License laws on £5 jackpots?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Texas Pete

License laws on £5 jackpots?

Post by Texas Pete »

Hello chaps, it's been a while..... :D

Looking for a spot of advice from anyone in the industry, or anyone knowledgable on such matters.

A mate of mine is about to open a pretty good sized cafe, and he's interested in the possibility of siting a couple of fruities in there to bring in a few extra quid. I've heard that the regulations for £5 jackpot AWP machines are pretty leniant (I'm sure we've all stumbled over them in the odd kebab shop!) so I was hoping someone could enlighten me on the finer points.

Basically, would it be legal to have an AWP on the premesis, is there a maximum number you can have, would he incur any annual fees, would he need to clear it with any licensing agencies etc.

Any pointers would be very useful - cheers!
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

As far as im aware it is illegal to have a fruit machine in a cafe.
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Oh :o ops:

So am I right in thinking it's only legal in a take-away establishment?

Sod it, I think we'll just fill the place with S16s and have done with it. :lol:
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

dont you need a gaming license no matter where it is?
bowie

Post by bowie »

It's not exactly a hugely enforced law however, there has been machines in cafe's and takeaways as far back as i can remember, i had an un-chipped D£N's £25 in a pizza place for a few weeks, hard to key most of the time but managed it the odd time. Didn't last long.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »