numbnuts

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
chrissyboy1

numbnuts

Post by chrissyboy1 »

ok just a rant. obviously fruit machines are fun. the bright lights, the noise, the thrilll bla bla. but seriously why not invest your money in bonds or shares or sumthing. at least thats rational gambling. its getting scary when u go into pubs and you see that they are getting rid of fruit machines with these shitty quiz machines. everyone knows about them nowadays. theres too much competition and there all left dead. allow
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

In a morning, I can have a £20 start, and go home with £100 at the end of the day.
It will take maybe 5 years to make £100 off a £20 investment in stocks and shares.
cashino

Post by cashino »

jeffvickers wrote:In a morning, I can have a £20 start, and go home with £100 at the end of the day.
It will take maybe 5 years to make £100 off a £20 investment in stocks and shares.
And to point out the obvious glaring omission in Vickers' post, the fact that only a FEW of his 20-quids will ever turn to 100-quids by evening, and the fact that ALL of your 20-quids would rise if invested wisely!

It may be worth pointing out that footballers like Merson for Arsenal went down the gambling route and have a mere house and a few quid left of their millions to show for it. Footballers like Liverpool's Fowler bought tens of houses with their wages and now have property holdings worth tens-of-millions, as have others who invested money in property consortiums and stocks.

When the England squad stopped in Dubai a couple of years ago for 2 days, 11 of the squad bought those new villas on the artificial 'Palm Reef' development.
The two types on offer, one for 385k and one for 600k (Owen got cheaper one, Joe Cole Beckham and Neville got dearer options) are now going for 3+ and 5+ million respectively.
That same week, Eidur Gudjonssen of Chelsea, revealed he had lost 290k that month gambling.

Who are the wise owls, and who are the stupid potty-mouths?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

owens a mad gambler as well though just earns more than some so can afford to do both
dav777

Post by dav777 »

As i have always said, the only certain way to make money from gaming machines is to have the keys, its a no brainer. :)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

for those that interested gov prem bonds are no gamble. its a prize draw each month at absolutely no risk to your investment, the money won can be used to top up your invested amount. to a max of 30k. after 30k you get sent a cheque each month for the amount of your winnings, you can go 3 months sometime without a prize, and other months get 6 prizes through your door,.............in my first full year of a full 30k investment ,i made 1600quid nov06 to nov07. the only real gamble is weather or not you could have made more in a high intest bank account or suchlike??????................ but then you woulnt get that chalie bucket sweaty palm golden ticket feeling you get of anticipation when opening that bond envelope tha just hit ya doormat ......hope this helps others who are sitting on a fence
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

cashino wrote:
jeffvickers wrote:In a morning, I can have a £20 start, and go home with £100 at the end of the day.
And to point out the obvious glaring omission in Vickers' post, the fact that only a FEW of his 20-quids will ever turn to 100-quids by evening, and the fact that ALL of your 20-quids would rise if invested wisely!

It may be worth pointing out that footballers like Merson for Arsenal went down the gambling route and have a mere house and a few quid left of their millions to show for it. Footballers like Liverpool's Fowler bought tens of houses with their wages and now have property holdings worth tens-of-millions, as have others who invested money in property consortiums and stocks.

When the England squad stopped in Dubai a couple of years ago for 2 days, 11 of the squad bought those new villas on the artificial 'Palm Reef' development.
The two types on offer, one for 385k and one for 600k (Owen got cheaper one, Joe Cole Beckham and Neville got dearer options) are now going for 3+ and 5+ million respectively.
That same week, Eidur Gudjonssen of Chelsea, revealed he had lost 290k that month gambling.

Who are the wise owls, and who are the stupid cunts?
Well, Cashino. A glaring ommision on your part, I don't earn £50,000 a week or more to invest. I make about £300 playing PW.

Anyway, 90% here are fucking wannabe students/compulsives.
I'll take some critisism. Who gives a F***. I'm at the next level from you City and Guilds typers.

If I earned this money, I would probably invest wisely
JG

Post by JG »

Come on, come on, Cashino knows his beans and he brings some colour to the board. AAAAARRRRGGGH!! Someone has just shone a laser hopper dumper in my eye - cut that out! What's that song on the radio? Ah it's Travis...."That's Driftnet floating through the webspace...."

£300 pw.....uffft, come on, you can do better than that Mr. Vickers. Lay off those Quid Vicious machines.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

http://www.driftnet.com/ Story number eight ages me about 95 years old :D
Come on you Royals
barneybear

Post by barneybear »

Some interesting posts, i have 3 points...

1) If i knew anything about stocks and shares, i may have a dabble, but as it is, fruit m/c's are my limit so i'll just stick to my funtime playtime thanks!

2) Think 'Fuck wits' is probably a bit offensive as a title, presumably being aimed at everyone on here as members of a FRUIT MACHINE FORUM. (Like yourself)

3) I play for fun, but im sure there are loads of ppl that get by. Unlike the people that are losing millions as two of the worlds 'super powers' are reaching a point of financial CRISIS!
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

trayhop123 wrote:for those that interested gov prem bonds are no gamble. its a prize draw each month at absolutely no risk to your investment, the money won can be used to top up your invested amount. to a max of 30k. after 30k you get sent a cheque each month for the amount of your winnings, you can go 3 months sometime without a prize, and other months get 6 prizes through your door,.............in my first full year of a full 30k investment ,i made 1600quid nov06 to nov07. the only real gamble is weather or not you could have made more in a high intest bank account or suchlike??????................ but then you woulnt get that chalie bucket sweaty palm golden ticket feeling you get of anticipation when opening that bond envelope tha just hit ya doormat ......hope this helps others who are sitting on a fence
I have just started with premium bonds, i bought £1k initially and now buy £200 a month.

Been doing it for about 4 months and not won owt yet though :roll:
darcle

Post by darcle »

Ive got £1000 of premium bonds and ive won £50 in 2 1/2 years. My dad on the other hand has got £30,000 and has won at least £100 every month or 2 for the last 3 years. I mainly use the money invested there as a safe place to keep it until i have enough to buy a house and that can help with the mortgage so i dont mind if i win or not. Really i think it depends what you want from an investment, a guaranteed payback every month or just somewhere safe to keep your money that could possibly earn a bit but will not lose anything.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

the odds of wining a prize on the premium bonds is 24thousand to 1.......or so it says on there website. so you need to buy 24grands worth minimum if you want a reasonable chance of getting a prize each month...............i have the max of 30k however and stil dont allways get a cheque each month...............some months you get nowt other months you get 3 cheques...still worth the investment if you have the means if only for no loss chaliebucket syndrome i mentioned earlier
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

trayhop123 wrote:the odds of wining a prize on the premium bonds is 24thousand to 1.......or so it says on there website. so you need to buy 24grands worth minimum if you want a reasonable chance of getting a prize each month...............i have the max of 30k however and stil dont allways get a cheque each month...............some months you get nowt other months you get 3 cheques...still worth the investment if you have the means if only for no loss chaliebucket syndrome i mentioned earlier
I think that it has changed to 21,000 to one mate.

http://www.nsandi.com/products/pb/rates.jsp
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

could be matt im not certain