Bookmakers £1 play £500 Jackpot discussion

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
jeffvickers

Bookmakers £1 play £500 Jackpot discussion

Post by jeffvickers »

Spent £20 today on some Barcrest bile in Corals.
£1 play. Best win £ 1. Gives you a stupid pie chart gamble. Land in the green section of pie, then £1 changes into £2. etc. Won't play again. Fresh ideas needed, Barcrest and the rest of the FOBT garbage.
flashback

Post by flashback »

Think we can wave goodbye to AWPs in bookies, most have gone already and Ladbrokes seem to be rolling out standalone 500's to replace the fruits. Not many people playing them yet from what I can see but as soon as a couple of punters fluke the 500 they will no doubt gain popularity.
ob

Post by ob »

are these standalone/crest 500's random style crap, or ones with features etc. like a normal club machine
JG

Post by JG »

Uuurgh - terrible. Several bookmakers have the stand alone dedicated cabinet for Reel King, Slotto, Holy Grail and 'Lucky Chance' a Rainbow Riches derivative. Fast spinning and 92% is too low. £1/spin is too expensive.
Ladbrokes have their own designs form their website. I put £1 in Wall Street and lost it in a quarter of a second.
I'm not temptedings - these look bad.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

William hills had something like this today, walked in and saw some sort of party time slotto, which was just some horrible looking random machine so i just didn't even bother playing it.
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

dont like the ladbrokes games wall street and that other crap keep getting 20pence wins.

i had the bonus where reel 1 and 5 pay think i got £5 off it complete dross

the jacks or better at aldbrokes seems to be progressive but it only allows you to double up X5.

bottled it on £64 going to £124 i had only put £30 in so a nice tidy profit
which will probably never happen again
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I played the barcrest game in Corals on Friday and we'll agree on something Jeff, they are pants. I got a bit more value than you but still walked away £35 down. It gave me one of the three features - a pile notes with different values on each (£250-£1), 3 offers 1st offer = £19, last offer £13. And this pie chart rubbish, its just like numbers i.e. half full you're on a 6, three quarters full = a 9 etc.

At least I made my money back on ready Hot Stuff......but why did I go on the damn £500ers?.................Greed! :x
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Managed to get a £250 on joker poker in C orals, but the fruits are mind numbingly boring.

Post by Guest »

yup this shit spreading like monkey fever in the congo....proper codswallop....surely the general concensus is not to even plop a single cherry picker in these shite...if so strict control is a must....20bar max! but hey says me, the gimp who did 2.5k on the roulette in 3 days....nearly topped me sen i tell thee...............seriously!!
theoak

Post by theoak »

tried 20 in the one that isnt wall street forget its name, got ALL THREE different main features, reels 1&5 one went for £33 reels 1,2&3 one about £18 and reels 2,3,4 went for about £30, all very shit dunno how common they are.

HAVE also tried wall street itself, got the one on reels 2,3,&4, this is probably the best one of the lot as went for £126. was happy with this and will be happy never to touch them again! dont like random machines one bit.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

have to admit I don't mind the poker ones you get in ladbrokes, were you can double/quits your win, can get very messy very quickly! Double or quits on that £200???? Eek!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

What happened to you mr dunham.....turned into the worlds biggest swede head! :D :P
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

As we know, as of Sept 1st virtually every LBO got rid of their standard AWP ( Willy Hills got rid of theirs years ago) in favour of the new FOBT's with £500jp. BetFred kept a Holey Moley for a while afterwards, but I kept going in to see if they'd changed it but they hadn't, this was until end of October. Anyway I walked past the place today and they've swapped it for a.................Gold Rush :shock:

I suppose this is a pointless post but does anybody else know of fruities still in LBO's?
JG

Post by JG »

Carribean Cash and SMTM. Not really worth going in for. BETFRED.
There's a Hills tucked away that may still have one in. Two Hills. About twenty miles away from each other. I'll check 'em out soon. Grub a Dub and chipped 4 reeler I'm thinking of.
Ladbrokes used to have BB, LAB and unchipped WIYB, but all gone now. Well as of 2nd week in September.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

was still in corals