agora arcades- shame...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ob

agora arcades- shame...

Post by ob »

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention how sick this branch of arcades is... this includes cash city, agora, atlantis, moretons...

The machines are ALWAYS on rock bottom percentages, on the worst possible programs, and often refill...

Here's some personal experience...

big cheese I'd say 100+ forces, no streak...(most of these times was full)
royle family regularly costing £20+ for a board, barcode non-existant
loads of chipped austin powers..

and a new one, today, admitedly it was my stupid fault for playing it in the first place, a mazooma dancing fruits (or something), looks a bit like the bfm lotech crazy fruits, was full and clearly not refill(no other machines full, heard the cash down there), yet £100 for a board, which gave £7. From then on it gave a few boards which were £7-11 every time, ended up £150ish down after having no win over an £11 board. Clearly the percentage on something like this is way under 70%, infact the emulated one nearly always gave £25 on the feature, yet this one was 90% £7.

oh and as a final point, I once played a crazy fruits in a moretons which was full, and the woman working there was constantly going on about how she knew I was a player etc.etc. just generally talking shite, and this machine absolutely raped me (awful percentage/program no doubt), infact at one point she says to me...

"If you empty it, you're out the door, that's how we do things here"

Just an absolutely sick chain... beware.... (sure all london players know this already!)
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

I don't play in arcades, full stop.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

were can these arcades be found?
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

There is only one good use for arcades these days and thats to stock up on pound coins - change £60 of notes, spend a solitary £1 coin and off you toddle.
pat624

Post by pat624 »

The AGORAS round here in west london are open 24 hours.....still shit though!

Pat
ob

Post by ob »

pat624 wrote:The AGORAS round here in west london are open 24 hours.....still shit though!

Pat
yeh most of them are.... they are just complete rip offs though, they dont want you to stand a hope in hell of winning, just want your money asap..
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

not in hastings then?
ob

Post by ob »

thecannonball89 wrote:not in hastings then?
when I recently frequented hastings all the arcades were owned by moretons, which is a branch of agora, incidentally there was about 100 extremes and crest hitechs that were completely burnt there :P
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

no disrespect m8 but if you done 100 forces on an arcade big cheese ??? sort of says it all
fool me once shame on you
fool me 100 times shame on me
PMK

Re: agora arcades- shame...

Post by PMK »

ob wrote:
big cheese I'd say 100+ forces, no streak...(most of these times was full)
royle family regularly costing £20+ for a board, barcode non-existant
loads of chipped austin powers..
Funny that cos I smashed the RF in Watford agora not that long ago, staff seemed friendly didn't seem to mind. Maybe i was just lucky?

Many arcades have to go down the route you mention, simply because unless your either showboat or another chain then the business is a dying breed, not surprising when you consider the value for money the average punter could get in your standard arcade........

What should we play? Converted S16's - Grand loss in 5 hrs? How about BAR - X/clones on £35. Numerous £60+ patches not even a single win? Hi tecs? - Do they still exist in arcades? Yes but they will be burnt? Its a joke.
ob

Post by ob »

trayhop123 wrote:no disrespect m8 but if you done 100 forces on an arcade big cheese ??? sort of says it all
fool me once shame on you
fool me 100 times shame on me
it gives the golden hold easy enough, usually costs under £25 to get it, please if you don't know what you are talking about keep it shut eh...
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

i love agoras
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

every time been in em foreign staff and absolutely no interest in whats happening
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ob ,,i did put no disrespect ,,,,,m8 but come on be honest, im 36 been doing this since before 2p ratraces etc,, now dont get me wrong i occasionally check the odd arcade whilst passing for a chuggy x etc( sorry to infringe on your copyright chuggy name mr gloves lol) but 97% of my profit comes from pubs, not many days i go home with less than 200,,,,,, and big cheese was good in its day in busy pubs,,,,,, ill grant you ,,,,,,,,,,but 100 forces and you havent learned to stay away????? even if you say you usually get it off less than a jacky ,,,, which is hard to believe in a wank percentage agora??..........we could argue the toss all day but can you not see how many hours you have wasted, hours that could be spent on decent pub fruitys,,,,, the only people that make semi decent money in arcades are those that sit sharking with a coffee waiting with great control and disaplin,,,,,,,,,,and they dont make a third of the money the rest of us do.......so back to my original post i did say no disrespect but do yourself a favour and let it go. if your honest without it streaking you have lost more on it overall than won on it.........

ps i made 320 today so wake up or smell the big chesesssss up to you
JG

Post by JG »

£320. That's good going. Over £100 is acceptable. £200 is solid. £300/day is a little but nice. £400+ tends to suggest a very good method.

