ATEI 2008

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
pat624

ATEI 2008

Post by pat624 »

Yes I know its a long way off, but just wondered who on this site was planning to go. I have been every year for about 10 years now, it is one of the highlights of the year for me , playing new games for free, getting very drunk surrounded by pretty girls and I usually end up at an after show party with a free bar too.

If anyone is planning to go next year it would be great if a few of us could meet up.

Pat
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I went this year, thought it was ok but nowt amazing :D

Agree about the birds though, some absolute stunners there!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Oli

Post by Oli »

Forgive my noobness but what is ATEI? And when/where is it?
streaky bacon?
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

no name

Post by no name »

I might even go to this myself. Just been looking at the floorplan. Bell-Fruit, Barcrest and Games Media will be on the ground floor at the back, furthest away from the Warwick Road entrance.
_delIDE0-2F4B2009_0x0000F9
rollem

Post by rollem »

Il be going...agree with everything but the lies about the free bar! I went this year...wasnt anything amazing.

Barcrest barly showed off anything which was amazingly lame. Think they had that piggy 1 from red and jailbirds was there...nuffin great.

Got to go on the first day though! Get more freebies. All about ATEI!
bowie

Post by bowie »

I'd love to go to this but as i'm in Scotland i'd have to explain to my better half and mates why i'm heading to London for a few dates and there's not a chance i would say to go to a fruity exhibition, i'd be branded a mental addict straight away.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I'll be going, but how do we get the invites to the post show partys? :)
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

bowie wrote:I'd love to go to this but as i'm in Scotland i'd have to explain to my better half and mates why i'm heading to London for a few dates and there's not a chance i would say to go to a fruity exhibition, i'd be branded a mental addict straight away.
you could lie - but that would make you more of a 'mental addict' lol :-D
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Its not great. I wont be taking anytime off work for it.......

Picture it as gonig on a day trip to a new place, but you just CANNOT make any money!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i'm going. i can write it off as research so i will actually get paid for going. HARGH! HARGH! HARGH! eat that you saps.
i'll probably kop off with the prettiest bridesmaid too.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

I'll be there to see how the manufacturers are trying to get round the new legislation, and to eye up the women.

To be honest I'm not looking forward to spending three days looking at Roulette presented in 20 different ways, and the inevitable reskins and reglasses of tired, uninspiring machines.

Still, I'll be there and I'll be bored by the end of the first afternoon just like the last two years. If I had a choice I wouldn't go, but sadly I don't.
TheMission

Post by TheMission »

rollem wrote:Il be going...agree with everything but the lies about the free bar! I went this year...wasnt anything amazing.
Didn't go into ICE then? There were a few stands dishing out free food, wine and bottled beers. It gets a bit boring after two days, but an exhibitor's pass, corporate party and being on the piss all day/night certainly helps :)