Favourite AWP's of all time?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
wokingjames

Favourite AWP's of all time?

Post by wokingjames »

1. Star prize, or something the jackpot symbols were 3 cheque books and pens, a cahs scale on the left which gave a good indication of how good the board was and the ? marks were a case of hi-loing on a dice reel, had a habit of spinning in the JP at random.

2. Arabian Nights (and clones). Once you got the JP it almost always streaked. The nudge spinner was a great JP earner.

3. PCB. need I say more?

4 Ooh a dracula: Another one which was great for streaking.

5. Road Hog

6. Monopoly R to R: Controversial choice but this machine has been very good to me (touch wood!)

7. Great Escape

8. Each way nudger (a very old 5p machine)

9. Some barcrest one which was a holiday based machine, you kept losing if your passport was expired but a great machine none the less

10. PP and clones: Now that a know the wild cheat these are great machines!
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

Wat a joke,who told this mickey mouse munting noob how 2 do panther n clones?
i got more routes than loreal
wokingjames

Post by wokingjames »

pickareel wrote:Wat a joke,who told this mickey mouse munting noob how 2 do panther n clones?

Dry your eyes theres only one m.c on this island anyway!
Nixxy

Re: Favourite AWP's of all time?

Post by Nixxy »

wokingjames wrote:9. Some barcrest one which was a holiday based machine, you kept losing if your passport was expired but a great machine none the less
It was called Fun In The Sun, I do believe. You got onto the feature board by getting 3 aeroplanes in view :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
wokingjames

Post by wokingjames »

Nixxy wrote:
wokingjames wrote:9. Some barcrest one which was a holiday based machine, you kept losing if your passport was expired but a great machine none the less
It was called Fun In The Sun, I do believe. You got onto the feature board by getting 3 aeroplanes in view :)
Yeah your right but it was numbers to get on though the more numbers you got the better it was as you could get through customs automatically!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

wokingjames wrote:
Nixxy wrote:
Yeah your right but it was numbers to get on though the more numbers you got the better it was as you could get through customs automatically!
I should point out that there were two Barcrests like this: They both had the 'metal detector' early on the feature board (an easy skill stop between the red and green lights). I think the earlier version (very old now) may have had the numbers on the reels, it may even have had a different name.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong ;)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
wokingjames

Post by wokingjames »

Nixxy wrote:
wokingjames wrote:
Nixxy wrote: It was called Fun In The Sun, I do believe. You got onto the feature board by getting 3 aeroplanes in view :)
I should point out that there were two Barcrests like this: They both had the 'metal detector' early on the feature board (an easy skill stop between the red and green lights). I think the earlier version (very old now) may have had the numbers on the reels, it may even have had a different name.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong ]

Very old indeed but probably on 5p a play in some arcade in Tenby!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

wokingjames wrote:
Nixxy wrote:
wokingjames wrote: Yeah your right but it was numbers to get on though the more numbers you got the better it was as you could get through customs automatically!

The older one had a £5, possibly £8 Jackpot when I last played it - more than 10 years ago in a run-down chip shop.
wokingjames

Post by wokingjames »

Nixxy wrote:
wokingjames wrote:
Nixxy wrote: I should point out that there were two Barcrests like this: They both had the 'metal detector' early on the feature board (an easy skill stop between the red and green lights). I think the earlier version (very old now) may have had the numbers on the reels, it may even have had a different name.

The older one had a £5, possibly £8 Jackpot when I last played it - more than 10 years ago in a run-down chip shop.
Yeah thats sounds right a chippy in Tenby which is run down!!
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

I think it's called Viva espania or something like that.

A trail to #8, a bonus at #4 and a nudge at #7, feature entry at #9 with another 3 spots after giving bonuses like skipping passport control?
It was an all time classic, our local pub used to have one 20p play on £8 JP.
CARDSHARK007

RED HOT POKER

Post by CARDSHARK007 »

DOES ANY 1 REMEMBER THESE THEN HAHAHA!! I AM GOING BACK 15 YEARS AGO OR SO WHEN I WASNT REALLY A PL8R! I CAN CATEGORICALLY TELL EVERY 1 NOW, I WAS THE 1ST EVER PERSON 2 DO THESE LOL! COMPLETE EMPTY AS SOON AS U GET A £3/£4.80/THEN EVENTUALLY CONVERTED TO A £6(tokens at the time).
IF ANY 1 EVER FOUND OUT/DONE THESE LET ME KNOW.
BUT MY GUESS IS NO 1 WILLRESPOND 2 THIS!
WELL THATS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE..
CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT THEY HELD IN THE HOPPER NOW COME 2 THINK OF IT, QUITE A BIT THO IF I REMEMBER RITE :lol:
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Duty free was another one in the series.

Quality machines.

There's at least another 1 or 2 clones that arent mentioned here, and a couple of other companies made clones too that were crap.

Ps. still got a £4.80 viva espana local to me :D , it's quality, so old the middle nudge button doesnt work lol.
Martal~Wombat.

Post by Martal~Wombat. »

....Didnt Ace make a clone with a 'mountain range' theme?
....Many moons ago
:?
One day you're the pigeons.....
...the next day you're the statues!!
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

Martal~Wombat. wrote:....Didnt Ace make a clone with a 'mountain range' theme?
....Many moons ago
On the Piste, and also Golden Mile.
Martal~Wombat.

Post by Martal~Wombat. »

Mystery_Plum wrote:
Martal~Wombat. wrote:....Didnt Ace make a clone with a 'mountain range' theme?
....Many moons ago
On the Piste, and also Golden Mile.
on the piste, that's the 1!
:wink:
One day you're the pigeons.....
...the next day you're the statues!!