Hostile Pub Locals

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
alcozar

Hostile Pub Locals

Post by alcozar »

Have been doing a machine at nearby pub for a month or so, anyway, I always go in on certain days/times as i know they have normally been filled by locals the day before and it's a rough pub so i go in early when the nutters aren't around and only staff are in.

For first time ever, pub was absolutely packed when i went in at opening time, machine was dead as a doornail and ended up costing me around £30 (had plenty of people coming up watching what i was doing).

Going to leave that pub for a few weeks at least as get the feeling i'm going to get lynched outside if i keep going in, anyone else have this problem when getting regular jackpots from a pub?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Had a very small pub that I was doing very well off a vortex. Got stares from several punters including the landlady, It then changed to a cluedo which was alright profit wise but brought a lot less heat from the locals. Now there's a goldrush but I still call in every couple of weeks for a pint just to keep my face fresh ready for the next decent machine.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

I've just been in a 'Local' snooker club i've never been in before, had a game of snooker, few games on the quizzer then put £7 in some clubber i've never seen, my last press put me up on the feature and i somehow ended up getting the £250 JP :shock:

Everyone in the place turned round, and a few started shouting "your round lad!" etc..

I took the £40 in afterplay, filled my pockets and ran for dear life!!
mjd

Post by mjd »

One of the biggest hates in the game that 'Ill have a guinness' Blah blah...

Even my mates do it to me when I win! Like Piss offsville!! When I see you win £40/£50 on a horse I dont go asking for drinks! it IS the same thing!

Well done though! must of been thrilled (after walking out of the club) :roll:
boom
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

gambogaz1 wrote:Had a very small pub that I was doing very well off a vortex. Got stares from several punters including the landlady, It then changed to a cluedo which was alright profit wise but brought a lot less heat from the locals. Now there's a goldrush but I still call in every couple of weeks for a pint just to keep my face fresh ready for the next decent machine.
:lol: shit hot, i'll have to remember that :)
bigpokercouk

Post by bigpokercouk »

I can answer both things here..

Had a jackpot rip on a club in possibly the smallest social club in the world.. Took the 250 once when both other members were sat at the bar.. One says ' whoever wins the jackpot always buys the guys a round'

My playing mate instantly replies loudly with F*** OFF YOU FAT UGLY C*** @

Never did go back!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

What these 'punters' don't realise is twofold:

1. They, most of the time, think that it's a one-off, as "No-one ever wins on that machine, mate!" so they genuinely think you are a normal punter and got very lucky!

2. Would they buy you a beer if you had done your proverbial row-locks in a machine and had cleaned out your pockets? I thinkus nottus...

The landlady at one of my pubs encourages me to play the Vortex, and 'enjoys me winning' - I think they have an arrangement in there where they take none of the cashbox, but it's well positioned near to the bar to ensure that drinks are purchased throughout playing sessions. A very nice pub actually... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Screw it, going out with a few mates today so going to "hit" the pub again (feel inspired by the "your round mate, you've won 250 pot" and the other friends "f off").

Wish me luck.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

I got loads of Jps off a dosh in a local's pub. It got quite 'fired' but calmed down a bit. i was going in there like 2-3 times a week and taking Jps out of the fruit and no-one ever said any thing! Went in there recently and funny enough the same old local's we still drinking in there, one local threatended to wrap a glass around my head as i left and i was only playing a cluedo.

Saying that sums up Playing in a navy town!!
toby

Post by toby »

yeah i get this.. i live right next to two pubs.. one at the bottom of my road.. and one at the top! the top is my local.. bottom is more of a family resturant kinda place! but they got a vortex ,, occationaly go in there for a pint and a play then fook off.. never get any complaints.. as of yet :d

oh and i get the @ rounds on u lark to.. its annoying!

Toby
So wat i cnt spel hu givs? :P