company is a supplier to Bell fruit and all knows what is going on there.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

borgcontact4 wrote:As I said fairytale. Danoptra have published numerous figures in the past and most have changed. Putting stuff on the web site is not normal. They know the results and the audit is complete. it is not being signed off due to the adverse position which was shown in the last accounts, although not qualified they were at great pains to say that if new finance did not appear then trading as a going concern would be impossible to reconcile.
In other words they are broke and need new money. Sobering thought as Danoptra have lost over 300 million and have never made a profit , ever ,ever, ever. My company is a supplier to Bell fruit and all knows what is going on there.
Doesn't sound too good for them then, and the figures look pretty dire before the audit. Although would I be right in saying if it went into administration the profitable parts of the business would be sold off as a going concern? I imagine Bellfruit would have no problems finding a buyer in this respect.

Also realised you said the 2006 accounts were not filed as well... that’s almost a year overdue, but I can't check that as companies house direct is down for maintenance.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Barry Trotter wrote:
gambogaz1 wrote:Mattb with his unbelievable luck jumps straight in with the correct answe
They also reckon they've fot over 10,000 Video AWP's sited around the country & that it's going up month by month :(
They've got nowhere near this many - and nor has anyone else! Video AWP's are still in there infancy. There are afew hundred Juice cabinets out, about 150 Infiniti's, a good few hundred Players and a very small number of the BFG version whose name currently escapes me - but its rubbish anyway...

Video AWP's are the future... whether they are the "near" future is a completely different question :shock:
They've been clever with the wording. The article was talking about Video AWP's but 10,000 includes digital Jukeboxes.

"The Group is excited about the opportunity offered by the evolution of the market from the traditional analogue reel based based gaming product to a digital or video based product managed over a remote network.

This evolution will allow us to deliver a step change in gaming experience to the end user, as multiple games, targeting multiple consumer groups, can be offered from one gaming machine, increasing gaming revenues and further benefiting the retailer and ourselves on the back of lower operating costs.

The Danoptra Gaming Group’s background as the leading manufacturer and operator of analogue gaming machines gives it the knowledge, credibility and capability to fully exploit the future market opportunity offered by digital network based gaming.

The Group has been at the forefront of this technological change for some time now, with both video based product and networked product.

As at October 2007 we have approaching 10,000 video based machines and Digital Juke Boxes already deployed in the marketplace with the number growing month by month.

Close to 20 per cent of our existing machines are already networked into our Midas remote product management service. Our capabilities in this area will be further developed over the next six months with the introduction of new network capability.

Building on this success to date and to further capitalise on the Digital opportunity the Group, through Gamestec, is focusing on a “best of breed” strategy for its customers, offering access to an extensive range of digital cabinets coupled with gaming content from Danoptra Gaming Group companies and third party partners.

The development will enable the Group to step change its offering, through the provision of a greater choice of cabinets deploying gaming content from across the industry, backed up by exceptional service, to its customers and ultimately to their customers as well, the end users of our games.

At the same time as all this technologically driven change is taking place, Gamestec will continue to offer both leading products and service in other non digital product areas such as Pool, where we see continued opportunities for business growth with our suppliers and customers"
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

[quote]They've been clever with the wording. The article was talking about Video AWP's but 10,000 includes digital Jukeboxes.

You said it, clever with their word. Words come cheap, profits don't and as Danoptra have never NEVER made a profit it is odds on they will perish in the present marketplace. BTW they say digital, that includes all their SWP terminals, Jukeboxes, FOBT's and VAWP's. IBN has over 24,000 Itboxes alone deployed in the market and have 17,000 VAWPs scheduled along with 5000 Bingo terminals for GALA, and even they seem to be in trouble as even their business is not profitable. Accounts filed for Inspired Gaming on AIM.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

na your all wrong

SHIFFTER
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Video AWP's are in ther infancy.

Well ACE made a four reel video AWP in about 1978 called Sidewinder.
Come on you Royals
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Pro Grammar XVIII wrote:Video AWP's are in ther infancy.

LOL
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Pro Grammar XVIII wrote:Video AWP's are in ther infancy.

I lurved that machine, used to absolutely shit myself when gambling from £1 to £2.

Firecracker FTW. Once you got the gamble up to the JP it could hold squillions of times.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

ps

There was a 2p video roulette machine around 1980 also which was useless on 70% payout. Imagine betting red and it span in one in three times.
Come on you Royals
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Pro Grammar XVIII wrote:ps

There was a 2p video roulette machine around 1980 also which was useless on 70% payout. Imagine betting red and it span in one in three times.
seems an inprovement on fobts
JG

Post by JG »

Lol - just what I was going to say! I can't remember the video roulette. I remember Sidewinder, but wowser - video roulette?
grandslam88

Re: Best selling AWP ?

Post by grandslam88 »

gambogaz1 wrote:Over the last 10 years which machine do you reckon is the best seller ?

p.s yes i do have the official answer.
PCB and TOT has to be up there ?