SEPT 1ST!!!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
wildcat

SEPT 1ST!!!

Post by wildcat »

Is this true wot ive heard and read, that there will be no "traditonal fruits" in pubs after this date!! if its true , i cant see many pubs etc makin any thing from these"new" video screen ones. Theyve already lost a fair bit with the smoking ban.y can't the government just leave things the way they are!
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

If it is the case I'm going to miss the free lager money :(
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

No it's not true. Ask yourself Why would manufacturers still be designing and releasing AWP's knowing that they'll be redundant come September 1st.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

why would they be redundant?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

pokerpete wrote:why would they be redundant?
The bookies No longer have them, Most arcades have got rid of them for Lo tec,B3 e.t.c, Food places/taxi ranks are being phased out so that only leaves pubs. If they go then your left with Service stations & Train stations.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
flashback

Post by flashback »

Video machines might be a success might not, only time will tell on that one.. never know theres every possibility something half-playable might appear on one at some point.. lol They certainly wont vanish from pubs for a while yet.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

gambogaz1 wrote:
The bookies No longer have them, Most arcades have got rid of them for Lo tec,B3 e.t.c, Food places/taxi ranks are being phased out so that only leaves pubs. If they go then your left with Service stations & Train stations.
'only' leaves pubs. that's not many machines is it?

AWPs aren't going away, they'll just be controlled slightly differently in time.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

pokerpete wrote:
gambogaz1 wrote:
'only' leaves pubs. that's not many machines is it?
You've lost me there pete :?
I was saying that if they're banned from pubs they'll be redundant ?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

who said they're going to be banned from pubs?

my issue with your post was that, even if they were going to be removed from pubs in september, manufacturers would still be making them now.
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

I sent one of them revelation jobbies to playersheaven about this, lets see what they say?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

pokerpete wrote:who said they're going to be banned from pubs?

my issue with your post was that, even if they were going to be removed from pubs in september, manufacturers would still be making them now.
Thats what the original post was about. "traditional machines" no longer in pubs after september 1st.
Why would manufacturers continue making machines if they new the market for them was going to virtually disappear in 7 months?
Surely they'd be spending all there time and resources making whatever new product this so called september 1st change is bringing.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

and I'm saying that after september 1st, the fruit machines will still be there.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

and I think you agree with me.

BUT you're saying that's proven by the fact AWPs are still being made. What I'm saying is that even if the OP was right, manufacturers would still be making AWPs, knowing that they'd be redundant after september (which they won't)
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Thats settled that then. :D
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

lets just hope that many of the larger brewerys ect realise that the majority of people dont like change and they do keep cat 3 m/c's in there pubs. I for one wouldn't like playing these new ones in a pub, when you've grown up with the m/c's the way they are now and things change ,it causes loss in profits,... maybe :|