Knowing me, Knowing you

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JLP

Post by JLP »

Is that Stuart Dunham?

If so, you talking about your idol again stu?

I mean you both sit in a chair and hardly fucking move, you both dribble when you eat, you both chewed crayons as children, and the only women that even spoke to you were your mother and your grandmother.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Hmm....think you might be disappointed there JLP, he's not called stuart!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Scott

Post by Scott »

®© harry2½ wrote:
®© harry2½ wrote:lol.Strimming hasn't worked since about 1985.

I believe that there were two different "strimming" methods.
The practice I am talking about meant getting a piece of plastic that you would use for your Flymo and bend it into a certain shape to fool the slots in thinking that a coin was going into the mechanism. The plastic Mars Electronics slots which beacme more popular in about 1983 stopped this practice AFAIK.

Maybe not :shock:

Another old trick was to wrap a 10p piece with some surgical tape or aluminium foil and the less sensitive slots believed it was a 50p giving either change or 50p worth of credits. This pre-dated the pound coin.

A friend of mine has told me about this kind of strimming, its before my time but he said it was hard work finding a machine with any money in it, he also said the credits only went too 99 and if you went over you had too start at 0 again.
Cobwebs 👆
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

JLP wrote:Is that Stuart Dunham?

If so, you talking about your idol again stu?

I mean you both sit in a chair and hardly fucking move, you both dribble when you eat, you both chewed crayons as children, and the only women that even spoke to you were your mother and your grandmother.
HAH! Er NO.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

I think JLP is trying to endear himself with the masses. :o
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Extreme Eddie wrote:
®© harry2½ wrote:

The practice I am talking about meant getting a piece of plastic that you would use for your Flymo and bend it into a certain shape to fool the slots in thinking that a coin was going into the mechanism. The plastic Mars Electronics slots which beacme more popular in about 1983 stopped this practice AFAIK.

Another old trick was to wrap a 10p piece with some surgical tape or aluminium foil and the less sensitive slots believed it was a 50p giving either change or 50p worth of credits. This pre-dated the pound coin.

A friend of mine has told me about this kind of strimming, its before my time but he said it was hard work finding a machine with any money in it, he also said the credits only went too 99 and if you went over you had too start at 0 again.

Eddie. At this time EVERY machine had the same slot mechanisms, almost entirely made of metal. They were calibrated to take one coin only. Generally the machines had three slots, accepting 10p's and 50p's (which either gave change 5x 10p's or 2 credits and 40p change) and 10p tokens. Most machines only accepted their own manufacturers tokens as JPM had smaller tokens than say Bell Fruit so you had a limited range of machines to put the tokens back into. Some arcades would change tokens for gifts or cigarettes. Changing tokens into cash was actually illegal. The Mars electronic slots (very similar to the ones used today)were the first multi-coin accepting mechanisms and would take tokens also. It was only with introduction of £10 jackpots that all wins became cash only.
JLP

Post by JLP »

®© harry2½ wrote:I think JLP is trying to endear himself with the masses. :o
¬.¬

rite.
cashino

Post by cashino »

®© harry2½ wrote:

I think you are a bit confused here; the 2 types of strimming were firstly put the said bit of plastic strim thread UNDER the coin and pull fast as it went in. This meant that the genuine coin u used registered for credits but because spinning fast it would then fly out the reject chute.
Secondly, the strim wire could be bent to actually go in and tweak the simple and basic trip wire for credits, which was usually activated by the coin hitting it on it's way down into the tubes.

If you have the right jig you can still apparently successfully do a version of the second even today.
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

I was really hoping Bellfruit had made an Alan Partridge fruit machine.