doom doom and gloom sep 1 2008?????

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
dav777

Post by dav777 »

All technology moves on, it is only a matter of time before all reel machines go the way of the skip,
It wont be overnight but a flat screen machine that you can alter to any machine without the need for physically changing the whole cabinet will be a massive saving for operators.
May not benefit some players unfortunately.....
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

I hate to tell you this but i very much doubt anyone will employ you now.

Unless it is for a window cleaning job or perhaps cleaning like you mention.

I didnt work for over year and found it very difficult to get back into the trade that I had worked in.

Things would probably be easier for you if you had been in jail the last 11years and at least you would have been able to learn a trade.
Martal~Wombat.

Post by Martal~Wombat. »

..........Could always hand your application form in at mcdonalds
they give a good staff discount beings thats the sole
food a slotter eats anyhow!!!!!
One day you're the pigeons.....
...the next day you're the statues!!
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

You can always start your own business with the money you have won.
quizard

Post by quizard »

jeffvickers wrote:You can always start your own business with the money you have won.
That is a lot easier said than done Jeff. There is a big difference between doing a bit of trading on eBay for extra money and trying to set up a proper business that will provide you with an adequate income for the indefinite future. 90% of new business startups fail.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i did start this thread by saying "" if rumours are to be true"" it might not happen . but lets look at the evidence, firstly since the smoking ban the pub trade has been hit considerbly,,,,,,,, the average board price for joe public has gone up from 3-5 quid to what 7quid on average ,and on any of the flat profile bfm clones that means 2 moves dead and thats gotta put old joe off, lastly think about it , rng have less moving parts ,which meens less repairs needed and less mechanics needed,,,,,,,,as someone else stated they can put as many diffrent fruitys into one terminal, the companys know that the pub trade needs a shot in the arm. I didnt go to the recent trade show but iff you have read some of the posts on here most people have said other than new dond clones there was very little to speak of in awp's and last and most importantly *********THEY GET TO BLOW US LOT OUT********
it may not happen overnight , we may have a few months of stragelers after september but dont nobody kid themselves its on its way,,,,,,,so rape em for all there worth NOW
dav777

Post by dav777 »

trust me, I am in the mobile awp business, these machines will vanish, not overnight but soon, newer machines are required under law, but the mobile sites like me will hang on to them as long as possible.
The oldest machines i have are amongst the most played....
cashino

Post by cashino »

dav777 wrote:trust me, I am in the mobile awp business, these machines will vanish, not overnight but soon, newer machines are required under law, but the mobile sites like me will hang on to them as long as possible.
The oldest machines i have are amongst the most played....
Was in large Wetherspoons for 3 hours last night. 600+ people and there were 5 machines. 4 not touched, two lads put a few quid in Gold Rush for 5 mins, otherwise NOT played. Just about sums it up I think!
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Hmmm every spoons i have ever been in machines get played all time.
TheMission

Re: doom doom and gloom sep 1 2008?????

Post by TheMission »

trayhop123 wrote:well if rumors are to be true then this question has been answered for us. the rumour states that as of sep 1st 08 all manus must cease production of cat c machines (thats everything we play) to be replaced by rng bandits.
Then the 'rumours' is complete bollocks. That will always be a classic Fleetwood Mac album :)
JG

Post by JG »

'Feature' machines will always be around. They're far more entertaining than the boring spin, spin, spin, do f all else, spin, spin machines. The only reason people play these 'boring' machines is because the jackpots are higher.

THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE:

Put a £10/play £500 jackpot Duff Beer Guide next to a Cms £10/play £500 section 16 (ok, I know they don't strictly exist) and the cashbox takings from the Duff Beer Guide will outstrip those from the Haunted House providing they're both on the same percentage.

Why? Despite the TFT screen and bells and whistles, gameplay is a big factor in determining what people play. Strip away the jackpot disadvantage and the only reason anyone would play the Haunted House is because they're incontinent and they might leak somewhat looking up the reels for lines.

Elvis/rainbow Riches etc etc BOoooootiful graphics and presentation, can't fault 'em. Piss pooor shit flippin' boring gameplay.

Slot machines used to be the most accessible form of gambling. Now they're not so much now because of on line gambling, FOBT etc

That doesn't mean they'll be scrapped all together, I think we've had enough gambling law changes to last a lifetime. Manufacturers couldn't care less about 'players' providing they shift units.

Granted we may see a shift in the distribution patterns with 'video' cabinets being updated with new games. I mean that's what we have now with SWPs isn't it?

