Some helpful advice.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Some helpful advice.

Post by Guest »

Most people on here(if not all) have experienced being stung by a m/c short changing your bank on collection or taking your notes and not giving credits etc.,recently i inserted a £20 only for the m/c to alarm and giving no credits,when the shift manager come to do the old turn off/on business it simply started back up with no alarm and the note changer switched itself off.
Cue the usual "all i can do is take your details etc etc.",anyway i got nothing back as they let the woman empty/re-fill the m/c before it was checked by the engineer-hence the £20 magically disappeared!!.
Anyway same place(big chain pub) last weekend upon collecting my bank it alarmed owing me £20ish-here we go again i thought.Anyway a different manager this time(a very unhelpful lady who didnt want to know),just turned off the m/c and said the usual line.
Fuck this i thought,and sent an e-mail to their head office explaining my experiences.I had a very swift and pleasant reply,followed by a phone call saying my money was ready to be picked up.
I went yesterday got my money,an apology and a nice free pint of stella!.
So after a long-winded post(sorry),my point is don't put up with shoddy excuses for non refunds,get a decent e-mail sent of to their head office and see what happens,if we all do it they may deal with these matters more effectively in the future.
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

film b4 and as u collect from your mobile ;-)
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

[quote="johnjohn"]film b4 and as u collect from your mobile ]

As i have said in another thread i have tried that
They won't consider that as proof

Just keep at them when they owe you
A nice letter to head office, with a bit of a threat about taking it further, usually does the trick :wink:
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Like the smoke law, the new gambling law is upon us 1/9/07.

More rights for us punters.

Barstaff now have to follow rituals.

Gives us punters the rights we deserve.

don't forget sept 1st 2007.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I was handed £77 from the till in a pub last night after something went horribly wrong with the hopper on my last remaining Invincible. I was all ready with pen-in-hand to give details, and back came the barman with a wad of notes!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy