Tutoring

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
clownymo

Tutoring

Post by clownymo »

Bit of a random question here, but if one of your "non-fruit playing" mates asked you to show them how to play the machines, would you teach them? I have a couple of mates who've asked, but have refused and never formally shown them...but then watching me play, they've picked it up. i'd just feel wrong getting them into it, what's everone else's opinion?
JLP

Post by JLP »

You can lead a horse to water.... ect

I had the same moral dillema while i was injecting ketamine and robbing prostitues..... we are all adults here.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

I wouldn't teach them as such but show them a few ropes as I went along.
I have a mate who enjoys playing machines, normally going halves with his dad and they just recycle everything.
Forcing is an alien (and scary) concept to him but I'm looking forward to our night out in a week or so where we have just set aside the time to play machines my style.
He'll hopefully see some home truths and with a bit of luck see some bigger streaks than normal.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
clownymo

Post by clownymo »

well, some of my non-player mates have picked it up, so since they're playing, i thought i'd show them some helpful tips, but i'm very reluctant to teach somebody who has no idea because i know how addictive it can be when you first start, thinking its an easy way to make £30 because you see everyone else doing it...seen a couple of people chuck away a lot of money. a little jaded and melo-dramatic maybe, i just don't like the thought of introducing somebody to something potentially addictive
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

I showed an addict once some of the basics of holds and respins who was losing a LOT of money regularly, felt sorry for them as they had no clue about anything.

Probably wouldn't do it again as most people pick things up by lurking/watching over your shoulder while you play.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I taught an old boy to play Grub-a-dub-dub yesterday. He was really oblivious to how those fruit steps/nudges games work, and amusingly he thought that the lit exchange point between the £15 cash position and the 12 nudges position meant that you'd win £15 x 12 (remember - the exchange positions on GADD are a knife'n'fork crossed over each other in an 'X' shape).

He is no sort of threat to profits in my town so I was only too happy to help him out.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy

Post by Guest »

i seem to remember the legendary player LUKESTAR was once offering sum private tutoring on the art of fruit machine swordmanship....for a small fee i seem to recall.....aint seen him on ere for a while though....
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

one of my mates asked me to teach him on sunday after i had done £105 from CCP,

only thing there are only about 3 pubs near where i live so i told him to fuck right off :lol:

Post by Guest »

lol...a clear case of demand outstripping supply....gotta be done aint it!!
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

When someone asks me to show them how to play the machines, I usually respond "Certainly, if you will agree to paying me 50% of your monthly wage every month". They usually shut up after that.