Note Acceptors

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
clownymo

Note Acceptors

Post by clownymo »

Sorry if this a) is a bit of a newbie question or b) has been asked before, but does the notey being activated or deactivated tell you anything about the machine? Was in a pub playing a manic (the only fruity in the pub) and chucked about £7 in coz the notey was off and it was all the coins i had, played like crap so i left it. Bout an hour later, notey still off, so i put a fiver of coins back in to see if anyone had had a crack on it, and it put me up once or twice really making me work for the burgers. Then the notey switched on, so me being me, tenner in, for £47 out (few cashpot wins and a cash climber that repeated twice for £33). Absolutely shot me up the board! Was quite suprised. Then theres a Pots of Gold that used to shit itself with money, but now is incredibly stingy...the notey hasn't worked for a while. So just wondering if there is any connection here? Again, apologies for being a bit of a n00b...
cashino

Post by cashino »

A note acceptor refusing notes is indicative of the machine being low on coins, POSSIBLY from punters playing 2 quid for the change after, but more probably as it's done its nuts for somebody else.
This explains your experience of playing events.

I always assume of notey is off, avoid, even on sec 16's.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

On pub fruits it means the machine is at least £150 away from being full. Once it goes back under £150 off, notey will come back on.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Scott

Post by Scott »

people use em for change around here, or put a £20 note in get the bank too £30 odd then collect the lot, prime example....... the other day on a vortex i was just trying a few boards even though it was £116 down, first board dead, second board collected £3 cause on a shit number, next board ARB2, it gave me 2 £35 tops then a £70 not too far apart and i made just under £60 on it. also used too have an extreme that was always red X on the notey but always good for £5-£20 profit most days. i'll try a board on most playable things no matter what there down unless its well over the £150 limit then you know it has genuinely been won.
Cobwebs 👆
tootat

Post by tootat »

so if i understand it is better to add funds via notey as you will probably get more??? :?
Scott

Post by Scott »

if you play a flying machine with notes or coins it will play exactly the same.
Cobwebs 👆
rocket

Post by rocket »

tootat wrote:so if i understand it is better to add funds via notey as you will probably get more??? :?
no.

The machine plays the same no matter what. If there aren't many coins inside it, then it turns the note acceptor off so people can only play coins (therefore filling it up again). Therefore if the notey is off, you know the machine is low on coins - possibly (although not necassarily) a good indicator that someone has just won a lot of money and taken a lot of coins from the machine.
tootat

Post by tootat »

ok, thanks for clearing that up. i thought for some reason with all the comments on the notey that there woz a rip :o