Now pubs can be great. Pubs also have had a lot of negative press on here recently. Last summer's adventures got me back into the pub side of things, with arcades being my normal residence. When things have been bleak in the arcade, I've gone on a pub run and pulled the goods out the bag. However the flip side is that every good machine is turning into Monopoly Hot Property or Cops 'n Robbers. It's not much fun going in to buy a pint to play a Rovers with jackpot on the line, a bloop clinging onto any remaining value and a Monopoly hot Property which lights up £24.90+repeat.....oooh no repeat when you pop in a quid. Then there are the stories of hyperparanoid landlords...yet to meet any of those (touch wood) and as Blackmogu says......the tramps in Spoons. In my local Spoons they are all Irish tramps and they must get there at 6am in the morning, because arrive at 9am and it feels like they've already superglued themselves to the tables. As you play the ????? you get the familiar resonance of 'arse', 'feck' and once again 'arsefeckarse'. Gawd only knows what shit they find to talk amongst themselves for all day in the pub, but it's a constant resonance, or headache. Occassionally you get the odd 'feckarseladfeckmoneyfeckingslotmachinefeckarsewasteofmoneyarsefeck' that floats about in the air around your ears as you get the Mega Streak off £5. Then it's 'arsefeckwinningallthefeckinmoneyfeckarsejammyleckyfeckyarsefuckerluckfuckarse'. I just wish they'd fuck off and mind their own business, rather than inflicting the rest of us with their self righteous opinionated Blarney guff.

Then at 9:05, Motorgob pops in.

"Yeah!!! Innnit?!? Alright Geez!! Wassup??! Just spent the night in the cells aintI? Yeah - just had jackpot on that......whassat? Got it again......SWEET! Innit??? Lend us a quid.....Wish I'd stayed on it now. That should repeat.......ah fucking bastard innit.,.....lend us a bluey...."

Then at 9:10, Ratboy and his missus and possibly some of the other motley crew will pop in and play some game on the Itbox that affords hours of playing time for 2p. Should any fool lose more than £1.50 in any one consecutive go on a fruit machine, then they will use their dole fuel to chase the 78% of value out of the machine using no skill other than skanking around like a load of spongers.

Then at 9:15 Super Swinburn will pop in with a face reflective of ten lifetime's abuse of Crystal Meth. A face that makes Gordon Ramsey look like king of Botox, he'll sidle up to you within 2 micrometers of your face.
"'scuse me...can you lend me a fag?"
Yes I can. I charge a rate of interest of two fags per day.
This is annoying territory. The answer is of course no. If you want to make it interesting, a lecture about NHS cost due to COPD sufferers is always a chuckle, that results in threats of violence. It's only for his own good. Usually you have to end up physically kicking him away from you and he'll topple into an Irish tramp who'll tell him to 'feckarsearsefeckoffyoufeckingarsegobshitearsefeck' and an interesting argument should ensue that doesn't involve me. Motormouth will propably pipe up somewhere along the line. Ratboy and his cliquey chav wierd mates will keep an eye on things as they play DOND Small Blues on the Itbox. Strangely enough the top prize value on the 50p game of £5 is, in the actual game of DOND a SMALL BLUE.

At 9:20, I'll realise that at 9:02 I was about £30 up, but now somehow I'm £3 up in all the confusion. Maybe it was a hundred billion losing gambles to 8 on that Games Media, or a hole in the pocket, or some kind of etherical osmotic principle whereby my money has gone to a crystal meth dealer or something. Probably that £16 board on Monopoly.

Repeat times ten for a £30 profit and a sore head and an aching feeling that really you should be spending time quaffing cavier and champing down champangne and champignons, not swapping banter with Swinburns and Motorgobs.

Yeah occassionally you go WHOOSH!! BANG!!! FOOKINLUVINIT!!! WOOHAAA! YEEEHAAA! BLOOPMEUP!!!! WOOOP!! and BOOOM!!! It's red this, mega streak that, prise that, spawn this, stupidly ready that, buzzing like a buzzy bee this, oh my God I haven't seen it do that since it was released on test at 98% payout, let's try this piece of shit.....oh my goodness £10 off a £1. I reckon it's an eccentric billionaire who goes around deliberately losing on everything and refilling machines that have been tooled. I've seen him, he gets his key and you can hear clunk, clunk as it starts backing. This was tooled for £230 earlier on today, they haven't got a clue, but I'm bunging an extra £300 in the cashbox for them. Did you play that Cleudo? Yeah the one which boosted to red Mega Streak off £1? Yeah, that was me. It's hard work this. I've got to juice up that Cleudo again now. There are so many sets of players. I was in Woking last week. I had to lose £100 in it three times before ten. It gives me a great feeling. Here have some £50 notes.

So trayhop you must be playing something or somewhere which is bloomin' good, but a pretty much guaranteed £200/day from pubs? This actually equates to.....

i) "I have an emptier/very useful method"
ii) "I drive long distances and have to suffer looks of disgust as I order soft drinks from the bar"

Especially in February the SLOWest and SHORTest (thankfully) month of the year. The only month when a certain part timer expects a sub 2k income from things.