That loses the tell of 'backing' as it'll be many games, so backing will mean even less than it does now. Hardly a major tell in any case. Still the same feature games, the same scene no doubt.

Random machines are not more popular than non random machines. People who say they are are confused by the confounding variable of increased jackpot size. People AND let's be honest, the Industry would rather compensated games. It means less uncontrolled drift and less player complaint. If I want random......I'll play roulette.

In the bookies.

As it's random in there.

Isn't it?
ob

Post by ob »

Jackpot George wrote:'Feature' machines will always be around. They're far more entertaining than the boring spin, spin, spin, do f all else, spin, spin machines. The only reason people play these 'boring' machines is because the jackpots are higher.

THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE:

Put a £10/play £500 jackpot Duff Beer Guide next to a Cms £10/play £500 section 16 (ok, I know they don't strictly exist) and the cashbox takings from the Duff Beer Guide will outstrip those from the Haunted House providing they're both on the same percentage.

Why? Despite the TFT screen and bells and whistles, gameplay is a big factor in determining what people play. Strip away the jackpot disadvantage and the only reason anyone would play the Haunted House is because they're incontinent and they might leak somewhat looking up the reels for lines.

Elvis/rainbow Riches etc etc BOoooootiful graphics and presentation, can't fault 'em. Piss pooor shit flippin' boring gameplay.

Slot machines used to be the most accessible form of gambling. Now they're not so much now because of on line gambling, FOBT etc

That doesn't mean they'll be scrapped all together, I think we've had enough gambling law changes to last a lifetime. Manufacturers couldn't care less about 'players' providing they shift units.

Granted we may see a shift in the distribution patterns with 'video' cabinets being updated with new games. I mean that's what we have now with SWPs isn't it?

That loses the tell of 'backing' as it'll be many games, so backing will mean even less than it does now. Hardly a major tell in any case. Still the same feature games, the same scene no doubt.

Random machines are not more popular than non random machines. People who say they are are confused by the confounding variable of increased jackpot size. People AND let's be honest, the Industry would rather compensated games. It means less uncontrolled drift and less player complaint. If I want random......I'll play roulette.

In the bookies.

As it's random in there.

Isn't it?

in the pubs yes I agree, but look at bingo halls, random 35 rainbow riches etc. do take alot of money!!!

who knows where we will be in a year, pointless to speculate...
JG

Post by JG »

Isn't that Cat C Rainbow Riches game compensated?

Anyway, I take your point. How many hi-techs in Gala? None at the moment. Gala Saga. No brainer dum dum dum. There was an old woman who stank of Corsodyl and body odour playing the Monopolys. She knew quite a bit. Too many sharks in Gala now. Too many sharks to the disposable £50 into a machine and take very little out and quite happy to walk away leaving loads of value in crowd.

You need it busy and you need it with a low volume of sharks. I've deviated.

You're right I guess. The majority of people don't want to think too much when gambling. Some may even gamble for fun. Now that's wierd. I guess that's why lo-techs rule. I'll change my original stance. There willl always be a market for hi-techs, even if it has shifted into a minority market in this day and age.
TheMission

Post by TheMission »

Jackpot George wrote:'Feature' machines will always be around. They're far more entertaining than the boring spin, spin, spin, do f all else, spin, spin machines. The only reason people play these 'boring' machines is because the jackpots are higher.

THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE:

In the bookies.

As it's random in there.

Isn't it?
Erm, no. The bottom line is what is in the cashbox at the end of the week. You can produce the most entertaining game in the world, but if it takes nowt, you're stuffed. Simple.

I produced a S16 that had £34,000 put through one machine, in one week. It lives on as a Cat B3 conversion in Weston Super Mare and elsewhere. No Hi-Tech will EVER do that. Gameplay is great - economics (rightly or wrongly) is the reality.
JG

Post by JG »

Yes, yes, I take your points. I can design a £20/spin £1000 jackpot hi-tech that will have £50,000 put through it during the week.

What I'm saying is that part of the reason s16s could take so much was the £10/spin option and higher jackpots. Get a random s16/B3 on 25p play/£35 jackpot and I doubt it'd take any more than a non random lo-tech on similar settings. In fact in a role reversal 25p/£35 s16 vs £10/£500jp hi-tech, I'm sure the hi-tech would win.

The bigger cashbox is primarily caused by the bigger stake per play and faster play time, not that people are preferring to play these games.