WTF?? How bad is this?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
MrRed

WTF?? How bad is this?

Post by MrRed »

Right i was playing a OAR today
The manager was giving me evils straight away

Anyway eventually i got a £25 then a £75 and it started to auto collect back down
As i hit about £70 the m/c went off
I looked over and he is grinning
No other electrics went off just the 2 m/c's
I shouted to him what the f~+k are you doing to which no reply, but the m/c came back on and the £70 still there collected down to £58

I then pressed collect and again at about £50 the m/c goes off
By this time i am so mad its unreal
It was clearly obvious he was turning it off at the main switch somewhere

Again he smirks and i shout you better switch it back on
Anyway it comes back on and i collect, again this time at just the point i have collected it all it goes again

Then as i am scooping my coins out into my pockets he comes over and says
Whats up'?? Cockily like he does not know
I say nothing now you now i have just made £60 from your m/c and all your tricks did not work

He still maintains he knows nothing so i walk out
I mean is it really coming down to turning m/c's off on us??
itsme

Post by itsme »

what a cock.. he must be green with envy my friend
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

If you owned a pub, someone came in and destroyed the machine for the reg's, you would be annoyed, we have to accept it. All part of the game.
Unbelievable Jeff
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

had the same happen to me last year some of you may remember when playing a money laundry, was reset about 4 times while playing on decent board, ended up about 60 down when i prob should have broken even...
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

crosbyrules wrote:If you owned a pub, someone came in and destroyed the machine for the reg's, you would be annoyed, we have to accept it. All part of the game.
Thats the thing though he did not own it
It was a bar and he was only the duty manager
What does it mean to him??
Big Mick

Post by Big Mick »

Maybe he wanted to play it himself and when you won he was pissed off, i no ive been about to play a m/c and someone was on it and got top or jp out of it. i remember once i put some ££ lost went to get change turn round a bloke was on it next board IM mega streak for 60 ish quid on a bullseye i wasnt happy at all!
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Happened to me in a dodgy pub in Blackpool about 7 years ago.
The whole power went off in the building for a few seconds when machine was in "Jackpot Celebration music" mode before it had time to bank.
Bastards.
Basil Rathbone2

Post by Basil Rathbone2 »

If it bothers you that much, why not just play battery powered machines and keep a spare set of rechargeables in your pocket?
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Basil Rathbone2 wrote:If it bothers you that much, why not just play battery powered machines and keep a spare set of rechargeables in your pocket?
Good thinking, I only ever play on wind up ones :)

On really breezy days they are great!!
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

MrRed wrote:
crosbyrules wrote:If you owned a pub, someone came in and destroyed the machine for the reg's, you would be annoyed, we have to accept it. All part of the game.
Thats the thing though he did not own it
It was a bar and he was only the duty manager
What does it mean to him??
What a wan*er. The thing is though Mr Red is that they think that they are the owner! :x As far as they are concerned it is their responsibilty to stop people like us taking money from their bandits. These people do not understand how sometimes we can lose as well. As cros said it is all part of the game, just need to be as discreet as possible. At least you got your money though :lol: .
theoak

Post by theoak »

Big Mick wrote:Maybe he wanted to play it himself and when you won he was pissed off, i no ive been about to play a m/c and someone was on it and got top or jp out of it. i remember once i put some ££ lost went to get change turn round a bloke was on it next board IM mega streak for 60 ish quid on a bullseye i wasnt happy at all!
:x shit, bought back a horrid memory I think I had selectively forgotten, viva rock vegas, pumped it a bit, very very close, went to bar rto get change , some clueless couple gets on and it goes invincible for £75, took him about 5-10 minutes stopping at every point wondering what her should do
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

jeffvickers wrote:Happened to me in a dodgy pub in Blackpool about 7 years ago.
The whole power went off in the building for a few seconds when machine was in "Jackpot Celebration music" mode before it had time to bank.
Bastards.
Sounds more like an unfortunate power cut.
I doubt they would trip the whole pub.
theoak

Post by theoak »

actually, there was also a power cut mid feature on who wants to be a legionnaire. it was offering a tenner. I put in a claim at the bar and got it! obvioulsy carried on playing teh machine too, and won.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

I spose even though how much the machine takes is nothing to do with him, he just doesn't want someone fleecing the machines on "his yard" so to speak.

Same with our local bookies, any signs that you're winning and some spotty little kid will come over and tell you to leave.

Not that it's a problem now, cause every bookmaker in whitby now has some sort of deal or no deal machine... :( , still it's an effective way of stopping pros playing, get the worst possible selection of machines available.
theoak

Post by theoak »

You've been kicked out of a bookies for playing!? thats bloody harsh to me, but I live in big ol' London. Most don't even bother with fruits anymore.