I've had the people that make the machines out...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Matt Vinyl

I've had the people that make the machines out...

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh-heh!

What other funny quotes have bar staff / managers / landlords come out with when they've become miffed about you winning?

I had this nugget of brilliance yesterday from a pub owner who had just changed his Vortex for a JJ Gold ( :( ) apparently, the I'd been 'fiddling' the Vortes out of hundreds of pounds over the last couple of months, and that 'it should never pay out as much as it had been'. I thought of retorting with 'Oh, so you had a representative from Red Gaming down to talk about their machine, did you?' but wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face!

I'm not barred, but I don't think there'll be any more Reds in there for a while, which is a shame... :(

Thankfully, one goes, another appears, in the guise of a OAR +6% £35 in a pub not a million miles from this one. Which I made a tasty £70 off of £20 in... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Excellent!

There're some really clueless publicans out there ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

damn you matt, gravesend is always so bloody burnt :P
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

like the way u spelt vortex wrong, or was that the way he pronounced it vortes lol, prob the later which is rather humerous
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

The only way to deal with this situation is to laugh to yourself. I feel that by playing mainly in a shirt and tie I don't suffer as much as some, but staff ignorance is still highly irritating.

When I decide to give up, I think I may decide to do my final weeks round dressed as super man, letting all the coins clunk into the tray and being as indiscreat as possible -whilst wearing a cheeky grin.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Did supermans costume have pockets? You might have some trouble if you won a bit :P
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

May be Batman then, with a substantial utility belt.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Martal~Wombat.

Post by Martal~Wombat. »

...............Back 2 the original subject, ive had a barman say,
"your not allowed 2 come in here, buy 1drink and play the m/c anymore,
its new gambling regulations " WTF! :roll:
One day you're the pigeons.....
...the next day you're the statues!!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

LOL @ Martal, that's classic! ;0)

ob: Sorry mate - although I always find Dartford and Bexleyheath burnt, so I tend to leave those alone... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I am allowed in 2 pubs to drink and eat but not allowed to play the m/c's including the quiz m/c :roll:
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I certainly hope you tell them where to shove their meat and drink.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Oh yes
Not been in since they said that
Mind you i think thats exactly what they wanted me to do
I do however tell everyone i can, to go in and do them
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

MrRed wrote:I am allowed in 2 pubs to drink and eat but not allowed to play the m/c's including the quiz m/c :roll:
That's ridiculous - so what heinous crime did you commit to deserve that treatment?

It does make you wonder if some of these pubs are actually doing their best to go out of business, doesn't it.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
JG

Post by JG »

"When I decide to give up, I think I may decide to do my final weeks round dressed as super man, letting all the coins clunk into the tray and being as indiscreat as possible -whilst wearing a cheeky grin."

LOL - What's that music?

Dananana dana dana dana Bat......no NUDGEman.......

danana danana dana dana NUDGEMAN..

<<NUDGE!!>>

<<WEDGE!!>>

<<KERCHING!!>>

<<STREAK!!>>

super man type hero going around playing fruit machines?

Christ, what a wind up eh Robin?
Scott

Post by Scott »

''its not me but the machine company have told me not too let you play there machines'', or ''your welcome too come in for a drink but you can't play the bandit'', ''the other locals are moaning cause you always win'', or my favourite just a plain old ''sorry lads i can't serve you'' :roll: :x
Cobwebs 👆